GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

PICS of 245/40/19 and 275/35/19's please!!

Old 12-09-14, 10:58 AM
Atomic350F
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default PICS of 245/40/19 and 275/35/19's please!!

I just got my 2015 GS350 F Sport and thinking about maybe upgrading the tires on my stock wheels right away in hopes to improve the ride, handling, and stance even further! I have seen many threads suggesting we can upsize the tires to the 245/40/19 front and 275/35/19 in the rear without any issues and this sounds about perfect to me… although I am searching I cant seem to find any pics of this combo..

It would be highly appreciated if you are running this setup on the stock F sport wheels and could post some pics for me, I’d love to see them! Also if you could share your thoughts on going with the Michelin Super Sport’s in this size over my brand new stock Dunlop Sport Maxx right away - are the benefits worth it or should I hold off until they wear out? How about any issues with the speedo, does this get thrown off by any slight change in diameter?

As a bonus, the tire shop said they would give me some cash back for my current tires with only 300 miles on them, making the purchase a bit more tempting.. so let’s see how it looks please!
Old 12-09-14, 11:37 AM
sick21
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Is your car RWD? I have a RWD and need a tire that's winter friendly. I'm not necessarily worried about snow, it's the low temps. So I'm in for some an advice too I might go with some 20"s but not sure yet.
Old 12-09-14, 12:42 PM
Atomic350F
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sick21
Is your car RWD? I have a RWD and need a tire that's winter friendly. I'm not necessarily worried about snow, it's the low temps. So I'm in for some an advice too I might go with some 20"s but not sure yet.
Mine is a RWD too, hence why I am sticking with the staggered setup - just increasing one tire size all around for a little more width for grip, and a dash more sidewall for the ride compliance. Oh yeah, and I think it'll look SWEET too! AWD's were not staggered from the factory, and have 19 x 8 wheels front and rear, and also run the same tire size all around.

For a fine winter tire if it were me, I'd probably be looking at the Michelin Primacy MXM4 or better yet the Pilot Sport A/S 3 for more high performance oriented actions in all sorts of weather. Depends what your looking to do and your budget, but from what you said you may want something in the "all-season" category it sounds like.

Lot's of pics all over this site with 20's and aftermarket wheels around here, but not a lot of stock wheels with larger tires... yet!?
Old 12-09-14, 12:45 PM
tknx
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seriously why would you need an a/s tire in NM or CA? Why not just go PSS or similar high performance?
Old 12-09-14, 12:53 PM
Voogru
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm considering the same setup when my stock tires go. I think it's 1% off or so, which from what I understand is okay.
Old 12-09-14, 01:41 PM
Atomic350F
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Voogru
I'm considering the same setup when my stock tires go. I think it's 1% off or so, which from what I understand is okay.
Seems to reason that you too would like to see some pics of this setup!

Hopefully some kindly forum brethren will reach out and appease this seemingly simple request .. or maybe they are all running 20's?!..
Old 12-09-14, 04:42 PM
sick21
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by tknx
Seriously why would you need an a/s tire in NM or CA?
SERIOUSLY?? Lol. Because New Mexico is hella colder than the majority of CA. I can't run a summer tire through winter, the highs in the winter are about 30 degrees and I live on the Colorado border. So... Seriously bruh?
Old 12-09-14, 04:47 PM
islandbeef
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

That Arctic curtain hit the middle states pretty hard. SoCal is the only region that hasn't felt it too much.

Hence, the high price of living and house prices.
Old 12-09-14, 06:27 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Was born in NM, believe it or not, it does get significant snow there (and there are mountains) during winter occasionally. Night time temps drop like a rock when you're in the desert also.
Old 12-10-14, 08:02 AM
Atomic350F
Pole Position

Dang CL, we are getting way off topic here guys... I dont mind chatting about the weather in New Mexico and all...

BUT can somebody, anybody out there please provide some pics of the tire combo I am hoping to see?!!!!

If you got a 4GS and are running them factory F Sport 19's wrapped up with 245/40/19 and 275/35/19's pleeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaseeee share some pics!!!
Old 12-10-14, 10:19 AM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

The Michelin Super Sport tires come in the sizes that are already on the car, why do you need to up the size? I had the Michelins mounted in my 2013 after the Potenzas needed replacing. They are a much better tire. I have the Dunlop Sport Maxx on my 2015 now and it's definitely not as good as the Michelins. They are louder and don't grip as well.
Old 12-10-14, 12:01 PM
Atomic350F
Pole Position

Originally Posted by dchar
The Michelin Super Sport tires come in the sizes that are already on the car, why do you need to up the size? I had the Michelins mounted in my 2013 after the Potenzas needed replacing. They are a much better tire. I have the Dunlop Sport Maxx on my 2015 now and it's definitely not as good as the Michelins. They are louder and don't grip as well.
Simple, Wider tires = more contact with the road = better handling, braking, cornering, and even acceleration. As a bonus, it also looks to fit the wheel better imo!

Some extra side wall would also help smooth out the ride a dash and absorb the rougher patches of road, and a offer a bit more protection against curb rash for a win/win/win/win.

Thanks for the input on the Super Sports brother, glad to hear they are notably superior! See how drastically tires affect the ride overall? The Super Sports also should give double the lifespan of the Dunlops to boot.. with a 30k mile warranty vs 15k mile expectancy, no mileage warranty at all.

I am thinking all this said maybe I will have to buy them just so I can post some pics and reviews myself since apparently no one runs this combo, or those that do dont have a camera - or are just not willing to help out a fellow forum member..
Old 12-10-14, 12:24 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by Atomic350F
Simple, Wider tires = more contact with the road = better handling, braking, cornering, and even acceleration. As a bonus, it also looks to fit the wheel better imo!

Some extra side wall would also help smooth out the ride a dash and absorb the rougher patches of road, and a offer a bit more protection against curb rash for a win/win/win/win.

Thanks for the input on the Super Sports brother, glad to hear they are notably superior! See how drastically tires affect the ride overall? The Super Sports also should give double the lifespan of the Dunlops to boot.. with a 30k mile warranty vs 15k mile expectancy, no mileage warranty at all.

I am thinking all this said maybe I will have to buy them just so I can post some pics and reviews myself since apparently no one runs this combo, or those that do dont have a camera - or are just not willing to help out a fellow forum member..
I see. The only negative I can see is the reducing of the already bad fuel economy, but it might not be that much. Definitely go for the Michelins. When I was changing the 2013, Michelins were on special and they were a few dollars cheaper than bridgestones and dunlops. The tire shop had to special order them due to the weird size. Not sure if that size is more available.
Old 12-10-14, 01:58 PM
sick21
Lexus Test Driver

Maybe someone will have some pics

Last edited by sick21; 12-10-14 at 02:02 PM.
Old 12-10-14, 02:17 PM
SlangBlade
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Atomic350F
Simple, Wider tires = more contact with the road = better handling, braking, cornering, and even acceleration.
Actually, given the same load, the contact area with the road will be the same. Wider tires change the slip angle though, as well as temperature dispersion.

That being said, I'll also be going 245/275 when I change my tires because it protects the rim if you're near a curb and because it just looks cooler.

To the OP, I'm sure many people have done it, they just aren't seeing this thread. I'd imagine that a lot of folks also haven't put enough miles on their car yet to warrant a tire change.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: PICS of 245/40/19 and 275/35/19's please!!