Appalling Lexus Dealer Experience

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-15, 06:14 AM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

All good points, even the facts can be argued wheather they are facts indeed
Originally Posted by kerplunk38
The USA is litigation happy without a doubt. Dealerships are privately owned entities. They are not owned by Lexus. Dealerships need to protect their business and reputation just as we need to protect ourselves. The key here is there are ways of stating facts publicly in an intelligent way. That was my only advice.
Old 07-24-16, 02:45 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Just saw this post. I know it was from last year......

Back in 2013 when we were looking for a brand new LX570 to replace our aging LX470. ........ we visited that same dealer. We were not impressed.

Due to the very specific color, options, and etc., the exact LX570 was very rare at the time and no dealer in CA had one on their lot. That Lexus dealer located us one and flat bed it to its site from nearby dwaler out of state. The purching price was all negotiated via phone/email. I got a call from them telling me that the vehicle had arrived. So on the phone we made an appointment to see it 5 days later and with the intention of buying it. So we went 5 days later at the appointed time with the same salesman. On arrival, the vehicle was not ready bc it is stuck in the back storage so they will need to get some cars moved in order to get it out. So we waited about 40 minutes and finally the pulled the vehicle up front.

The brand new LX570 was full of dirt and dust exteriorly. When I opened the driver's side door and looked at the floor (beige) carpet and interior......there are two big black boots marks!!!! They had 5 days to fully prep the vehicle. wife was immediately turned off by this and turned around IMMEDIATELY without a word and went back to our old LX470 which was a lot 'cleaner". Then the salesman said he can have the vehicle cleaned and apply carpet protection and paint sealer on the outside at "COST". I had him explaining to me exactly what "COST" was. He proceeded to tell me $1200!!! So I said NO. He then lowered it to $800. I told him to forget it and I'm not buying anything here. So we drove off and continued our search. We eventually bought an LX570 about a month later in San Diego. BTW, San Diego was a much more pleasant experience! !!

One thing we as consumers must remember is that we are the ones with the money and we can buy it from any dealership! !!
Old 07-25-16, 08:10 AM
jdigga99
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bclexus
lmao classic...
Old 07-25-16, 09:02 PM
Cake
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bought my es350 here
Old 07-25-16, 09:38 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by Cake
Bought my es350 here
Good for you...hopefully you had a better experience.
Old 09-10-16, 08:18 AM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by dchar
I have given Lexus of Riverside 2 weeks to follow-up and apologize for my recent experience, yet no response from them. I think it is important to let you guys know about the practices of this dealer. It's a long story, so if you want the main reason for my disgust, move down to the third paragraph. Get a cup of coffee because it's a long one...

After ending my first GS ease and starting another one at the this dealer, I was unable to give good ratings on a survey for my salesman due to his rude attitude and lack of care to make the experience as easy as possible. I showed up at the dealer to get a quote, and they refused to give me one because I didn't have my co-signer present even though they already have our credit info. Then after some convincing they finally gave me quote that was much higher than my previous car. Cross shopped with dealers in LA which offered much better deals (several thousands less) for the same exact car (figures that people on the four were getting). Wanted to buy from local dealer due to perks, so I contacted them and they started slandering the other dealers. Then I told them that the other dealer has the car and I will go down to buy it there. They changed their tune immediately and said they will match it since they already traded with another dealer. When we arrived to the dealer, none of the paperwork was started even though they had most of our info on record. We waited for 3 hours, while salesman was on his phone, for them to finally get us into the finance office. When we got in, the finance person was confused and didn't know what was going on. Spent another hour signing paperwork. When we finally finished, the dealer had been closed and the salesman rushed us out the door without thanking us for our business. Buying a car should not take 4 hours, especially if the deal was already made.

Even though I wasn't able to give a good rating on the survey, I returned to the dealer again to purchase another Lexus (ES for the mom) in hopes of having a better experience with a different salesman. After haggling a bit, the salesman brought a copy of the survey and stated, "My manager says we cannot come any lower on the price due to your past survey. Your survey really hurt us so we need a way to make up for the loss." Punishing a customer for their survey is a low blow. No follow-up was made after they received the survey to find out reasons for mediocre ratings. As I let the salesman know about my disappointment and disgust, the sales general manager (Mark Marchant) finally came out and started yelling and lecturing me. "Young man, you wouldn't be driving your GS if it wasn't for me and your salesman. How can you give us a bad survey after we got you such a good deal? Your deal was one of the worst for my dealer. I trusted that you would give my salesman a good review and you didn't. My salesman lost his holiday bonus because of you and your survey. It seems like we can't please customers like you." He didn't allow me to explain before he told us to leave and stormed off. He seemed to be set on getting revenge and teaching me a lesson. When I got a quote from a different dealer that was a couple thousand less, on a similar car, he started slandering the other dealer saying that it was a trick and too good to be true. Went down to the other dealer and picked up the car for the deal I wanted. It is obvious that the sales GM had an agenda to rip us off by using the past survey as ammunition. When I brought my experience to the attention of the GM for the dealer, she ignored the email, and a different personnel at the dealer had to get a response over the incident for me. She told the personnel to tell me that she "did not agree with my statements and therefore we would need to agree to disagree." No follow-up, apology, or desire to investigate the situation. I have never encountered so many rude managers in my life. They treat their loyal, returning customers like trash after one little survey. Be careful what you say on their surveys because they are not anonymous and can be used against you when you try to be honest. Dealer does not represent the Lexus reputation for excellence. Other dealers provide more competitive pricing and better inventory. After 2 bad experiences and how they were handled I cannot recommend buying a car here. Customer service from the dealership is horrible. They are not honest and "play games" to make you pay more.

I'm not mad that they didn't give me a deal the third time, I'm mad about the reason and the attitude of the sales GM and the dealer GM. They could've just not go any lower and let me leave, but they wanted to harass me about the survey to make a point. Do you guys think what they did was right? Do I have the right to give an honest response on surveys? Do you guys think that I am at least entitled to an apology?

Sorry for the long rant, but I felt you guys should know about how Lexus of Riverside does business with loyal customers. I don't expect to receive any compensation, just a sincere apology.
look at it this way. If you berated your gf/wife/partner for cooking a lousy dinner, would she come to the bed lovingly?
Old 09-10-16, 08:54 AM
RA051823
Intermediate

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

What's the point of having a customer fill out a survey if they are not allowed to be truthful with their dealer experience? It totally undermines the validity of the survey, at which point the survey is now worthless.

I have zero tolerance for games being played by dealers. I'm surprised you went back, and even tried to purchase another car from them. We as consumers should vote with our wallets and avoid places like this. The internet has the resources available to give you an idea of which dealers are shady and which ones that aren't.

I wish you luck on getting your mom into a ES but you shouldn't have to put up with that! Make sure to let Lexus corporate know!