GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Quoted on some vinyl work. Need feedback on pricing

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-15, 06:44 PM
jarabanos
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Quoted on some vinyl work. Need feedback on pricing

First of all I will list what I want to have vinyled on my 4GS F-Sport and what I was quoted on:

1. ALL of the chrome trim (windows, front grill surround, rear chrome accent) wrapped gloss black
2. Center part of front bumper in between the top and bottom grilles, wrapped gloss black
3. Roof wrapped gloss black
4. Side mirrors (excluding the base of the mirror that connects it to the door) wrapped in carbon fiber.

I was quoted $960 installed and out he door for all of this.

Is this a good price? I have no idea what the ballpark is for his kind of work so hoping to get some feedback from people who have had similar work done.
Old 06-20-15, 07:27 AM
SSTG
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have a Vinyl shop here in St.Louis.
If we were to use 3M 1080 for the install we would be close to that price. There is a lot of tedious work that you have there.
Old 06-20-15, 10:31 AM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I was about to say that sounded outrageously high until I thought about the labor that would go into blacking out the chrome pieces. None of that is gonna be die cut and it's all special little shapes. You may be better off getting a few feet of the vinyl they use and doing alot of that tedious work yourself.
Old 06-20-15, 11:13 AM
xRYD3Rx
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not sure about prices but I would recommend calling couple of places and getting a quote and you will figure out what the ballpark is estimated at.
Old 06-20-15, 02:19 PM
jarabanos
Driver

Originally Posted by SSTG
We have a Vinyl shop here in St.Louis.
If we were to use 3M 1080 for the install we would be close to that price. There is a lot of tedious work that you have there.
Ok so the majority of this is labor costs then. I totally understand the tediousness of this request so it makes sense.

Originally Posted by Afrosheen
I was about to say that sounded outrageously high until I thought about the labor that would go into blacking out the chrome pieces. None of that is gonna be die cut and it's all special little shapes. You may be better off getting a few feet of the vinyl they use and doing alot of that tedious work yourself.
Yea I'm not experienced in this sort of thing and would rather pay someone who is to do it right the first time.

Originally Posted by xRYD3Rx
Not sure about prices but I would recommend calling couple of places and getting a quote and you will figure out what the ballpark is estimated at.
Definitely gonna shop around and good idea to narrow down pricing. In the end I want quality work so if a shop charges a little more to do a job and they are rated better than other more affordable shops I'll go with the guys who get the better rating.
Old 06-20-15, 04:40 PM
SSTG
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You definitely want a quality rated shop to do this. I promise you will hate it if it's not done properly, plus there will be a lot of cutting done on your car, you want someone that has wrapped a large quantity of vehicles and is good with this sort of work.
You will get what you pay for in this case.

I wish you well.

Seth
Old 06-20-15, 05:59 PM
jarabanos
Driver

Originally Posted by SSTG
You definitely want a quality rated shop to do this. I promise you will hate it if it's not done properly, plus there will be a lot of cutting done on your car, you want someone that has wrapped a large quantity of vehicles and is good with this sort of work.
You will get what you pay for in this case.

I wish you well.

Seth
Agree 100% and thank you!
Old 06-21-15, 05:58 PM
xRYD3Rx
Lead Lap

Which part of Cali are you?
I actually might be interested in some vinyl work as well.
Old 06-21-15, 06:57 PM
jarabanos
Driver

Originally Posted by xRYD3Rx
Which part of Cali are you?
I actually might be interested in some vinyl work as well.
San Fernando Valley (Burbank). The shop that quoted me was called Impressive Wrap in El Monte. Going to call around a few more top rated shops to get some other figures.
Old 06-22-15, 06:41 AM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

That is a little high not outrageously high but a little, I got my roof painted for $250, my front bumper and lower bumper for $200 I would think $780-800 would be a fair number. I suggest you call around.
Old 06-22-15, 10:02 AM
xRYD3Rx
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jarabanos
San Fernando Valley (Burbank). The shop that quoted me was called Impressive Wrap in El Monte. Going to call around a few more top rated shops to get some other figures.
I'm in the valley as well 5minute away from Burbank. Send me a message when you get a good quote.
Old 06-22-15, 10:19 AM
ModInJapan
Lexus Enthusiasts

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts

Impressive Wrap or Don Nguyen have proven to do great wrap jobs in the socal area! You should try contacting Don and see what his price is! (I got my 3is grille wrapped by him, great job)

-Josh
Old 06-22-15, 12:49 PM
jarabanos
Driver

Originally Posted by ModInJapan
Impressive Wrap or Don Nguyen have proven to do great wrap jobs in the socal area! You should try contacting Don and see what his price is! (I got my 3is grille wrapped by him, great job)

-Josh
Solid recommendation. He popped up in my initial Google search for installers but I wasn't able to find a lot of information on his company. Ended up taking a closer look after seeing your recommendation and found his website and looks like some top quality work!
Old 06-23-15, 01:37 AM
Rozay604
Lead Lap

Received 80 Likes on 50 Posts

Vinyl is cheap but the labor is where it hits. U live in so cal, definately call around as there's so many shops around. Also u pay for what u get. Don't go cheap you'll regret it
Old 06-23-15, 07:59 AM
dajael
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm looking for the exact same wrapping and I got a price $100 more than yours. Just FYI.

Quick Reply: Quoted on some vinyl work. Need feedback on pricing