What's your plan after the 4GS?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-14, 07:18 PM
GSthe4th
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Good taste friend
Thanks Hoovey. Honestly it was your future of Lexus thread that got me thinking of my next ride! From there research led me to those 4.
Old 07-01-14, 09:12 PM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I guess I'm also surprised by all the desire expressed here for the LS. Makes me want to go out and try one. Particularly after LexFather's excellent write up on how he came to his current LS, I would consider it. I'm in the stage with 3 kids in carseats though, so even the LS might feel tight.
*Full disclosure: I don't currently own a GS, but love the look and the ride.
Old 07-01-14, 09:34 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,522 Likes on 1,820 Posts

Everybody who likes Lexus should drive an LS just for the experience. Honestly no other Lexus is the same, you see glimmers of the LS in other Lexus cars. For instance my GS reminds me of the LS in the way it glides down the road at speed, it has a sure footed vault like feel. But...it's not the LS. The LS has just that little extra level of refinement in everything it does.
Old 07-01-14, 10:17 PM
LexFather

^^^ Agreed...if you can swing it, the LS F-sport is a great choice..it is by far the best car I have owned...

Old 07-02-14, 12:38 AM
Neogenic
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SW13GS
Everybody who likes Lexus should drive an LS just for the experience. Honestly no other Lexus is the same, you see glimmers of the LS in other Lexus cars. For instance my GS reminds me of the LS in the way it glides down the road at speed, it has a sure footed vault like feel. But...it's not the LS. The LS has just that little extra level of refinement in everything it does.
Agreed, LS is their capital piece!
Though there is one problem in driving one. It could change your perception thus ruining your gold sack.
Old 07-02-14, 05:17 AM
jjscsix
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

When the current LS came out I wanted one bad. I finally drove one a few weeks ago. It is a very nice car....unless you lean towards performance sedans. The car did absolutely nothing for me. My BMW 550 is a night and day better car for me and costs about the same. Before anyone bashes me, I repeat that I'm not knocking the car, just saying it's not for everyone. My 89 year old father would love it. He and my mom have a Cadillac DTS and Buick Lucerne.
Old 07-02-14, 06:26 AM
Neogenic
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jjscsix
When the current LS came out I wanted one bad. I finally drove one a few weeks ago. It is a very nice car....unless you lean towards performance sedans. The car did absolutely nothing for me. My BMW 550 is a night and day better car for me and costs about the same. Before anyone bashes me, I repeat that I'm not knocking the car, just saying it's not for everyone. My 89 year old father would love it. He and my mom have a Cadillac DTS and Buick Lucerne.
Nobody is going to bash you for this. I discarded it as well when I read its specs. You dont need to be a power driver to enjoy a car but its sure nice to have it when in need or in mood.
Old 07-02-14, 06:50 AM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Okay, I'm gonna go test drive LS F Sport. Got to see what all the fuss is about. Will report back.
Old 07-02-14, 08:39 AM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know a lot of the 4GS members are coming up on the end of 3 year leases. I'm about half way through mine, I usually trade 6 months early, so I've got roughly a year left. Certainly too soon to shop...but I figured it would be fun to see what the rest of you were thinking about doing next.

Me? I'm not sure. I might buy the GS, but probably not. I love the GS, so I could definitely see myself upgrading to a 2016 refresh model. Or...I'm seriously considering going for it and upgrading to an LS...which is really what I've always wanted. We'll see how the leases look a year from now.

Looking forward to the responses.
same here. I absolutely love the LS look, but F-Sport is just way to pricey for me. I know I can get it around $72-73, but still a lot of money.

Since I just got my 2014 GS350, In the near future I will keep an eye on the new GS or maybe even GS-F. Perhaps will keep a close eye on Audi and BMW as well.

Last edited by FastTags; 07-02-14 at 08:51 AM.
Old 07-02-14, 08:50 AM
LexRuger
Pole Position

Received 186 Likes on 117 Posts

Tesla Model S or the next gen 7 series depending on how it looks. Whatever it is, it's gotta be better than the last. You only live once.
Old 07-02-14, 10:14 AM
mso4
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I drove the LS, GS, and IS back to back at an event this past summer. The LS was sportier than I thought. Although the interior is not that much bigger than the GS. Coming from a GS, I thought the IS was a tad small but I'm sure I'll get use to it with enough seat time. At the moment the GS is 'just right'. The interior quality between the LS and the GS is not that much different. But the interior for the IS is a couple steps down. So while it's a nice car the LS seems to big and not sporty enough for me. Maybe a few more years down the road I might change my mind.

