GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Dallas area Lexus dealers

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-16, 06:10 PM
Dbaliko
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Dallas area Lexus dealers

I bought my '15 GS in Oklahoma because I couldn't get a good deal in Dallas. Which Dallas dealer is better for general service and maintenance? Sewell or Park Place? I have used both Sewell and Park Place with other of their brands but not their Lexus dealerships. The closest dealership to my house is Park Place in Grapevine, but Sewell in Dallas is close to my office.

Doug
Old 01-06-16, 06:26 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

IMO Sewell is the best at service. I had my GS F Sport serviced there and they always exceeded my expectations. I had one of the first GS's and I had some dents in the aluminum trim above the glovebox and on the cupholder door. They said they hadn't seen that before and they replaced it for free. They always had decent loaner cars as well. Rachel Ritchie was my service advisor and she was great. Took a personal interest and always responded. I get my G37 serviced at Sewell Infiniti and they equally good.

My only experience with Park Place was when I had an '06 SC430 purchased at Sewell. I took it to Park Place to have a dent removed because I happened to be in Plano for a couple of days. They removed the dent but returned the car dirty. When I asked them why they didn't wash it their response was "because it wasn't purchased here". I have never even shopped them since. Others on the forum seem to have had good experience with Park Place, but based on mine I would never go back there.

I hope this helps.
Old 01-06-16, 06:29 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,994 Likes on 1,417 Posts

I have used both Park Place Lexus dealerships in the past - Plano and Grapevine. I think both are excellent. I live just a few miles from the Plano dealership so that is the one I use for service.
Old 01-06-16, 06:49 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by dseag2
IMO Sewell is the best at service. I had my GS F Sport serviced there and they always exceeded my expectations. I had one of the first GS's and I had some dents in the aluminum trim above the glovebox and on the cupholder door. They said they hadn't seen that before and they replaced it for free. They always had decent loaner cars as well. Rachel Ritchie was my service advisor and she was great. Took a personal interest and always responded. I get my G37 serviced at Sewell Infiniti and they equally good.

My only experience with Park Place was when I had an '06 SC430 purchased at Sewell. I took it to Park Place to have a dent removed because I happened to be in Plano for a couple of days. They removed the dent but returned the car dirty. When I asked them why they didn't wash it their response was "because it wasn't purchased here". I have never even shopped them since. Others on the forum seem to have had good experience with Park Place, but based on mine I would never go back there.

I hope this helps.
I suspect your car was returned with the same dirt it had when you arrived. The complimentary car washes that many dealerships often provide are for customers who bought their vehicles from that particular dealership. Since Park Place has two Lexus dealerships (Plano & Grapevine) buyers can get complimentary car washes (7 days a week for life) at either location. Park Place puts a nice little window sticker on the lower right-hand side of the windshield that says 'Park Place Preferred' so they will know if you purchased the vehicle from Park Place. (It also gets you preferred parking at many DFW area sporting events, etc.) You cannot expect a dealership to provide complimentary car washes to people who didn't even buy their Lexus vehicle from them - because you could buy a Lexus from any ol' used car lot and never have to wash your car ever again...that wouldn't be right. I rather doubt I could get a complimentary car wash from Sewell Lexus (unless they made a mistake) since I did not buy my vehicle from Sewell Lexus. I'm also guessing that Sewell Lexus probably has their own 'preferred' window sticker so they [too] can take care of their customers who bought vehicles from them.

Park Place owns dealerships in the Dallas area for Bentley, Bugatti, Jaguar, Lexus, Lotus, Maserati, McLaren, Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, Rolls-Royce, Smart and Volvo. I'd say they know what they're doing...

Last edited by bclexus; 01-06-16 at 07:45 PM.
Old 01-06-16, 07:13 PM
JellyBean
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Have only used Sewell Lexus in Lemmon Avenue for warranty work, and Davenport Motors (indenpendent Lexus repair @ Inwood and Maple) for most out of warranty work and service. Have received outstanding service (and loaners) from both. They're one of the main reasons I keep buying Lexus.

Edit: FWIW, to add to bclexus' post above about the "preferred" stickers, I read somewhere--maybe here at CL--that both dealers fix RFID tags on top of the rearview mirrors to ID their cars as they pull into the service area. I was always pleasantly surprised whenever a service advisor greeted me by name and the car's maintenance record was already on the screen. The reason was the RFID tag. Cute!

Last edited by JellyBean; 01-06-16 at 07:25 PM. Reason: To add the RFID blurb
Old 01-07-16, 06:21 AM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by bclexus
I suspect your car was returned with the same dirt it had when you arrived. The complimentary car washes that many dealerships often provide are for customers who bought their vehicles from that particular dealership. Since Park Place has two Lexus dealerships (Plano & Grapevine) buyers can get complimentary car washes (7 days a week for life) at either location. Park Place puts a nice little window sticker on the lower right-hand side of the windshield that says 'Park Place Preferred' so they will know if you purchased the vehicle from Park Place. (It also gets you preferred parking at many DFW area sporting events, etc.) You cannot expect a dealership to provide complimentary car washes to people who didn't even buy their Lexus vehicle from them - because you could buy a Lexus from any ol' used car lot and never have to wash your car ever again...that wouldn't be right. I rather doubt I could get a complimentary car wash from Sewell Lexus (unless they made a mistake) since I did not buy my vehicle from Sewell Lexus. I'm also guessing that Sewell Lexus probably has their own 'preferred' window sticker so they [too] can take care of their customers who bought vehicles from them.

