GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Maps not showing up (but the display works)

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-16, 08:24 PM
Amirtcu
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maps not showing up (but the display works)

Hi all,

My display randomly stopped [fully] functioning today. The startup image shows up, the right side of the screen with the media / AC options show up, back up camera works, etc. however, the maps do not show up - it's just black (backlight works). The warning message at ignition start no longer contains the skip option. After some time, the warning message just goes black and no map shows up. The Bluetooth does not connect to my phone. The cursor shows that it works but I cannot actually select anything. I was able to turn off the audio via the power button, but now it won't turn back on. I cannot actually select any media, nor can I power off the screen. The Radio / Media buttons do not work but the cursor is able is able to select the Compass and AC. It's literally just the media and maps that do not function.

Any ideas? Appreciate the help!

Old 06-07-16, 08:50 PM
GXtoGStoLS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's this problem discussed here: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...t-working.html.

I got a frantic call from my 17 year old this morning about this same thing happening. We called the dealer, and they were aware of the problem due to multiple other calls this morning and said a fix would be forthcoming. In any case, they said the car is safe to drive.
Old 06-07-16, 09:48 PM
namzug
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<br >