GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Front Passenger Side - Annoying clickin' noise while braking

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-15, 05:31 PM
BkFromBava
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Passenger Side - Annoying clickin' noise while braking

'15 GS350 F-Sport. Had it for a month. There's a noticeable clicking noise coming from the front brakes as I apply the brake. Anyone else have/had this happen?
Old 04-02-15, 07:45 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

The only annoying clicking sound I heard when I owned my GS was from the passenger side seatbelt hitting the door. I just belted it even when there was no one in the car with me. Never heard any brake noises.
Old 04-03-15, 02:18 PM
hube
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have been getting knocking sounds from the right front. Dealer found nothing. Eventually the brakes were blamed by the dealer. Now that the car is lowered, the sound is more pronounced and happens mostly when driving on uneven surfaces.
Old 04-09-15, 09:08 AM
BkFromBava
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by hube
I have been getting knocking sounds from the right front. Dealer found nothing. Eventually the brakes were blamed by the dealer. Now that the car is lowered, the sound is more pronounced and happens mostly when driving on uneven surfaces.
Mine's lowered too. It seems to happen only when I lightly hit the brakes. Going to take the caliper apart and see if there's anything funky. Will report back.
Old 04-09-15, 09:48 AM
hypnotika
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does it sound like metal ticking?

I've had this issue for some time...took it into the dealership a few times. Was able to replicate it and dealership said brakes were making poor contact with rotors. Replaced the rotors for free and I don't THINK I hear it anymore. If anything, it's not as common/pronounced as it used to be. I used to be able to hear it backing up from my garage or turning into a parking spot. I believe there's an LSB out for this.
Old 04-09-15, 11:45 AM
mistatran
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by hypnotika
Does it sound like metal ticking?

I've had this issue for some time...took it into the dealership a few times. Was able to replicate it and dealership said brakes were making poor contact with rotors. Replaced the rotors for free and I don't THINK I hear it anymore. If anything, it's not as common/pronounced as it used to be. I used to be able to hear it backing up from my garage or turning into a parking spot. I believe there's an LSB out for this.
I had the same clicking noise from front passenger side as well. It was occurring when making left turns. I park in a parking garage at work so it was very noticeable in there. Took to dealership, they said it was something with the rotor so they replaced the rotor for free. Noise has gone away since.
Old 04-13-15, 03:19 PM
BkFromBava
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mistatran
I had the same clicking noise from front passenger side as well. It was occurring when making left turns. I park in a parking garage at work so it was very noticeable in there. Took to dealership, they said it was something with the rotor so they replaced the rotor for free. Noise has gone away since.
Thanks for that. I just wonder if the stealer will give me crap for having the card lowered and blame it on that instead.
Old 05-05-15, 02:50 PM
hypnotika
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The ticking noise is back for me. This will be the third time taking it to the dealership for this issue. Will bring it up when going in for my 30k service end of this month.
Old 09-07-15, 07:44 PM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

My car after 38K developed this light knocking / clicking noise when I apply the brakes gently. Does not happen every time though.

Seems like it is coming from the front right..... Did any of you find the problem ?