GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Appalling Lexus Dealer Experience

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-15, 12:40 PM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had a situation not too long ago, my friend ask me to help him buy a new Mercedes GLA. At that time there were only a few of them in any dealer. After the deal was made, my friend really wanted window tint, so he asked the manager and the GM said if he completes 100% survey then he can come the next day and get free tint. Long story short corporate find out about it and went ape**** on the dealer. they called my friend and told him he is not getting any tint, even though the survey was already done. I have seen this a lot where dealer would offer freebies like tint, free gas, and other thing for the survey!
Old 03-20-15, 12:45 PM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by bclexus
Mind me asking why you need a co-signer?
And you can always buy a car from any dealer from any state. There is no need to fly there. After the deal is done they will ship you Te car for extra $300-500, in some cases they may even throw that for free or as part of the deal. I have seen this done in the past and don't get why people only deal with locals!
Old 03-20-15, 12:53 PM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

To the OP:
That just stupid. How old are you? Why were they treating you like crap??? It seems like as if they just took advantage of you over and over and when they realizes that they can go further they Keats on going!

Last edited by FastTags; 03-20-15 at 12:57 PM.
Old 03-20-15, 12:57 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

You might think that I needed a co-signer due to bad credit or something, but I actually I have top-tier credit. My father is the one making the payments for business reasons, so he needs to co-sign with me.
Old 03-20-15, 01:20 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,994 Likes on 1,417 Posts

I'm thinking there may be a good bit more to this story in which we are only getting the one side of. I'll save any further thoughts...
Old 03-20-15, 01:46 PM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

I'm thinking there may be a good bit more to this story in which we are only getting the one side of. I'll save any further thoughts...
Possible, it makes no sense to ask for a co signer just to get a quote... Huh say what. They ask for co signer when the contract is ready to be signed or just before for the credit application. Normally you won't have a coroner with a good credit unless you want to have one.
Old 03-20-15, 01:48 PM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

Wait, so is the car for him? If the car is for him and his credit is bad, the. Yeah they will ask for a cosigner.

Usually GMB get treated like crap.
Old 03-20-15, 01:52 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Even if you think there is more to the story (which there isn't), I'm sure you see my point that no customer should be treated like that, especially at a Lexus dealer.
Old 03-20-15, 01:54 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by FastTags
Wait, so is the car for him? If the car is for him and his credit is bad, the. Yeah they will ask for a cosigner.

Usually GMB get treated like crap.
No, the car was for me, and my father has even better credit than me. So there should be no problem working with 2 customers with top-tier credit. We even leased my previous GS with them and experienced no problems.
Old 03-20-15, 02:05 PM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by dchar
No, the car was for me, and my father has even better credit than me. So there should be no problem working with 2 customers with top-tier credit. We even leased my previous GS with them and experienced no problems.
Then I see no reason why they wouldn't gove you a quote and why the heck they asked to wait for cosigner. Smells fishy, or just weird. I would def call the corporate and complain. You have nothing to gain since you already purchased the car.
Old 03-20-15, 02:10 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

You might think that I needed a co-signer due to bad credit or something, but I actually I have top-tier credit. My father is the one making the payments for business reasons, so he needs to co-sign with me.
Since your father will be making the payments (for business reasons you say) why doesn't your father just buy the car in his company's name and let you drive it? That appears to be what is happening. I see no reason for your father to involve you with being a co-signer. You are not needed for any purpose that I see. Further, I cannot imagine your father's company's tax accountant wanting your name associated with a vehicle used in your father's business, or you as a co-signer on the paperwork. What purpose would that serve? What do you bring to the table in this matter - other than being given permission to drive the car? I'm confused...

Last edited by bclexus; 03-20-15 at 02:15 PM.
Old 03-20-15, 02:14 PM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

Since your father will be making the payments (for business reasons you say) why doesn't your father just buy the car in his company's name and let you drive it? That appears to be what is happening. I see no reason for your father to involve you with being a co-signer. You are not needed for any purpose that I see. Further, I cannot imagine your father's company's tax accountant wanting your name associated with a vehicle used in your father's business as a co-signer on the paperwork. What purpose would that serve? What do you bring to the table in this matter - other than being permission to drive the car? I'm confused...
I don't see how any of this matter, I can see how you might be interested knowing the details, but all and all it doesn't matter. He got disrespected at the dealers twice and I think he deserves to be treated better! Just my 02
Old 03-20-15, 02:18 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by FastTags
I don't see how any of this matter, I can see how you might be interested knowing the details, but all and all it doesn't matter. He got disrespected at the dealers twice and I think he deserves to be treated better! Just my 02
Dealerships, especially Lexus dealerships, do not normally make it a habit of disrespecting or upsetting customers. That is not how Lexus has grown to become #1 for many years. Just sayin'.
Old 03-20-15, 02:22 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Since your father will be making the payments (for business reasons you say) why doesn't your father just buy the car in his company's name and let you drive it? That appears to be what is happening. I see no reason for your father to involve you with being a co-signer. You are not needed for any purpose that I see. Further, I cannot imagine your father's company's tax accountant wanting your name associated with a vehicle used in your father's business, or you as a co-signer on the paperwork. What purpose would that serve? What do you bring to the table in this matter - other than being given permission to drive the car? I'm confused...
The car is leased so I can switch it out after a few years and won't have to worry about after warranty stuff. Also, they included me as a co-signer not only because I'm the main driver, but it also helps buildup my credit even more (more is always better ). I've been co-signer with many cars already with no additional problems or confusion. Also, we put my name just incase father decides to sell the business. Then I take over payments.

Last edited by dchar; 03-20-15 at 02:43 PM.
Old 03-20-15, 02:31 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

The car is leased so I can switch it out after a few years and won't have to worry about after warranty stuff. Also, they included me as a co-signer not only because I'm the main driver, but it also helps buildup my credit even more (more is always better ). I've been co-signer with many cars already with no additional problems or confusion.
Being a co-signer doesn't really help your credit.It lowers your credit score.

This whole situation is weird.

Quick Reply: Appalling Lexus Dealer Experience