GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Takeda intake or stock?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-16, 12:54 AM
Boombai
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Takeda intake or stock?

Hey guys, im thinking of installing the takeda intake, but i feel like my stock sound is loud enough (i know that it has a sound generator) but since i have to remove the sound generator when installing the takeda intake does it make a difference? does it sound more quiet with the takeda intake?
Old 02-07-16, 01:08 AM
Rudiculous
Racer

Received 168 Likes on 152 Posts

It's a different sound, check YouTube
Old 02-07-16, 07:01 AM
IS-Fuji
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It is awesome I have it ..

Originally Posted by Boombai
Hey guys, im thinking of installing the takeda intake, but i feel like my stock sound is loud enough (i know that it has a sound generator) but since i have to remove the sound generator when installing the takeda intake does it make a difference? does it sound more quiet with the takeda intake?
It sounds better is real intake sound and does provide increased air flow! Check out my previous posts with a link to my YouTube video sample. It does however sound better in real life.
Old 02-07-16, 10:11 AM
viperr
Intermediate

Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by IS-Fuji
It sounds better is real intake sound and does provide increased air flow! Check out my previous posts with a link to my YouTube video sample. It does however sound better in real life.
Here's your link below for the video I saw. Do you lose any low end torque and power? I had one before on another vehicle and noticed more power gains at higher RPMs. Also with the intake, air is now coming in warmer from the engine bay instead of using the stock airbox where cooler air comes from the ducting in the front.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ion-blips.html
Old 02-07-16, 10:54 AM
IS-Fuji
Driver School Candidate

Default Follow up ..

Originally Posted by viperr
Here's your link below for the video I saw. Do you lose any low end torque and power? I had one before on another vehicle and noticed more power gains at higher RPMs. Also with the intake, air is now coming in warmer from the engine bay instead of using the stock airbox where cooler air comes from the ducting in the front.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ion-blips.html
No do not, its actually more responsive even at low end .the kit still uses the stock air inlet( duct in front as you mentioned ) directly to where the filter is.
Old 02-07-16, 11:04 AM
NebulaGrey
Intermediate

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

Sorry not to hijack but,
Do You actually remove the sound generator or is it just hanging around in he engine bay still?
Old 02-07-16, 11:14 AM
IS-Fuji
Driver School Candidate

Default Sound generator is removed ...

Originally Posted by NebulaGrey
Sorry not to hijack but,
Do You actually remove the sound generator or is it just hanging around in he engine bay still?
No problem - The sound generator is completely removed as there's a different intake tube all together as shown in pics on my original video post. I personally hated having fake intake noise so it was a must do modification.