GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Mylparts give defective parts

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-15, 08:04 AM
richard203
Racer

Received 118 Likes on 104 Posts
Default Mylparts give defective parts

So I brought new pads/rotor from them and I installed. After driving a few around I can hear squeal noise from the pads and I thought mybe I'll drive a biy more a see. After 1 month pass but didn't drive the car much cause of the squeal noise coming from the pads and people keep starring at me thinking I have low brake pads or my car is broken. So I saw a thread and people say there's a TSB for those pads/rotor that producing the squeal noise, I quickly emailed Mylparts and see if they gived me the TSB pads and what do I know they say they have sent me the TSB pads and so I emailed back to them and ask if they can sent me the new version pads/rotor. Today I receive an email from them asking me to go to my dealer to do an TSB on the pads/rotor which I brought from them. I emailed them and saying I shouldn't have to go dealer for this since it your fault for senting me TSB parts. Now I'm waiting for their reply back. This my first time buying parts from this website. Right now all I can say is this website is so bad that they don't fix their mistake and tell me to go to dealer to get it fixed.
Old 12-14-15, 10:19 AM
vinnier6
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dude, if you are trying to get something done under tsb then you need to go to the dealership....

The pads aren't defective, they are a high performance compound and the by product of that is dust and more times then not noise....

The tsb is in place because enough people complained about it so as a curtesy Lexus is basically giving you a free brake service....
Old 12-14-15, 11:24 AM
richard203
Racer

Originally Posted by vinnier6
Dude, if you are trying to get something done under tsb then you need to go to the dealership....

The pads aren't defective, they are a high performance compound and the by product of that is dust and more times then not noise....

The tsb is in place because enough people complained about it so as a curtesy Lexus is basically giving you a free brake service....
Wth u talking about??? Did you even read wrote I wrote?? I brought the pads from the website which is the older version brake pads(produce squeal noise wheb braking), they trying to tell me to go dealer and ask the dealer to switch out the pads. When it's their fault for senting me the old version pads.
Old 12-14-15, 12:42 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

i am confused, did you specifically ask for tsb new type pads or did you just get new pads? if you asked for new pads but they gave you old ones sure. but if you didn't say anything specifically and they gave you the old pads, it's your problem.

i am confused because this is what you typed " I quickly emailed Mylparts and see if they gived me the TSB pads and what do I know they say they have sent me the TSB pads and so I emailed back to them and ask if they can sent me the new version pads/rotor", which contradicts what you just said

and no, they are not responsible for tsb issues, those are always taken care at dealership, it's always done that way, dealership has to perform the labor.

and btw, it's bought, not brought
Old 12-14-15, 12:47 PM
Beer4me
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From what I can gather, it sounds like he was expecting to have bought/shipped the TSB brake pads (hence newer part #) and rotors, but he instead was provided with the OEM pads/rotors (pre-TSB). So he's upset because he thought he was getting something else... I think it actually depends on what was advertised/being sold by that website, so until we know that, I don't know who is really at fault.
Old 12-14-15, 12:57 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,996 Likes on 1,418 Posts

No questions have been asked by the OP. I guess he just wants to vent.

I can't imagine the OP wants any of us to do anything about his situation?
Old 12-14-15, 12:58 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Beer4me
From what I can gather, it sounds like he was expecting to have bought/shipped the TSB brake pads (hence newer part #) and rotors, but he instead was provided with the OEM pads/rotors (pre-TSB). So he's upset because he thought he was getting something else... I think it actually depends on what was advertised/being sold by that website, so until we know that, I don't know who is really at fault.
agreed, it's still unclear to me. and as far as i know, there are basically two pads available, one regular one and one used for tsb (at least that's been the case in previous generations). i think they are two part numbers? i don't think they replaced the regular pads across the gs with tsb pads. so that can be another thing to check. maybe those who have done the tsb can see if any part numbers indicated in the paperwork
Old 12-14-15, 01:27 PM
richard203
Racer

ya im just trying to vent about the website cause they give me the pre tsb parts and then they trying not to fix the problem, and tell me to go to dealership to change out the parts with the dealer which is their fault for giving me the pre tsb part.

