GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

techstream

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-15, 10:11 AM
vietboix
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default techstream

I remember seeing a thread on here about a member showing a link for download a new techstream program. I have the cable already if someone can comment or pm where i can download it please let me know thanks.
Old 03-13-15, 11:03 AM
Dukeaudio
Intermediate

Received 80 Likes on 63 Posts

Search 'anybody-use-techstream-to-program-tpms-on-the-4gs'.
Keep us posted. I'm interested in doing the same since I doubt Carista will add this capability to their app.
Old 03-19-15, 03:15 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Dukeaudio
Search 'anybody-use-techstream-to-program-tpms-on-the-4gs'.
Keep us posted. I'm interested in doing the same since I doubt Carista will add this capability to their app.
What capability are you referring to? We already have the capability to make most changes to your LPS that Techstream can do. We can also read and reset all trouble codes that Techstream can do and display them with descriptions. We cannot yet code TPMS sensors (but it's in the plans) and we do not display real-time engine data (that's not in the plans as that's not the purpose of our app).
Old 03-19-15, 06:14 AM
Dukeaudio
Intermediate

Received 80 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Carista
What capability are you referring to? We already have the capability to make most changes to your LPS that Techstream can do. We can also read and reset all trouble codes that Techstream can do and display them with descriptions. We cannot yet code TPMS sensors (but it's in the plans) and we do not display real-time engine data (that's not in the plans as that's not the purpose of our app).
TPMS. Glad to hear its on your list. Your app would be in most demand for those of us who have a 'winter' wheel set...i'll be one of the first in 'line' once out of beta. Thanks for the update.
Old 03-19-15, 08:25 AM
wsykes
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vietboix
I remember seeing a thread on here about a member showing a link for download a new techstream program. I have the cable already if someone can comment or pm where i can download it please let me know thanks.
Check your PM. If you have any questions, you can PM me...
Old 04-29-15, 05:33 PM
Masters101
10th Gear

Default Carista is becoming the best Lexus App

Please get Tpms added, you will more than double your sales immediately.

When is your estimate for TPMS? December?

Keep up the good work.
Old 04-30-15, 05:04 AM
sarcoptic
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Personally I am huge fan of the ft86club forums
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35530
Old 04-30-15, 08:30 AM
gotink
Rookie

What is the big deal about the tpms ...Why isn't everyone one just getting them cloned ? Then there is now need to worry about it...
Old 04-30-15, 10:01 AM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by gotink
What is the big deal about the tpms ...Why isn't everyone one just getting them cloned ? Then there is now need to worry about it...
You still have to buy the blanks and send them to get cloned. Unless you have the tool that does it.
Old 08-24-17, 10:55 PM
whtgsr
10th Gear

Hi all,

Reviving this thread - I recently got the cable and followed the link (from Tundra forum) below regarding downloading and installing of the techstream app. Followed all the steps and everytime I connect the cable to my computer I get the "unable to connect" message. This might be a long shot but wanted to see if anyone here would be able to help. Thanks!
Old 08-25-17, 07:27 AM
DP03
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I've had Carista for a year now, and I'm coming up on my renewal. Maybe I'm missing something, but how do you update the Carista program? Is it done automatically through the app updates, or is a download needed? The reason I ask is I seem to be missing functions that other have for the same year ('13) such as seatbelt chime delete. So i was thinking I needed an update? Thanks.
Old 09-18-17, 07:00 PM
whtgsr
10th Gear

Do you currently or in the future have the capability to turn on / off the steering automatic retract feature?

thanks
Old 09-18-17, 07:27 PM
richard203
Racer

Received 118 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by whtgsr
Do you currently or in the future have the capability to turn on / off the steering automatic retract feature?

thanks
its in the car setting.
Old 09-18-17, 09:49 PM
Rozay604
Lead Lap

Received 80 Likes on 50 Posts

I like carista and I own the adaptor but I know for a fact that carista cannot release my NX e brake to service the brakes. Techstream will allow u to do it.
Old 09-21-17, 10:24 AM
er34
Instructor

Received 256 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by Rozay604
I like carista and I own the adaptor but I know for a fact that carista cannot release my NX e brake to service the brakes. Techstream will allow u to do it.
Why would you need techstream to do that? You can manually deactivate and release the electronic parking brake.

Quick Reply: techstream