GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Changing the door welcome courtesy light.

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-15, 11:00 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,002 Likes on 1,423 Posts

Originally Posted by PirelliGS
I got it from the link you provided, my helpful friend
I received an email today from the source that most people here (including myself) have used to order their Lexus Under Door Welcome Courtesy Lights that are discussed and displayed in this thread. The company (First Auto LED, Inc. / formally BMWLED on eBay) is no longer offering their products for sale on eBay, but continues to offer their products through numerous sources and venues as noted in the letter below. I just wanted to let people know about this change by adding this informational post in hopes it will help our members.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

March 19, 2015

Hello sir/ma’am,

This is Michael Albayati the CEO at First Auto LED, Inc. (BMWLED Previously).

We would like to inform you that First Auto LED, Inc. has shut down its eBay store, and will no longer offer their products on eBay.com. It’ll be offering its products at the physical shop located at 695 N 2nd St, El Cajon, CA 92021 and website www.FirstAutoLED.com, then it’ll sponsor bimmerfest and m5board forums, and offer its product on www.newegg.com, www.amazon.com in about a month. Our 30days Free Return Policy is still and will always be available for our clients and the one year warranty as well.

We do apologize regarding any inconvenience and we do appreciate your support and understanding.

Please leave a review of the product you’ve received at the product link at www.FirstAutoLED.com.

If you have any questions and/or comments please don’t’ hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards,
Michael Albayati

First Auto LED, Inc. website: www.FirstAutoLED.com

Instagram: First_Auto_LED

Facebook: bmwled

Physical Address:
695 N 2nd St
El Cajon, CA92021

Office: (619)387-3387
Cell (Text Only) : (619)792-2872

Last edited by bclexus; 03-19-15 at 11:18 AM.
Old 10-16-15, 05:18 PM
dajael
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bump for an awesome (inexpensive and super easy) mod! I get compliments ALL THE FREAKING TIME on my custom courtesy lights. The only down side is, it will make you want to valet all the time!

Peace,
Jason
Old 10-16-15, 07:43 PM
puffdaddy
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I am interested in these, but the site posted above didn't list them. Any suggestions??
Old 10-16-15, 10:42 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts

Wish I had found this thread prior to ordering ijdmtoy courtesy lights.
Old 10-17-15, 09:40 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by puffdaddy
I am interested in these, but the site posted above didn't list them. Any suggestions??
THESE appear to have the exact same 'crisp' projector and looks just like what I originally bought from Michael Albayati at BMWLED/FirstAutoLED. They are the newer style without a circle around the entire projection. I believe they are one-in-the-same as what I have...

And
THESE THESE
appear to be the old style with a circle around the entire projection.

And
THESE THESE
, which also have a circle around the entire projection.

Last edited by bclexus; 10-17-15 at 10:56 AM.
Old 10-17-15, 10:05 AM
99alta
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dajael
Bump for an awesome (inexpensive and super easy) mod! I get compliments ALL THE FREAKING TIME on my custom courtesy lights. The only down side is, it will make you want to valet all the time!

Peace,
Jason
Yup, went out for supper last night and our whole group was checking out the new car. Saying how great it looked yadda yadda. Then someone noticed the Lexus Logo on the ground, well you'd swear it was the nicest thing about the car LOL
I have to admit for the price of admission it is a very cool mod.!
Old 10-17-15, 10:45 AM
puffdaddy
Driver

Originally Posted by bclexus
THESE appear to have the exact same 'crisp' projector and looks just like what I originally bought from Michael Albayati at BMWLED/FirstAutoLED. I believe they are one-in-the-same...

And THESE appear to be exactly the same as well.

And THESE.
Thanks bclexus! I ordered the first ones off eBay (the last two has circles around them, which I didn't like).
PS, haven't been on here long, but from what I have read you are the most helpful poster on the 4GS forum
Old 10-17-15, 10:51 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks bclexus! I ordered the first ones off eBay (the last two has circles around them, which I didn't like).
PS, haven't been on here long, but from what I have read you are the most helpful poster on the 4GS forum
Thanks puffdaddy for the kind words. Enjoy!
Old 10-17-15, 11:36 AM
cmdace18
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have my eyes on the ebay ones too. Can you please post back here with pics and a quick review when installed? Thanks!
Old 10-17-15, 03:19 PM
puffdaddy
Driver

Originally Posted by cmdace18
I have my eyes on the ebay ones too. Can you please post back here with pics and a quick review when installed? Thanks!

Will do. They said estimated arrival date was next Saturday.....
Old 10-17-15, 09:31 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Look forward to seeing your review and them installed puffdaddy.
Old 10-18-15, 10:18 AM
trdblackis
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

now i have to get it lol
Old 10-18-15, 10:22 PM
Prinny
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Funny that this got bumped. It was actually the first mod that I did on the car lol.

Bought two sets of these. They work fine and look great

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291344327626?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
The only issue is that for the rear doors.. the courtesy lights are facing a different angle so it'll be a bit distorted when projected to the ground. You also may have to move the project a little bit in order for the whole projection to be shown on the ground. You'll know what I mean once you get them and install them.
Old 10-19-15, 05:46 AM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Prinny
Funny that this got bumped. It was actually the first mod that I did on the car lol.

2XLASER LED Car Door Ghost Shadow Welcome Projector Lights Lexus LX RX GS GX LS | eBay

The only issue is that for the rear doors.. the courtesy lights are facing a different angle so it'll be a bit distorted when projected to the ground. You also may have to move the project a little bit in order for the whole projection to be shown on the ground. You'll know what I mean once you get them and install them.
So you have the ones that you linked above? Do you like them with the circle around the Lexus logo and word or if you could reorder, would you get the ones without the circle?
Old 10-19-15, 06:50 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Prinny

2XLASER LED Car Door Ghost Shadow Welcome Projector Lights Lexus LX RX GS GX LS | eBay

They are not designed to use on the rear door, only the front doors. You only need one pair...

Quick Reply: Changing the door welcome courtesy light.