I just want to know is the pre tsb brake pads makes the squeal noise when braking at low speed? and the newer brake pads doesnt make any noise at low speed? this my 3rd set of brake pads and only this time it makes the squeal noise. my 2nd set of pads i brought from dealership.
Old 12-14-15, 02:14 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

Shouldn't they just be selling the new parts and get rid of the old ones if they have problems with them?

The consumers shouldn't be the one telling them to give us the new part. How are we suppose to know the part number for the new pads? Especially those that aren't on CL.

I'm not just talking about one dealer but all of them should update their inventory with the new pads and if I walk in there and buy a set and get the old one that's having problem then I'd be pissed too.

Last edited by ItzFilyO; 12-14-15 at 02:17 PM.
Old 12-14-15, 02:36 PM
richard203
Racer

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
Shouldn't they just be selling the new parts and get rid of the old ones if they have problems with them?

The consumers shouldn't be the one telling them to give us the new part. How are we suppose to know the part number for the new pads? Especially those that aren't on CL.

I'm not just talking about one dealer but all of them should update their inventory with the new pads and if I walk in there and buy a set and get the old one that's having problem then I'd be pissed too.
That's what I'm saying now they telling me to go dealer to switch it out that's why I'm venting. They shouldn't have sold me the old part so they can get rid of it.
Old 12-14-15, 03:01 PM
vinnier6
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Since it's a tsb, and not a recall the parts were not defective as not everyone experienced the issues of the tsb...

If the you are having an issue and you think the tsb is the fix for you then go to the dealership and see if they can resolve it for you under the tsb....that's how it works...the stuff they sold you isn't defective
Old 12-14-15, 03:44 PM
richard203
Racer

K so they not going to do anything and say it's not their problem unless the part failed in their dealer, and say I might install wrong or stuff got inside that contribute to the squeal. But they said the pads are in the tsb part which is why its making a squeal noise. I was wondering if calling lexus Corp do anything?
Old 12-14-15, 03:57 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by richard203
ya im just trying to vent about the website cause they give me the pre tsb parts and then they trying not to fix the problem, and tell me to go to dealership to change out the parts with the dealer which is their fault for giving me the pre tsb part.

I just want to know is the pre tsb brake pads makes the squeal noise when braking at low speed? and the newer brake pads doesnt make any noise at low speed? this my 3rd set of brake pads and only this time it makes the squeal noise. my 2nd set of pads i brought from dealership.
you haven't answered my post so i can only imagine you are still confused about how it works. if you just ordered generic gs350 pads, it could have gone either way and it's really nothing wrong on their side. like i said, i am still looking for answers on part number. if there are two separate part numbers for the two kinds of pads like how it was in the past, then there is no pre/post tsb pads.

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO

that's because it's not a recall. the non-squeaking pads are actually less aggressive so some people actually don't like them (they don't care as much on dust). again given past history, lexus ended u carrying two different pads, one is the regular (original) one and then there was a new less dusty ones.

and the "problem" is dust and noise, which are both characteristics of high performance brake pads (not always, but likely). if it's a real problem, then it would have been a recall not tsb.

the same thing can be the case if someone complains that the brakes are not as aggressive as before because dealership sold the less dusty version
Old 12-14-15, 04:07 PM
richard203
Racer

So there's two version of pads? I would rather have the dust one cuz the squeal is annoying. Any1 have the part number for the pads that have hella dust?
Old 12-14-15, 05:19 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by richard203
So there's two version of pads? I would rather have the dust one cuz the squeal is annoying. Any1 have the part number for the pads that have hella dust?
well like i said that's one thing i am not sure and i asked in my post if someone who has more inside on the tsb can provide more information. what i said was on the previous generation gs when there was complaints on dust.

Quick Reply: Mylparts give defective parts