Gps tracker

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-15, 08:18 PM
xRYD3Rx
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Gps tracker

Is there a GPS tracker in our cars?
Is Lexus/Toyota corporate able to track the vehicle.
Old 10-30-15, 05:07 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 613 Likes on 461 Posts

Originally Posted by xRYD3Rx
Is there a GPS tracker in our cars?
Is Lexus/Toyota corporate able to track the vehicle.
Yes, it has a gps for Enform safety connect. If an airbag goes off they're notified of the incident and car's location. Not sure if that still occurs if the subscription lapses, though.
Old 10-30-15, 10:19 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

I didn't renew my service.
Old 10-30-15, 11:14 AM
xRYD3Rx
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
I didn't renew my service.
Which service is this?
The one that comes free for 1 year ?
Also the reason for asking this question is because I want to change insurance and when filing out the paperwork it asked if car is equipped with a gps tracker.
Old 10-30-15, 01:03 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Which service is this?
The one that comes free for 1 year ?
Also the reason for asking this question is because I want to change insurance and when filing out the paperwork it asked if car is equipped with a gps tracker.
Yea the enform yearly subscription. I have this on my insurance but it only decreased it by $2 or something. Not that much.
Old 10-30-15, 01:11 PM
xRYD3Rx
Lead Lap

Yea the enform yearly subscription. I have this on my insurance but it only decreased it by $2 or something. Not that much.
I cancelled all the subscription a month later after picking up the car. My favorite feature was being able to remote start the car but that took awhile for the car to start and when you went to sit in the car the engine turned off doesn't make sense. + after the 1 year trial ends its like $150-200+ to renew if I'm not mistaking lol it should come free with a 60k car .

Hey bro by any chance do you have any knowledge regarding turning in the lease few months early and leasing a new lexus without having to pay extra or having payments carry over?

My maturity date is December 2016 for my 15 GS 350. Im thinking of upgrading to the 16/17 GS or if financial situation becomes great maybe upgrade to a LS instead.
Old 10-30-15, 03:15 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

I cancelled all the subscription a month later after picking up the car. My favorite feature was being able to remote start the car but that took awhile for the car to start and when you went to sit in the car the engine turned off doesn't make sense. + after the 1 year trial ends its like $150-200+ to renew if I'm not mistaking lol it should come free with a 60k car .

Hey bro by any chance do you have any knowledge regarding turning in the lease few months early and leasing a new lexus without having to pay extra or having payments carry over?

My maturity date is December 2016 for my 15 GS 350. Im thinking of upgrading to the 16/17 GS or if financial situation becomes great maybe upgrade to a LS instead.
Yea it was over $200 I think for the renewal and I don't need it.

Regarding turning lease early, sometimes TFS sends u a coupon with 3 months waiver and u can take it to a Toyo or Lexus dealer and trade it in early without any penalties, as long as u get another TFS/LFS car. They will also waive the $350 end of lease fee.

Now I don't know if they're doing that 3 months waiver on Lexus but on my Camrys they always do that when I'm near the end of my lease. If u go in without that coupon then u'll be rolling payments to the new lease.
Old 10-31-15, 09:34 AM
xRYD3Rx
Lead Lap

Yea it was over $200 I think for the renewal and I don't need it.

Regarding turning lease early, sometimes TFS sends u a coupon with 3 months waiver and u can take it to a Toyo or Lexus dealer and trade it in early without any penalties, as long as u get another TFS/LFS car. They will also waive the $350 end of lease fee.

Now I don't know if they're doing that 3 months waiver on Lexus but on my Camrys they always do that when I'm near the end of my lease. If u go in without that coupon then u'll be rolling payments to the new lease.
I hope they send me one of those waivers towards end of the lease. As I recall I remember the fleet manager that was working with me he told 2-3 before lease will end you will get a call or a letter in the mail to bring the car back and get a new one.

Also, the SOS button will it work if we press it since we have no subscription? Have you ever tried it lol.
Old 10-31-15, 10:03 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

I hope they send me one of those waivers towards end of the lease. As I recall I remember the fleet manager that was working with me he told 2-3 before lease will end you will get a call or a letter in the mail to bring the car back and get a new one.

Also, the SOS button will it work if we press it since we have no subscription? Have you ever tried it lol.
No that is the one thing I never touch in this car.
Old 10-31-15, 10:18 AM
ISterguy
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ahhh... Go ahead push it... For my used CPO purchase and the subscription expired ... I did and all it basically says is you are not connected to their system and registration is required.
Old 10-31-15, 12:19 PM
xRYD3Rx
Lead Lap

No that is the one thing I never touch in this car.
Push it bro you will be connected with one of the cute Lexus gals. (Hopefully )
Old 10-31-15, 12:20 PM
xRYD3Rx
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ISterguy
Ahhh... Go ahead push it... For my used CPO purchase and the subscription expired ... I did and all it basically says is you are not connected to their system and registration is required.
That's good then they aren't stalking me
Old 10-31-15, 01:10 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

the Lexus Enform is SOS feature is provided by Sirius/XM radio in case you guys weren't aware.

it is no different than the GM OnStar system..

now personally I like having the system active, I like the immediate response if you are in an accident, the gps tracking system if the car is stolen, or even broken into, you will get an alert on my phone anytime the car is accessed, and the road side assistance being that there is no spare in the vehicle.

These things are enough reason for me to have the service on my vehicles, it's peace of mind knowing my wife (or daughter when she starts driving) are protected if I can't get there in the event of something happening.

I've had OnStar active on all my Gm vehicles since 1999, and I will keep Enform active.

$16/mo. ($200 a year) is a couple of cups of Starbucks coffee, I think I can sacrifice for some peace of mind.
Old 10-31-15, 04:21 PM
xRYD3Rx
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mjeds
the Lexus Enform is SOS feature is provided by Sirius/XM radio in case you guys weren't aware.

it is no different than the GM OnStar system..

now personally I like having the system active, I like the immediate response if you are in an accident, the gps tracking system if the car is stolen, or even broken into, you will get an alert on my phone anytime the car is accessed, and the road side assistance being that there is no spare in the vehicle.

These things are enough reason for me to have the service on my vehicles, it's peace of mind knowing my wife (or daughter when she starts driving) are protected if I can't get there in the event of something happening.

I've had OnStar active on all my Gm vehicles since 1999, and I will keep Enform active.

$16/mo. ($200 a year) is a couple of cups of Starbucks coffee, I think I can sacrifice for some peace of mind.
SOS and Sirius XM/radio are too different thing they are both two different subscription.....
What does a xm radio have anything to do with a safety connect or gps tracker o.O

Last edited by xRYD3Rx; 10-31-15 at 04:24 PM.
Old 10-31-15, 06:50 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Yea they're 2 different subscription and road side assistance is another different service. U get that for 4 years free and u can just call the 1-800 number to get assistance, don't need the SOS button.

Quick Reply: Gps tracker