GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Idiot Service Tech at Lexus

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-16, 02:46 PM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts
Default Idiot Service Tech at Lexus

So I decided to try another dealership and well I guess it didnt go so well. I went to see a sales manager that I was referred to by a friend. While outside we were looking at the newer GS and I heard my car squeal tires and take off, to road test my car. Good thing I wasn't the only one that heard it as the sales manager was there. Thought that was it got worse when I looked over the Blackvue camera and well I'll let you all look at the video and take what you hear from it. Also I did forget to close the exhaust as I usually do when I bring it for service.

Last edited by bigblack06; 01-04-16 at 04:49 PM.
Old 01-03-16, 03:02 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Oooooo...I would be furious! Definitely report it to Lexus Corp and send them the vid. There's no excuse for their service techs to have that attitude and treat customer cars like that. Have the sales or service manager write an apology so you can have even more proof.
Old 01-03-16, 03:07 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Why was he taking it for a road test to begin with? To check some squeaks or rattles? Kinda hard for him to do that with that loud and obnoxious exhaust haha. You seriously drive around like that? Do you get alot of funny looks from people?
Old 01-03-16, 03:18 PM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by dchar
Oooooo...I would be furious! Definitely report it to Lexus Corp and send them the vid. There's no excuse for their service techs to have that attitude and treat customer cars like that. Have the sales or service manager write an apology so you can have even more proof.
Yeah everyone keeps saying that to me which I guess I will go to the dealership tomorrow to discuss what will be done.

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
Why was he taking it for a road test to begin with? To check some squeaks or rattles? Kinda hard for him to do that with that loud and obnoxious exhaust haha. You seriously drive around like that? Do you get alot of funny looks from people?
To check a rattle on the door switcher. I drive around but not in automatic always in manual sounds way better. I get a bunch of compliments on it actually, if I drove around in automatic it just sounds loud as hell, but that's why I have a switch to tone it down.
Old 01-03-16, 03:45 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts

I'd be furious, I'm sure you were. That's why I hate taking my car in for service where I can't see it once it leaves the service drive. My local lexus dealer (Sterling McCall) during my recent service on my RX scratched the hell out of my paint on my black RX while doing their complimentary car wash. I've had them wash it before but this was crazy. It looked to me like the wash tech used a metal bristle brush or something. I still have to get it fixed.
Old 01-03-16, 04:07 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

How did they fix this issue?
Old 01-03-16, 04:08 PM
DVADER
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear what happened, no reason to beat on a customers car like that or talk trash. The tech sounds like an obnoxious little brat punk. Def tell corporate about this along with sending the video. How did you get a camera to record everything in your car and is it a DIY install?
Old 01-03-16, 04:18 PM
mrpartsman
Lexus Test Driver

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

wow thats messed up, and good u recorded everything and the he has the ***** to talk **** to, dude just do ur job its non of ur biz of what the guy did to the car, thats y not even oil changes I take it to the dealer, I wish good lock I hope corp does something about it.
Old 01-03-16, 04:23 PM
CottageChz
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

I'm sure a lot of techs sometimes do this to a certain extent not thinking that they're being recorded... although this guy seemed particularly angry and rude. Not excusing it, just saying. But this guy just seems crazy.

I think what surprised me the most in this video was when he started cussing out the manager or sales guy who confronted him when he got back. He must not really care about his job or have some pretty serious job security there for some reason.

Definitely wouldn't want this guy driving or working on my car.
Old 01-03-16, 04:42 PM
KJD3
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd be furious, hell I got a little heated listening to him complain. Listening to him go on and on the way he did, and the way he was talking about his co-workers, and then the way he responded to his, I assume, service manager is unacceptable. It's obvious he doesn't take car of customers cars. I'd even question the work he does on the cars. This would be enough for me not to use that dealer again for service.
Old 01-03-16, 04:46 PM
CottageChz
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

Yeah, frankly, I don't understand how people like this get jobs, and then manage to keep them for any long period of time. I'd fire someone for treating co-workers (and customers) like that if I had the authority. I can't imagine this is the first time they've had a problem with this guy, judging by the ridiculous way he was carrying on.
Old 01-03-16, 04:50 PM
Shinedown
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You just can't catch a break lately. I know you usually go to HC, let me know which one this was so I don't go there.
Old 01-03-16, 04:52 PM
Shinedown
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ just watched the video NEVERMIND
Old 01-03-16, 05:12 PM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Sadly, I am used to this type of crap talk. I've heard this numerous times from people at several shops I go. Unlike this guy though, they say it to my face, so I get to reply
Old 01-03-16, 06:22 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Oh *****. XD This video is lovely lol.

Quick Reply: Idiot Service Tech at Lexus