Park Place owns dealerships in the Dallas area for Bentley, Bugatti, Jaguar, Lexus, Lotus, Maserati, McLaren, Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, Rolls-Royce, Smart and Volvo. I'd say they know what they're doing...
BC- Don't you think that since dseag2 had a service performed (dent removal) by them that they would wash his car? I never bought both my Lexus vehicles from any Lexus dealer in Houston and still get free wash and vac each time I bring it in for service, I'm not talking about complimentary car washes, just ones you should get when the dealership performs a service.
Old 01-07-16, 08:44 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Sevn86
BC- Don't you think that since dseag2 had a service performed (dent removal) by them that they would wash his car? I never bought both my Lexus vehicles from any Lexus dealer in Houston and still get free wash and vac each time I bring it in for service, I'm not talking about complimentary car washes, just ones you should get when the dealership performs a service.
Very likely so...when employees of the Lexus dealership services or repairs the vehicle. However, PDR (paintless dent repair) is almost always a 'program' that is done by third-party companies, not by the dealership's employees. These PDR companies are generally very small (oftentimes one or two man) companies that routinely visits various car dealerships on dedicated days to perform their magic. The dealership uses them to remove dents/dings in vehicles they are selling...and to offer (make available) the PDR's services to customers, both with and without protection plans.
Old 01-07-16, 09:42 AM
jj14
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I bought my previous Lexus at Park Place Plano. Had it serviced at PPL Plano/Grapevine - very good service department. Had a pathetic/horrible experience with PPL Grapevine when I went to buy my current Lexus (GS), and I went to Sewell Dallas to buy my GS.

Sewell Dallas sales team was awesome!! And then, their service team has been outstanding as well! PPL Grapevine is about 10 minutes drive for me, while Sewell Dallas is about 35 minutes or so (over the bumpy mockingbird road) - but I still take my GS to Sewell Dallas for service.

Not saying PPL service team is bad - they are pretty good. More spacious premises too.
Sewell Dallas on the other hand is not as spacious - feels a little cramped - but I still prefer to take my car there now. (I think it is mainly because of the lousy sales experience I had at PPL Grapevine). Sewell has gone above and beyond in a couple of instances. I highly recommend them for both sales and service.
Old 01-07-16, 12:36 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts

Very likely so...when employees of the Lexus dealership services or repairs the vehicle. However, PDR (paintless dent repair) is almost always a 'program' that is done by third-party companies, not by the dealership's employees. These PDR companies are generally very small (oftentimes one or two man) companies that routinely visits various car dealerships on dedicated days to perform their magic. The dealership uses them to remove dents/dings in vehicles they are selling...and to offer (make available) the PDR's services to customers, both with and without protection plans.
Your right, I forgot that most dent removal services are 3rd party and the dealer doesnt normally provide a free wash and vac service in those cases.
Old 01-07-16, 02:17 PM
1111GS

Received 90 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Sevn86
... I never bought both my Lexus vehicles from any Lexus dealer in Houston and still get free wash and vac each time I bring it in for service, I'm not talking about complimentary car washes, just ones you should get when the dealership performs a service.
We've moved quite a bit. From my experience, I never got asked if I had bought the car from the dealership I brought the car in for service. They always offer free wash and vac but I always tape an A4 paper to the dash saying, "Please Do Not Wash." Some advisors go beyond and offer me free tank of gas regardless what services I get done. This is usually done for TBS.
Some dealerships do offer free wash for the ones that bought the cars from them regardless when they want it washed. I personally would never want another wash from dealership.
Old 01-07-16, 06:27 PM
phungy
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been to both Sewell and Park Place. My vote goes to Park Place.
Old 01-07-16, 06:42 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

And the dealerships make quite a margin on that dent removal, so yes, I do expect them to wash my car. You have your expectations, I have mine. As for buying the car at any ol' used car lot, I was registered in the Lexus Owners site so they could pull up records and see that it was purchased at Sewell, but I'm sure you will have a way of contradicting that as well.

One question... are you employed by Park Place?

Last edited by dseag2; 01-07-16 at 06:49 PM.
Old 01-07-16, 07:05 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

And the dealerships make quite a margin on that dent removal, so yes, I do expect them to wash my car. You have your expectations, I have mine. As for buying the car at any ol' used car lot, I was registered in the Lexus Owners site so they could pull up records and see that it was purchased at Sewell, but I'm sure you will have a way of contradicting that as well.

One question... are you employed by Park Place?
Let me see if I understand. You bought your car from Sewell, but took it to Park Place to have a dent removed. Did you buy a dent removal protection plan when you bought the car from Sewell? If so, Sewell was the dealership that made 'quite a margin on that dent removal' plan, not Park Place... And if you did buy a dent protection plan from Sewell through LFS and took it to Park Place to have the dent removed I suspect Park Place only provided the PDR to you and didn't make a penny for that service.

No, I am not employed by Park Place...
Old 01-07-16, 07:09 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Let me see if I understand. You bought your car from Sewell, but took it to Park Place to have a dent removed. Did you buy a dent removal protection plan when you bought the car from Sewell? If so, Sewell was the dealership that made 'quite a margin on that dent removal' plan, not Park Place... And if you did buy a dent protection plan from Sewell through LFS and took it to Park Place to have the dent removed I suspect Park Place only provided the PDR to you and didn't make a penny for that service.

No, I am not employed by Park Place...
No, I did not buy a dent protection plan through Sewell so keep trying.
Old 01-07-16, 07:17 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

No, I did not buy a dent protection plan through Sewell so keep trying.
The bottom line is - you didn't get your dirty car washed - did you?

Quick Reply: Dallas area Lexus dealers