GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

What's your plan after the 4GS?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-14, 05:43 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,499 Likes on 1,802 Posts
Default What's your plan after the 4GS?

I know a lot of the 4GS members are coming up on the end of 3 year leases. I'm about half way through mine, I usually trade 6 months early, so I've got roughly a year left. Certainly too soon to shop...but I figured it would be fun to see what the rest of you were thinking about doing next.

Me? I'm not sure. I might buy the GS, but probably not. I love the GS, so I could definitely see myself upgrading to a 2016 refresh model. Or...I'm seriously considering going for it and upgrading to an LS...which is really what I've always wanted. We'll see how the leases look a year from now.

Looking forward to the responses.

Last edited by SW17LS; 06-30-14 at 05:46 PM.
Old 06-30-14, 05:45 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

LS if I had a garage, but right now I've got a lustful eye on the RC. More realistically, maybe the Infiniti Eau Rouge (depending on price), upcoming GS-F, or the RC.
Old 06-30-14, 06:00 PM
moose66
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd like to see them bring back some type of convertible, besides the obvious IS-C. I had an '06 SC I should have kept. It was the wifes daily, and she wanted something with more gadgets,etc. That turned into an '10 IS-C, which eventually turned into the '14 IS.

I too have the LS as my dream car. I'm working my way up to one. Still can't wait to see the RC though.
Old 06-30-14, 06:39 PM
GSthe4th
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Funny you mention this as it has been on my mind for a few months. I am much farther out than you because I purchased mine. Once I pay it off I will wait 6 months to a year and then sell and step up.

My current options are:

5LS F
Audi S8 or RS7
M6 Gran Coupe

I love my GS, still have a few years left with it and will enjoy every minute. I am a big body, sporty and luxurious 4 door sedan guy. Must have room for family hauling in addition to the added performance.

Last edited by GSthe4th; 06-30-14 at 06:44 PM.
Old 06-30-14, 07:05 PM
ARISTOh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Tesla Model S for me.. - hopefully a 85+ But I plan on having the 4GS for 3/4yrs more
Old 06-30-14, 07:58 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

My GS F Sport is getting new Michelin Pilot Super Sports as I type this. Once that is done I'll hang onto her for another 6 months or so. I bought mine, not leased, so I can trade at any time. The car only has 16k miles, so I should be able to get a decent trade.

I actually prefer a smaller car. In fact, when my father passed he left me his 1-year old LS400, but it was too much of a boat for me so I sold it.

I took a '14 IS250 home today as a loaner. Although the materials feel a step down from the GS, the car sure carves the corners, and it isn't even an F Sport. I also like the tight, smaller driver's space because I carry one other passenger once or twice a week and that's it. The negative is that even in the non-F Sport trim, it feels more choppy on the roads because of the shorter wheelbase and it doesn't have the roar from the intake generator that I so love in the GS. I'm hoping the IS350 F Sport has this but I haven't driven one yet. The trade-off is it is much more nimble.

I'm really interested in the RC or NX and figured I could get a good preview of the materials and ride from the IS. I'm on the fence, but I may switch. I'm also waiting for the 2015 C Class to be introduced. All indications are that it will be a great car.

I would be interested in an A7 or Tesla, but they are even bigger than my GS and garage space is tight as is.
Old 06-30-14, 08:15 PM
georgee01
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not on a lease, but expect to drive my GSh for 4-5 years. Before i took delivery of the GSh, I test drove the Tesla Model S 85 and P85. It's hard to describe the power deliver in that vehicle, with max torque at 0 RPM. The 85 is plenty fast, the P85 is faster. There were 3 factors that tipped the scales to the GSh for me. The Model S gets over $100K pretty quick, a significant premium over the GSh. The lead time is still 2-3 months, depending on model. The charging infrastructure needs another year or so to build out on the routes I travel.
Old 06-30-14, 08:22 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

I'll probably stay with the GS line once my lease on this one is up (in 2-2.5 yrs) and just get a newer GS. I like the GS and I'm quite happy with it. LS is still light-years away from me. lol

Electric car isn't an option for me cause of charging issue, I got nowhere to plug it in.
Old 06-30-14, 09:50 PM
flippd
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2015 C class is up there on my test drive list. Also the Volvo V60.
Old 07-01-14, 03:05 AM
Neogenic
Driver

Waiting for 4RXH (or hopefully 4RXF) for practicality and AWD. I will wait for it to mature at least one year before I place any order. Never standing in a queue again for their first batch.
Old 07-01-14, 03:30 AM
bigblack06

Received 315 Likes on 219 Posts

Not a lease but I sure would like a GS-F I'm on the bend of looking at a 2015 in hopes I get everything I wanted. I also have dreams of the LS but it's to rich for my blood at the moment.
Old 07-01-14, 05:23 AM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by GSthe4th
Funny you mention this as it has been on my mind for a few months. I am much farther out than you because I purchased mine. Once I pay it off I will wait 6 months to a year and then sell and step up.

My current options are:

5LS F
Audi S8 or RS7
M6 Gran Coupe

I love my GS, still have a few years left with it and will enjoy every minute. I am a big body, sporty and luxurious 4 door sedan guy. Must have room for family hauling in addition to the added performance.
According to insiders on this forum, the new GS-F will have 600+ hp. It should be competitive to the German RS/AMG/M....
Old 07-01-14, 06:12 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Maybe an A6 next.
Old 07-01-14, 07:51 AM
BRJACKET
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had an Audi A6. To date, it was the most fun driving car I have had. Unfortunately, it also was the most service prone car. Nothing important but sensors were always going out and so I constantly had warning lights where nothing was wrong. The service people all knew me by name. I finally traded it in for my current (2007) LS 460. I have loved the LS460; it is like riding on air. However, my kids are grown and I seldom have more than my wife and myself in the car. I miss the sporty ride of the Audi. So, I am in the process of watching for a GS350 (I guess I am backwards form you all).

I worry that I will miss the LS460 but I can't justify spending the money on a new one. A used CPO GS350 will fit into my price range and I think will give me a great driving experience with the Lexus quality. I am hoping to get one around September. The question is to get a 2013 or 2014. Also, I am used to all the luxury features so I want the ML stereo, BSM, etc.
Old 07-01-14, 08:43 AM
Stinker
Driver School Candidate

I purchased my 2013 GS in Feb of 2012 (traded in my paid for 2010 GS350) and she now has 27k miles on her. I was blessed to be able to pay for her in full in Feb of this year. So I plan to drive her for another 4 years or so, save up and trade her in for the LS. Like others, the LS is my dream car. Hopefully, with a decent trade in and decent cash down, I can get the LS with a easily managable monthly payment.

Quick Reply: What's your plan after the 4GS?