GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Whats your favorite discovered feature?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-17, 06:15 AM
ThumbsUp
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I picked up my 2014 GS350 F Sport AWD on Saturday. As I drove to work this morning, the rising sun was beaming in thru the driver's window. I drop the sun visor and swing it to the door window. Not enough, I'll pull out the sun visor extension like the one on my trusty '98 ES300.

WHAT!!! No extension! How could Lexus cheap out like that? As I drove along cursing the accountants at Toyota for failing to authorize another $2 for usable sun visors, a thought occurred to me. Maybe, just maybe..... Ah YES!!!! The entire visor slides along the arm! Perfect!
The following 4 users liked this post by ThumbsUp:
dgpiii (03-29-17), itjustme (04-03-17), Spideyman1 (03-29-17), talltrini1 (10-19-17)
Old 03-29-17, 12:40 PM
dgpiii
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ThumbsUp
Ah YES!!!! The entire visor slides along the arm! Perfect!
​​​​​That was a new one for me! Love it!!
Old 04-01-17, 11:43 AM
tidalk
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I picked up my 2014 GS350 F Sport AWD on Saturday. As I drove to work this morning, the rising sun was beaming in thru the driver's window. I drop the sun visor and swing it to the door window. Not enough, I'll pull out the sun visor extension like the one on my trusty '98 ES300.

WHAT!!! No extension! How could Lexus cheap out like that? As I drove along cursing the accountants at Toyota for failing to authorize another $2 for usable sun visors, a thought occurred to me. Maybe, just maybe..... Ah YES!!!! The entire visor slides along the arm! Perfect!
Toyota/Lexus really think of the consumers in mind. My 750i had visors that were the size of a remote control... and didn't slide for nothing... I'd expect some luxury if buying a top of the line car, but that car fell short in that category for me.
Old 04-02-17, 09:01 AM
e60bmw
Instructor

Received 114 Likes on 100 Posts

Nice, I didn't know this was a feature until I read this. Tried it out yesterday, awesome.
Old 04-03-17, 01:24 PM
itjustme
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Driving an 05 Altima SL for well over 8 years 10 years, I got used to putting my sun glasses in the sun glasses compartment up above. I noticed that the GS 350 doesn't have this... Of all things I would have at least expected Lexus to include something many non-luxury cars do have :-(
Old 04-05-17, 06:38 PM
w4rjd
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default sunglass holder

Neither my GS or my wife's 5 series have it. Disappointing
Old 04-07-17, 10:13 AM
itjustme
Driver School Candidate

Also, anyone have any good ideas for wiring the 12v power since it's in the console? Having a hard time figuring out how to power my radar and dash cam without having a lot of wires running out of the console. Using a 12v power extender right now but no good place I can think of to actually mount it and I don't want to use velcro on the leather
Old 04-07-17, 11:40 AM
tejanp
Pit Crew

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by itjustme
Also, anyone have any good ideas for wiring the 12v power since it's in the console? Having a hard time figuring out how to power my radar and dash cam without having a lot of wires running out of the console. Using a 12v power extender right now but no good place I can think of to actually mount it and I don't want to use velcro on the leather
Hard wire it!

I hard wired mine to the fuse box like this:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...ding-wire.html

but some users have spliced into the over head console and hard wired into that.
Old 04-07-17, 12:21 PM
itjustme
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tejanp
Hard wire it!

I hard wired mine to the fuse box like this:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-...ding-wire.html

but some users have spliced into the over head console and hard wired into that.
Can you hardwire multiple items to fuses though? like 1 for the radar and 1 for the dashcam?
Old 04-08-17, 09:51 AM
TheWizard
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by itjustme
Can you hardwire multiple items to fuses though? like 1 for the radar and 1 for the dashcam?
Most definitely. Those are low draw items.

If you do a mirror mount, I believe you can get power for the radar detector right at the mirror. Then all you need to hardwire is the dashcam.
Old 05-02-17, 12:21 PM
dwayne4lex
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I just noticed yesterday that the stitching on the leather seats are brown. I have Flaxen interior so the brown stitching looks really good.
Old 05-02-17, 01:31 PM
TrevorTran
Driver

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

I noticed a few days ago that my '13 F Sport has heated side mirrors! Looking closely at the radio console, I saw the icon for heated side mirrors along with the heated back window. I have never used that button before since California is always sunny, but will try it when it gets cold!
Old 05-02-17, 02:12 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Originally Posted by TrevorTran
I noticed a few days ago that my '13 F Sport has heated side mirrors! Looking closely at the radio console, I saw the icon for heated side mirrors along with the heated back window. I have never used that button before since California is always sunny, but will try it when it gets cold!
The heated mirrors work really well in the rain. They do a good job of keeping the water off. That's how I use mine, anyway.
The following users liked this post:
TrevorTran (05-03-17)
Old 05-25-17, 07:05 AM
spiveyb
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I just noticed on my 15, that while I'm listening to the radio I can rewind up to 15 mins! It's like a neat dvr feature. I wish it had it on Sat radio as well.
The following users liked this post:
erg153 (12-15-23)
Old 06-01-17, 11:48 AM
kiddough
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Intuitive Park Assist

I have a tight squeeze in the garage everyday

Quick Reply: Whats your favorite discovered feature?