GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

2015 GS 350 Availabilty

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-15, 08:00 PM
CEOEngr
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2015 GS 350 Availabilty

I talked to a sales advisor at a Houston metro area dealership inquiring about an 2015 GS 350 for my wife; luxury package and a few other options with ML and navigation being a must. During the first 2 minutes of the conversation he made it very clear that GS 350 are hot sellers low volume production cars and very difficult to find in most dealers inventory. I find this quite difficult to believe. Is this a true statement or he is just blowing smoke. All inputs appreciated.
Old 01-07-15, 08:03 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,993 Likes on 1,416 Posts

Dallas area dealers (Dallas, Plano, Grapevine) have dozens of new GS 350s.
Old 01-07-15, 08:07 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

They're too new. There's nothing low volume or hot seller about them that I'm aware of. They were late to hit lots here in Texas to begin with so they just got under-supplied here.

Also since Lexus builds these cars "regionally" (the South/Southwest gets RWD and summer tires almost by default), if their production schedule is sending everything to the East Coast with 10,000 AWD models, RWD production gets shoved back.

Personally I think they might be easing up production as they transition to the mid-life refresh. They've made little tweaks from 2013 to the 2015 models but I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that the 2016 will be getting a refresh. The last thing they want is a pile of 2015's unrefreshed sitting on dealer lots this summer/fall. They already lowered base and luxury prices a few grand to move them faster.

Anyway, just some crappy logical speculation on my part. If someone from a Texas dealer wants to set the record straight, I'll put a plate of crow in the oven.
Old 01-07-15, 08:12 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Sewell Lexus in Dallas has over 50 2015 GS models listed in new inventory, so you may want to take a trip North my friend!
Old 01-07-15, 08:22 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Park Place is a gigantic dealer in Plano, but they only have 16 "normal" 2015 GS350's. Wonder what's going on, are they selling that many or have they choked back intake of them... For Sewell (much smaller dealer) to have 50, that's strange.
Old 01-07-15, 08:25 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Afrosheen
Park Place is a gigantic dealer in Plano, but they only have 16 "normal" 2015 GS350's. Wonder what's going on, are they selling that many or have they choked back intake of them... For Sewell (much smaller dealer) to have 50, that's strange.
I think Sewell is actually the largest in the Deep South. Check their website.
Old 01-07-15, 08:30 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Side story. I'll tell you why I don't deal with Park Place (other than the fact that I live in Dallas). I had an SC430 that got a dent in the door. My mother lives in Plano, so when visiting her I took the car to Park Place to have the dent removed. They removed it but returned the car filthy. When I asked why they didn't wash it they said "because you didn't purchase it here". I'm itching to trade in my '13 GS F Sport but it will not be with them.
Old 01-08-15, 12:38 AM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Guess you haven't seen their mammoth new lot opposite Classic BMW (cars and coffee spot) off the tollway. I think they bragged they're the largest Lexus dealer in NA now. Anyway, my service has been pretty good with them, sale went well even though the Internet guy had me haggle with numbers too much for my taste. I did have to apply some pressure to get my wheels refinished, but it got done. Maybe I'll check out Sewell next time, I know alot of people love them.
Old 01-08-15, 12:51 AM
ckelly14
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Perhaps he is talking about Luxury package. Sewell is the only place where I have actually seen more that one listed.
Old 01-08-15, 01:40 AM
CEOEngr
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am tempted to call dealers in DFW area and the name Sewell came to mind because of my past extremely positive experiences.
Old 01-08-15, 09:01 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 582 Likes on 401 Posts

Yeah Luxury packages and specific color packages can be harder to find, but there is definitely plenty of space to bargain on the price of the car
Old 01-08-15, 11:45 AM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by CEOEngr
I am tempted to call dealers in DFW area and the name Sewell came to mind because of my past extremely positive experiences.
Go for it. You can fly into DFW and maybe have the dealer come pick you up to skip cab fare. Drive your new luxury model home. Get in touch with the internet sales team at Sewell and put them to work, bounce prices off Park Place to chisel them if you can.
Old 01-08-15, 01:53 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,993 Likes on 1,416 Posts

Sewell Lexus -Dallas
Sewell Lexus - Fort Worth
Park Place Lexus - Plano
Park Place - Grapevine

Park Place · · · Couldn't resist!
Old 01-08-15, 05:39 PM
orbital517
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CEOEngr
I just went trough the same issue and ended up buying my new Lexus in Austin. All the houston dealerships (clear lake, sterling, westside, and north) tried using the same sales technique and wouldn't budge on price either. I ended up saving 2k for a 2hour drive to Austin. Well worth it!!!
Old 01-08-15, 06:53 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Guess you haven't seen their mammoth new lot opposite Classic BMW (cars and coffee spot) off the tollway. I think they bragged they're the largest Lexus dealer in NA now. Anyway, my service has been pretty good with them, sale went well even though the Internet guy had me haggle with numbers too much for my taste. I did have to apply some pressure to get my wheels refinished, but it got done. Maybe I'll check out Sewell next time, I know alot of people love them.
Yes, I have. It's quite impressive, especially compared to the tight quarters in their old location. My mother lives up in Plano and when I've gone to visit her I've been to their dealership a couple of times to see what they have on their lots. I've been trying to check out an Atomic Silver F Sport in person but haven't seen one yet. I did see one driving down Lemmon Avenue in Dallas, so I'm pretty sure it was coming from Sewell.

Quick Reply: 2015 GS 350 Availabilty