GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Heated Seats 2013 GS350

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-15, 12:03 PM
SPORTS
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heated Seats 2013 GS350

I would like to know if I have perhaps missed a set up function for the heated / ventilated seats to be on automatically on the restart of the car. I recall reading a post that indicated this is available in 2014 models and not 2013. My 2015 NX has the function that allows me to turn off the car and whatever setting I left the seats on cooled or heated it will be there when I restart the car. I also don't like the fact that in the GS the seat heat / ventilated settings adjust on their own "once a certain temperature is reached'. I would like to have the car not control this. Is there anything that can be done to change this? I am considering a Viper auto start and would like the seats warm on our cold Canadian days when I get in the car. Otherwise, love the car. Appreciate any help.
Old 11-24-15, 12:13 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

You would need to have the dealer adjust that setting for you. Luckily when I had my 2013, it already was set to keep the ventilated seats on after I switched off the car. For the heated seats, I noticed that it will dial it down a bit after awhile, but I assumed it was to preserve the feature...? Alternatively, I think you can make changes through the Carista app, which would also require to purchase a device for the OBD port.
Old 11-24-15, 06:20 PM
obadea
Intermediate

Received 99 Likes on 36 Posts

If you have the luxury package, the seats will NOT RESUME. I've researched this to death, and the conclusion is the luxury package is a different part number and it will NOT Resume after restart. you can set it in auto vs. manual using the Carista app, but it will not resume. If you have the luxury package in ECO mode, they will turn on by themselves based on need.
Old 11-24-15, 07:03 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

The seats in the '13 F Sport do not automatically come on when you start the car either. As Dchar said, the dealer would have to adjust that for you.
Old 11-24-15, 07:06 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,990 Likes on 1,414 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2
The seats in the '13 F Sport do not automatically come on when you start the car either. As Dchar said, the dealer would have to adjust that for you.
I don't believe that is a LPS setting.
Old 11-25-15, 07:26 AM
sarmyth
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

This drove me crazy too. I suffered with this for a year and when I saw the 2014s had the option to disable this functionality I went ape and scoured the internet for any possible way to get it changed. The dealer claimed they didn't know how to adjust it, so I bought a techstream knockoff and found the setting. Its a very painful "feature."

Have the dealer change the setting or buy one of the techstream imitators or carista to change it yourself. If I remember correctly its in the climate control menu.
Old 11-25-15, 07:46 PM
SPORTS
Driver

Originally Posted by sarmyth
This drove me crazy too. I suffered with this for a year and when I saw the 2014s had the option to disable this functionality I went ape and scoured the internet for any possible way to get it changed. The dealer claimed they didn't know how to adjust it, so I bought a techstream knockoff and found the setting. Its a very painful "feature."

Have the dealer change the setting or buy one of the techstream imitators or carista to change it yourself. If I remember correctly its in the climate control menu.
Thank you all for the responses. Since mine is a Canadian Vehicle, the package I have is the Technology Plus Package which basically is the fully optioned version of a Non F Sport model. I will go to the local dealer and see what they can do. It would just be nice if I got the auto start that the seats could be on automatically. At the end of the day I will survive, but am curious as to why some of these functions are set up the way they are. It's great to have 3 settings for cooling and ventilation in the seats but I would like to have the car not make the decision for me as to when the level should change. As always thank you everybody for the input.
Old 11-25-15, 10:22 PM
jkeller
Advanced

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

You might think about getting the carista app, it plus the bluetooth android or wifi iOS adapter will be a lot cheaper than a trip to the dealer. I have it and it works easy, here a list of what it can do.

http://www.caristaapp.com/customizat...xus_gs350_2013
Old 11-26-15, 09:39 AM
SPORTS
Driver

Originally Posted by jkeller
You might think about getting the carista app, it plus the bluetooth android or wifi iOS adapter will be a lot cheaper than a trip to the dealer. I have it and it works easy, here a list of what it can do.

http://www.caristaapp.com/customizat...xus_gs350_2013
Thank you, I have looked into this before but not in detail. I will learn more about it and go from there.
Old 01-31-16, 12:58 PM
hziemba
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by obadea
If you have the luxury package, the seats will NOT RESUME. I've researched this to death, and the conclusion is the luxury package is a different part number and it will NOT Resume after restart. you can set it in auto vs. manual using the Carista app, but it will not resume. If you have the luxury package in ECO mode, they will turn on by themselves based on need.
Sorry for the late addition to this thread, but I just got around to seeing this message.

I have the 2013 GS350 with the luxury package, and I can assure you that the heated seats (front) always stay where I left them, ON (and the same level of heat) or OFF. My car was built late in 2012 - arrived at dealer on 12/15/2012, and I have not changed any of the personalized settings. From this, I assume my seat heater mode is set to MANUAL. I drive almost always in NORMAL mode. I understand that the behavior may include automatic shutoff, if you're in ECO mode, but I have no experience either way.

I have the Carista app (v1.1.0) on my iPhone, and the list of setting exported back in July via e-mail doesn't include the Heater & A/C settings. I don't recall seeing it in the app, but I may be wrong.
Old 01-31-16, 01:26 PM
fuddyduddy
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

It's not clear to me if you're referring to them staying where you left them 1) after you turn the car off and turn it back on, or 2) just when the car is on.

Originally Posted by hziemba
Sorry for the late addition to this thread, but I just got around to seeing this message.

I have the 2013 GS350 with the luxury package, and I can assure you that the heated seats (front) always stay where I left them, ON (and the same level of heat) or OFF. My car was built late in 2012 - arrived at dealer on 12/15/2012, and I have not changed any of the personalized settings. From this, I assume my seat heater mode is set to MANUAL. I drive almost always in NORMAL mode. I understand that the behavior may include automatic shutoff, if you're in ECO mode, but I have no experience either way.

I have the Carista app (v1.1.0) on my iPhone, and the list of setting exported back in July via e-mail doesn't include the Heater & A/C settings. I don't recall seeing it in the app, but I may be wrong.
Old 01-31-16, 01:34 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,990 Likes on 1,414 Posts

My 2013 GS 350 Premium retains the heated seat setting. In other words, I can set them to any position (number of lights) and turn Off the engine and lock the car, and when I return and Start the engine the heated seats will be exactly the same as they were when I last set them...
Old 01-31-16, 03:27 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,499 Likes on 1,802 Posts

That was not the case with my 2013 GS. The heated seats always defaulted to off on restart, and they would wind down as they were on.
Old 01-31-16, 03:38 PM
Davenlei
Advanced

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

My 2013 F Sport retains the last set position of heat or ventilation on both front seats when I shut off the car of and the setting remains when I start the car the next morning.
Old 01-31-16, 08:11 PM
hziemba
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fuddyduddy
It's not clear to me if you're referring to them staying where you left them 1) after you turn the car off and turn it back on, or 2) just when the car is on.
I'm referring to both; if I set the heat to max, it stays at max until I change it manually (no automatic reduction). If I shut off the car, it starts up with the position it had when the engine was shut off.

Quick Reply: Heated Seats 2013 GS350