I have exactly one year left on the GS lease. I told my gf last week that starting july 1st my research for my next car begins. She said don't lie you've been looking at cars for the past few months already. I said yes but now it's official! lol

We don't have kids so my options are wide open so I'm considering all the coupes as well, BMW 4, A5, and RC depending how it looks in person. I'm thinking about a sportier sedan like the IS, A4, and even BMW 3 although I'm scared of their reliability records. I know warranties cover everything for the first few years but I hate taking time off from work or getting to know at the SA by first name basis.

The things that makes me hesitate to go for the coupes or the smaller sedans is that I think bigger cars (>3800 lbs) seem safer. But then again I'm sure there are a ton of other things I can do regardless of which car I drive that will make it safer on the road like not using cell while driving, focus etc...

The Tesla is a nice car but I have a problem spending over 60k for a car. Also I drive a lot and I don't have time to charge. Also if I were to spend that much money I probably go for the the M3/4 or the RCF.

Finally I missed my corvette so I'm thinking about the C7 corvette as well.

So as you can see I've got a lot of work to do. Let just say it's a good problem to have.

Last edited by mso4; 07-02-14 at 10:18 AM.
Old 07-02-14, 10:27 AM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mso4
I drove the LS, GS, and IS back to back at an event this past summer. The LS was sportier than I thought. Although the interior is not that much bigger than the GS. Coming from a GS, I thought the IS was a tad small but I'm sure I'll get use to it with enough seat time. At the moment the GS is 'just right'. The interior quality between the LS and the GS is not that much different. But the interior for the IS is a couple steps down. So while it's a nice car the LS seems to big and not sporty enough for me. Maybe a few more years down the road I might change my mind.

I have exactly one year left on the GS lease. I told my gf last week that starting july 1st my research for my next car begins. She said don't lie you've been looking at cars for the past few months already. I said yes but now it's official! lol

We don't have kids so my options are wide open so I'm considering all the coupes as well, BMW 4, A5, and RC depending how it looks in person. I'm thinking about a sportier sedan like the IS, A4, and even BMW 3 although I'm scared of their reliability records. I know warranties cover everything for the first few years but I hate taking time off from work or getting to know at the SA by first name basis.

The things that makes me hesitate to go for the coupes or the smaller sedans is that I think bigger cars (>3800 lbs) seem safer. But then again I'm sure there are a ton of other things I can do regardless of which car I drive that will make it safer on the road like not using cell while driving, focus etc...

The Tesla is a nice car but I have a problem spending over 60k for a car. Also I drive a lot and I don't have time to charge. Also if I were to spend that much money I probably go for the the M3/4 or the RCF.

Finally I missed my corvette so I'm thinking about the C7 corvette as well.

So as you can see I've got a lot of work to do. Let just say it's a good problem to have.
I really wanted a sporty car, looked at IS and put a deposit on the RC, then I realized that RC will be almost the same as the IS. The IS is just too small for me. I am not a big guy, 5'7", 160lb but IS is just tiny. I scratched both RC and IS, even though i really wanted the RC more than anything.

I also looked into the new C7 vette, but they would not let me test drive it. I told them I would not buy a car without a test drive. I went to a few other dealers to see if they would let me drive it, Nope, not even in the parking lot.

Last edited by FastTags; 07-02-14 at 10:49 AM.
Old 07-02-14, 11:11 AM
sam430
Lexus Champion

I might go for the LS refresh, not the first batch though...
Old 07-02-14, 11:34 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,522 Likes on 1,820 Posts

Originally Posted by mso4
IThe LS was sportier than I thought. Although the interior is not that much bigger than the GS.
Its a lot bigger. Not so much in the front, but in the rear. The LS is 10" longer than the GS, and while the stats would show the GS actually has more rear legroom, in reality thats just not the case. With my seat adjusted for my comfort in the LS I can cross my legs in the rear without touching the seatback in front of me...and thats not even the LWB model. In the GS just sitting normally my knees touch the seatback in front of me. Thats my major gripe about the GS. Front seat is great, no issues there (the GS luxury actually has better seats than the LS IMHO, better adjustments, etc), but the backseat ain't great.

I'm not sure how they measure rear legroom, but by edmunds measurements the GS has more rear legroom than the LS or my 2010 ES...but in reality thats not the case for either by a long shot. I suppose maybe its purely length of the rear passenger footboard to the front seat anchors or something?.
Old 07-02-14, 11:44 AM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

To me leg room, is the most important. When I say leg room, I specifically mean is this:

when you sitting down, how much space you have from the Door or Door handle to the Console on the right.

IS barely has any room in that direction, the Door handle is sticking out SO FAR to the right, that you cant move legs anywhere.

GS has plenty of room, so is LS.

LS materials are so much nicer then the GS. and Everything is in the LS is smooth, from opening doors to closing compartments. Its just one smooth car.

Quick Reply: What's your plan after the 4GS?