GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

What's up with the MY16 F-sports

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-16, 09:32 PM
sbaldwin77
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's up with the MY16 F-sports

My 14 gs350 fsport lease ends in exactly a month from today. Looking to get into a 2016 fsport but it seems like they aren't really at dealers. Does anyone know why? They may have one or two and that's it. Geeez, Lexus is killing me here. I would like to stay with them but if no inventory by March then I'll be forced to consider another car manufacturer.

My best guess is Lexus wants everyone that got a 27 month lease during DTR to jump in the 2016 at the same time? Shrugs...

Im not even seeing enough of these to know what color I want this go around.
Old 01-21-16, 09:50 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

I haven't seen a single 2016 on the road until now either. But I do see a lot of RCs on the road now, them deals must be dirt cheap. Even RCFs are rolling around everywhere now, I definitely see more RCFs than ISFs back in the days. No GSF either.
Old 01-21-16, 10:50 PM
ARM350F
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I know keyes Lexus has some, they are probably hiding them in the lots while they sell off the 15s. They even still have crafted line LS. Ironic thing is all the workers from audi would drool over the LS even though they just got out of an A8. By the way I know this because Lexus and Audi share a lot.
Old 01-22-16, 06:09 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts

March is a long way off still. Dealers are clearing 2015 inventory still. 2016s are out there, several forum members have them now.
Old 01-22-16, 06:31 AM
FLBuckeye1
Driver School Candidate

I'm in a similar boat. Most dealers in my part of Florida have at least a handful on the lots, some have dozens. I spent a couple of hours earlier this week getting quotes and no one is really interested in selling them, however. Definitely no pressure tactics....it was hard even getting responses to emails from several dealers. The quotes I did get weren't very good. Residuals and money factors are really high now. Lexus's fiscal year ends 3/31 so I suspect activity will pick up in a month or so (both supply and demand).
Old 01-22-16, 06:38 AM
SC300Es
Pole Position

Received 63 Likes on 44 Posts

Can't you extend your lease by a month or two to give yourself some time?
Old 01-22-16, 07:20 AM
GregCanada
Advanced

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

I saw one at the lexus dealership with the stickers still all over it - they are quite rare up here. Other than mine, i see another GS (any gen) about twice a week.
Old 01-22-16, 08:51 AM
DVADER
Driver

Originally Posted by sbaldwin77
My 14 gs350 fsport lease ends in exactly a month from today. Looking to get into a 2016 fsport but it seems like they aren't really at dealers. Does anyone know why? They may have one or two and that's it. Geeez, Lexus is killing me here. I would like to stay with them but if no inventory by March then I'll be forced to consider another car manufacturer.

My best guess is Lexus wants everyone that got a 27 month lease during DTR to jump in the 2016 at the same time? Shrugs...

you can extend your lease but you will have to pay tax on the amount of months you extend by and that tax has to be paid upfront. If you extend your lease you dont have to keep it for the entire extension period, you can dump it anytime you want.
Old 01-22-16, 09:51 AM
KennethGS
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Check yourlexusdealer.com. Lexus will list cars here before they show up in dealer inventory. I just did a 2016 GS F-Sport search for the NY area and came back with 28 results.
Old 01-22-16, 10:54 AM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Yeah I'm gonna be in the same boat later in the year, mine is up in August and I haven't seen any '16's driving around yet. May be at the dealership, but haven't been there since November.
Old 01-22-16, 11:15 AM
namzug
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I visited Lexus of Escondido (San Diego) yesterday for the free new car indoctrination class. I noticed six on the lot. Most were Fsports but I did notice a non-sport in a cool dark blue color. I will upload pictures shortly. I did however, like the black on black f-sport.
Old 01-22-16, 11:55 AM
rijc99
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Westminster Lexus is full up on inventory. Majority of their first line on the front lot were MY16 GS's.
Old 01-22-16, 01:01 PM
2SwiFt29
Lexus Test Driver

Haven't seen much RC's or the new GS here in so cal. My lease is up in July. I'm sure there'll be more GS available then. Only thing is HUD on the GS. I'll probably have to order the GS with HUD come June so it'll be ready by the time I return the car. Deciding between 340i or GS.
Old 01-22-16, 02:25 PM
mrpartsman
Lexus Test Driver

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by MrDemon
I know keyes Lexus has some, they are probably hiding them in the lots while they sell off the 15s. They even still have crafted line LS. Ironic thing is all the workers from audi would drool over the LS even though they just got out of an A8. By the way I know this because Lexus and Audi share a lot.
I picked up the first one from Keys the day before New years.
Old 01-22-16, 02:28 PM
mrpartsman
Lexus Test Driver

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

You know that you can go and talk to them to order it for you and they will transfer it from another dealer or as soon as they get the one you want at a dealer close by they will call you, that's what they did for me and it took 3 weeks but I got the first one.

Quick Reply: What's up with the MY16 F-sports