GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Lexus Enform Software Update

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-15, 05:32 AM
da mayor
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lexus Enform Software Update

wasn't sure if anyone else got the e-mail for their 2015 Lexus Enform issue.

when i first bought the car I couldn't use the remote start function, it kept saying not connected.

now it's fine but I assume they found the issue

this was from the email:

Important Message Regarding Your Lexus Enform Remote Mobile App

Congratulations on the recent purchase of your 2015 Lexus! We hope you are enjoying your new Lexus and all it has to offer. As you are aware your vehicle includes the all new Lexus Enform Remote Mobile app, which allows you to control certain aspects of your Lexus vehicle, such as remotely starting and stopping your engine, locking and unlocking your doors, and helping to easily find your vehicle.

It has come to our attention some customers have experienced an error message when using the Remote Engine Start/Stop feature of the Remote Mobile app. When using this feature you may receive an "Unable to Process" error message that states the engine cannot be started because the charge level of the vehicle's battery is too low.
phone img
This error message was due to a software bug and not related to the vehicle's battery. Although you may not have experienced this error message, your vehicle does require a software update from your Lexus dealership in the event you have not already had this accomplished. Updating your software will ensure the Remote Engine Start/Stop feature works properly. To locate your nearest dealership please visit http://www.lexus.com/dealers.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. If you have any questions, please contact the Lexus Customer Assistance Center at 800-255-3987, Monday through Friday 5:00 am to 6:00 pm and Saturday 7:00 am to 4:00 pm Pacific Standard Time.

Thank you again for purchasing a new Lexus.
Old 04-30-15, 11:53 AM
djkidd
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by da mayor
wasn't sure if anyone else got the e-mail for their 2015 Lexus Enform issue.

when i first bought the car I couldn't use the remote start function, it kept saying not connected.

now it's fine but I assume they found the issue

this was from the email:

Important Message Regarding Your Lexus Enform Remote Mobile App

Congratulations on the recent purchase of your 2015 Lexus! We hope you are enjoying your new Lexus and all it has to offer. As you are aware your vehicle includes the all new Lexus Enform Remote Mobile app, which allows you to control certain aspects of your Lexus vehicle, such as remotely starting and stopping your engine, locking and unlocking your doors, and helping to easily find your vehicle.

It has come to our attention some customers have experienced an error message when using the Remote Engine Start/Stop feature of the Remote Mobile app. When using this feature you may receive an "Unable to Process" error message that states the engine cannot be started because the charge level of the vehicle's battery is too low.
phone img
This error message was due to a software bug and not related to the vehicle's battery. Although you may not have experienced this error message, your vehicle does require a software update from your Lexus dealership in the event you have not already had this accomplished. Updating your software will ensure the Remote Engine Start/Stop feature works properly. To locate your nearest dealership please visit http://www.lexus.com/dealers.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. If you have any questions, please contact the Lexus Customer Assistance Center at 800-255-3987, Monday through Friday 5:00 am to 6:00 pm and Saturday 7:00 am to 4:00 pm Pacific Standard Time.

Thank you again for purchasing a new Lexus.
I got that email too. My car is at the dealership getting the update. It's VERY quick to update it. Make sure you either show them the email or specifically mention to them that the update is for the REMOTE START SYSTEM, not the navigation. My service adviser and the shop foreman got confused when I told them there should be an update to the Enform system (they thought I meant navigation).

If they say they don't have the update, call the phone number in the email, select option 6 and let them know the situation. And call while you're still at the dealership so they can speak to the service adviser as well. Each dealership should have this update already, according to Lexus Customer Assistance.