GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

New Owner of GS fsport who can't leave something stock!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-15, 11:14 PM
gs350guy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Owner of GS fsport who can't leave something stock!

well like the title says, i am a new owner here of a 2015 GS350 fsport. as a first time owner of a Lexus i like the car very much. though it does have bunch of unnecessary crap on it you really don't need. lol!

anywho i can never leave anything stock, even if this is the new daily driver!

so here it is

here are the parts i put on it

i just wanted a basic build for this daily nothing stupidly modified.

so i have been lurking around here for a few months just checking things out. i know a few on here were wondering if some of these parts people are using on their 13s and 14s if they would work on a 15 model. one was mainly the Tanabe nf210 springs. personally i did not see why they wouldn't work. but i like to take risks. anyhow they installed just fine on the 2015 and i must say the ride is pretty much like stock if you ask me. these are actually the first spring ever i have installed over the many years of messing around with cars where springs ride THAT GOOD! so two thumbs up to Tanabe! so bottom line is they improve the looks of the car AND it also improves handling for sure! with the stock wheels and tire they do not rub at all! however if you go with an aggressive offset aftermarket wheel it will rub the back fender a tad.

a few people told me i should have went coilovers but sorry to say... i have two cars with coilovers on them and personally i want a stock ride. lol!

as for install... i would say this install of these was a little harder then expected and for someone who does not have the right tools, i would recommend to get someone who knows what they are doing to do it.

for wheels i wanted something new on the market. so i went with the new Forged Yokohama AVS Model F50s. i also went with a forged wheel because i can't bare to put some huge cast heavy wheel on it regardless of how it looks on the car. just my personal preference. if anyone is wondering what these wheels weight, the front 20x9 wheels weight 21.5 lbs and the rear 20x10 weigh in at 22.5 lbs. very light for a 20 inch wheel! i love the way these look great detail and the finish is top notch! i bolted them down with a set of the newer KICs R40 Conix which i love to use since they have a built in conical washer on them so they don't mar the wheels. lastly i wanted a decent UHP tire so i went with a Falken 453. super quite tire and rides great for a daily driver.

the last part i put on the car was the Tanabe Strut Bar. this was super simple to install. you do have to take the hat covers off the struts and leave them off. i see not issue with leaving them off. many aftermarket companies that use these do not have any covers on them. also where i live there really isn't any bad weather so i do see any need for them. the units above the strut are sealed anyhow.

i also saw a few people on here asking if this bar hit the engine cover at all and some saying it did it the engine cover. IF you have it angled wrong it will hit. but the fix is simple. just adjust the bar and it will not hit. personally i cannot see anyone doing this incorrectly. it is easier to install then a battery. lol!

anyhow the next part which is coming in tomorrow is a lexon front lip. then the car should be done. again good enough for a daily driver!

cheers!

Last edited by gs350guy; 01-06-16 at 09:18 PM.
Old 10-21-15, 11:44 PM
rxonmymind
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very, very nice. Congrats on the purchase. Any anti roll bars upgrades in the future?
Old 10-21-15, 11:53 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 83 Likes on 55 Posts

Congrats on getting the GS! Nice wheels, car looks great!
Old 10-22-15, 03:26 AM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

Congrats on the car and I'm the same way man I can't leave anything stock. I see you went and got most of the items, any other plans for the GS. Also how are the lug nuts, do the caps stay in mine kept falling out.
Old 10-22-15, 06:10 AM
SSTG
Driver

That's how you introduce yourself to the forum!
Great job.

How hard was the spring install? Any special tools required besides a spring compressor?
Old 10-22-15, 06:37 AM
jonathanz
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

very nice, your car is AWD or RWD? i heard for AWD F-Sport there's issue if you're lowered.

also, the wheel alignment within specs?
Old 10-22-15, 07:46 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

Oh u will never be done.
Old 10-22-15, 10:07 AM
Prinny
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Where did you buy your strut bar and will it fit a 2013 GS450h too?
Old 10-22-15, 10:21 AM
NebulaGrey
Intermediate

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

nice! whats the offset on the wheels?
Old 10-22-15, 11:10 AM
gs350guy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by rxonmymind
Very, very nice. Congrats on the purchase. Any anti roll bars upgrades in the future?
Originally Posted by Sevn86
Congrats on getting the GS! Nice wheels, car looks great!

thanks guys. rx... at this time probably not. it doesn't look like it would be something i would want to do at this point. not to mention after looking at what needs to be done it looks like a PITA to do.

