GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Front Bumper removal

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-14, 07:01 PM
KWATCH
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Front Bumper removal

I'm looking for a front bumper removal instruction.
Old 07-19-14, 08:54 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

Originally Posted by KWATCH
I'm looking for a front bumper removal instruction.
It's very easy, I've done it a couple times and I can do it in less than 5 mins now.

Open the hood

Take out the front covers that covers the radiator and air intake filter area. They're held by push clips. To remove them just push the center part of the clip and lift the cover. Do not lose them! They can easily be dropped into the engine bay and be lost in the dark forever.

After the covers are removed, remove the clips holding the bumper to the frame. Pry them open with a flat head screw driver.

Now look underneath the bumper and remove all the screws (10mm) that are holding the bottom part of the bumper. Remove all except the ones that are holding the splash guard in front of the wheels. There are 6 screws total if I remember correctly. One on each side of the bumper and the rest are in the middle

I'd recommend u take pictures of how the bumper is attached to the front black covers before removing cause it gets tricky when putting it back on later.

Now turn the wheels to the left and remove the little black clip in front of the wheel. Twist and pull.

Then separate the fender liner from the bumper hook. Pull the bumper slightly out and slide the fender liner out of the clip. This may take a little bit of force.

Then you'll see another 10mm screw on the top that's holding the bumper to the fender inside the fender liner. Take that out.

Do the same for the other side.

Then start pulling the bumper from the side until it unhooks form the car. This may need a little bit of force too. Keep an eye out when pulling the headlights area, u may need a flat-head screw driver to help it unhook. You'll see it when you're actually doing this.

Once it unhooks, lift the bumper up from the middle and the whole thing should come off like a mask. Just be careful not to damage the foam shock absorber in the process and watch out for the parking sensors and fog lights wires.

Put some mats or towel on the floor so u won't scratch your bumper when it sits on the floor.

Do the reverse process to reinstall the bumper.

I'd recommend u to take some pics before removing it so u know which clips and screws goes where and not end up with extra clips and screws..
Old 07-22-14, 07:10 AM
dougm213
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

There was a thread on this forum a few months ago which had diagrams.