GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Appalling Lexus Dealer Experience

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-15, 02:32 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by bclexus
Dealerships, especially Lexus dealerships, do not normally make it a habit of disrespecting or upsetting customers. That is not how Lexus has grown to become #1 for many years. Just sayin'.
I agree that Lexus is #1 for customer satisfaction and service, that's why I'm shocked by the behavior of this dealer and sharing it with you all. I had a better experience when I was getting the first GS at this dealer with different salesman, and treated better by other dealers. That's why I still drive a Lexus and intend to get another one, just not from Lexus of Riverside.
Old 03-20-15, 02:33 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,995 Likes on 1,418 Posts

Since your father will be making the payments (for business reasons you say) why doesn't your father just buy the car in his company's name and let you drive it? That appears to be what is happening. I see no reason for your father to involve you with being a co-signer. You are not needed for any purpose that I see. Further, I cannot imagine your father's company's tax accountant wanting your name associated with a vehicle used in your father's business, or you as a co-signer on the paperwork. What purpose would that serve? What do you bring to the table in this matter - other than being given permission to drive the car? I'm confused...
Originally Posted by dchar
The car is leased so I can switch it out after a few years and won't have to worry about after warranty stuff. Also, they included me as a co-signer not only because I'm the main driver, but it also helps buildup my credit even more (more is always better ). I've been co-signer with many cars already with no additional problems or confusion.
Sorry, but it's just not making any sense to me. Something is amiss...
Old 03-20-15, 02:33 PM
maroonsky
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FastTags
They should uave give you a quote even without running the credit. They just playing games.
I went to Beverly Hills Lexus a few days ago and they gave me a quote based on the credit score I estimated. No running the credit, no filling out an application, just my word.
Old 03-20-15, 02:35 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Joeb427
Being a co-signer doesn't really help your credit.It lowers your credit score.

This whole situation is weird.
That's if you don't make your payments or pay late...it may lower it a couple points when they do a credit check, but it goes back up later.
Old 03-20-15, 02:36 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Being a co-signer doesn't really help your credit.It lowers your credit score.

This whole situation is weird.
Totally agree. Very weird indeed.
Old 03-20-15, 02:37 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by dchar
That's if you don't make your payments or pay late...it may lower it a couple points when they do a credit check, but it goes back up later.
If you're a co-signer,you're not the one making payments unless the person you co-signed for doesn't make the payments.
This whole situation is strange.Something isn't right.
Old 03-20-15, 02:42 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

I had my dad co-signed it for me cause my credit score isn't that great, nowhere near top tier but his is. All the payments come from my bank account straight to TFS.
Old 03-20-15, 02:42 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

I'm thinking there may be a good bit more to this story in which we are only getting the one side of.
I'm pretty sure I was right!

Last edited by bclexus; 03-20-15 at 02:47 PM.
Old 03-20-15, 02:45 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
I had my dad co-signed it for me cause my credit score isn't that great, nowhere near top tier but his is. All the payments come from my bank account straight to TFS.
That is the way it is supposed to work. He is covering for you 'in case' you fail to make payment, but you are making the payments. In his case - he's not making payments. It's all scrambled up and bizarre...and makes zero sense.
Old 03-20-15, 02:48 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

That is the way it is supposed to work. He is covering for you 'in case' you fail to make payment. But, you are making the payments. In his case - it's all scrambled up and bizarre...and makes zero sense.
He says both he and his father have very good credit.
Why the need for a co-signer?
In general, a score of 710 and above is considered Tier 1 Credit.
Old 03-20-15, 02:49 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

I pretty sure I was right!
As I already said, the previous cars that we've leased, it wasn't a problem and everything went smoothly. Nothing changed except the dealer's attitude.

But the co-signing thing is far from the point of the post. As a returning customer, I do not deserve to be treated like that.

Last edited by dchar; 03-20-15 at 02:53 PM.
Old 03-20-15, 02:53 PM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Totally agree. Very weird indeed.
It does help to build credit indeed, yes the first few month after the loan credit score goes down a few points, but in 4-5 month it goes back up and once the loan is finished the score does improve significantly. There is nothing weird about the situation, except him being treated like a second class citizen at the dealership.
Old 03-20-15, 03:00 PM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

I don't see it being a big deal having two people with good credit purchasing the vehicle for whatever reasons they might have.
It does help to build credit indeed, yes the first few month after the loan credit score goes down a few points, but in 4-5 month it goes back up and once the loan is finished the score does improve significantly. There is nothing weird about the situation, except him being treated like a second class citizen at the dealership.
Old 03-20-15, 03:02 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

A co-signed loan will still show up on your credit report as a debt you owe. If you apply for credit on your own, potential lenders will see and consider that debt when deciding whether to extend you more credit. The debt will also affect your ratio of credit available to credit used, which is a key factor credit bureaus consider when calculating your credit score.It has an effect on your credit score until the loan is paid.
Old 03-20-15, 03:23 PM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

A co-signed loan will still show up on your credit report as a debt you owe. If you apply for credit on your own, potential lenders will see and consider that debt when deciding whether to extend you more credit. The debt will also affect your ratio of credit available to credit used, which is a key factor credit bureaus consider when calculating your credit score.It has an effect on your credit score until the loan is paid.
i know that thays why i said the score maight go down at first but once the loan is satisfied it will go up quiet a bit and there is nothing wrong with that u less ofcourse you are in debt up to your eats and your credit to debt ratio is high, then it may hurt ur credit a lot at first untill st least 50-% is paid off

Quick Reply: Appalling Lexus Dealer Experience