Originally Posted by bigblack06
Congrats on the car and I'm the same way man I can't leave anything stock. I see you went and got most of the items, any other plans for the GS. Also how are the lug nuts, do the caps stay in mine kept falling out.
probably not. i have a front lexon front lip coming in today. maybe a roof spoiler or trunk spoiler and fab up my own intake tube. but other then that this car needs to stay basically "stock".

as for lugs i do love them! i run the regular R40 on my other car. did you tighten then down with the key? i personally never had a problem BUT if you are just dab a tad of blue Loctite on it and it should be fine.

Originally Posted by SSTG
That's how you introduce yourself to the forum!
Great job.

How hard was the spring install? Any special tools required besides a spring compressor?
haa has thanks. the back is the hardest. i had two friends help me with it so that helped. the ball joints on the rear need to come off. at least it was easier that way. the front as well. using the right ball joint puller helped a lot! "bang" and one second it is off! we also used a portable air lift so that made things easier. also it did seem best when installing the front spring no the struts that you tighten them down then back them off again then tighten them down again. seems they need to be loaded for it to sit right. i saw a few people saying the front of their sat higher but this could be the case why. also it seems when you take apart everything on the front, everything will shift so if there is no load on the suspension i could see the reason why some peoples cars are higher in the front.

Originally Posted by jonathanz
very nice, your car is AWD or RWD? i heard for AWD F-Sport there's issue if you're lowered.

also, the wheel alignment within specs?
thanks! it is RWD. but i have a friend that is a tech that did an install on a AWD with these same Tanabe f210 springs and there is nothing wrong with it. i would say it is all internet hear say. this is one reason why i went with these just because of the recommendation.

the car was way off because of the removal of the ball joints and of course the lowering. the rear had major toe out and the fronts had major toe in. i could feel in while driving it right off the bat. BUT after the alignment shop all is well again. so no issues said the alignment shop.

again these spring don't drop it a ton just enough to give it that better look the then 4x4 look.

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
Oh u will never be done.
i hope not. lol! but i have four other un-driveable cars. this time i really don't need another one. lol

Originally Posted by Prinny
i got the springs and strut bar though a friend with connections. but you can get them i think at www.evasivemotorsports.com i did not see them up there (maybe i am no looking hard enough but i know they carry Tanabe.

Originally Posted by Prinny
PM me about this one.

Originally Posted by NebulaGrey
nice! whats the offset on the wheels?
thanks! rears are +35 IMO i think a +40 would be better but they don't make one in that wheel. they only have a +45 which i feel you would lose that concave look. BUT would probably clear very nice! the fronts are +40 which i feel you could probably get a +35 no problem but they only make a +32 in that wheel.

Last edited by gs350guy; 10-22-15 at 11:16 AM.
Old 10-22-15, 11:15 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Congrats on the GS, love the wheels.. Enjoy!!
Old 10-22-15, 12:21 PM
buckets
Pit Crew

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Looking good. Nice and clean
Old 10-22-15, 12:51 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

I wanna get 19x8.5 +35 Front and 19x9.5 +40 Rear.

U have +40 in the front and it clears the big front calipers right? I don't wanna drop mine though.
Old 10-22-15, 01:21 PM
akcao
Driver School Candidate

welcome to the lexus gang!
Old 10-22-15, 02:31 PM
islandbeef
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

Very good write-up and photos! Thanks for sharing. Your car being a daily driver and not a show car is refreshing, your mods are very tasteful and will serve as a benchmark for most of us.

Quick Reply: New Owner of GS fsport who can't leave something stock!