GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Possible to Get a Deal on Special Order!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-14, 09:34 AM
bigblack06

Received 315 Likes on 219 Posts
Default Possible to Get a Deal on Special Order!!

Like it says I'm just wondering if it is possible to get a deal on a special order GS. I'm planning to get a different GS in Dec most likely a 15' so just wondering if anyone has any experience getting a special order, at a good price. Thanks for your help.
Old 06-02-14, 10:54 AM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

when you say special order, you mean specially made to you requirements? Not traded from another dealership?

Dealer trades- deals do made, I did it and got a good deal.

On the 2015, and special order, forget about it.

Even if its not going to be a special order, for the fist 3-4 month you wont get much of a deal, because dealership dont get many new cars right away.
Old 06-02-14, 11:10 AM
jjscsix
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

Special order should have no effect on the deal. If they say it does, call around. But Lexus is not good at special orders. It can take a while and the dealer will resist.
Old 06-03-14, 06:03 AM
bigblack06

I'm open to getting from another dealer as that would probably work better since I'm looking at a RWD with DRS in the upper northeast. I can see the exact car in Florida that I want but mu dealer said that it would cost more.
Old 06-03-14, 06:41 AM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by bigblack06
I'm open to getting from another dealer as that would probably work better since I'm looking at a RWD with DRS in the upper northeast. I can see the exact car in Florida that I want but mu dealer said that it would cost more.
NOT 2015 THOUGH.

On the 2014, you can get a great deal if its a dealer trade.

Usually they charge $500 for transportation, but you can get a really good deal on the price. Read thru the thread bellow, HELP WITH LEASE there are prices of what people are paying.

My GS was a dealer trade, because they did not had the colo combo I wanted. on a $58,000 MSRP I got it for $51K with the rebate, I dont think the rebate is still available though, it was thru Jun2
Old 06-03-14, 06:54 AM
Dave Mac
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 63 Posts

My last lease was a special order in September for December delivery and the deal was what I asked for and dealer didn't care whether it was from inventory or special order. That was a change from past deals and may have been affected by a low inventory of new cars at that time of year. They used to really try to discourage special orders.

Dave Mac
Old 06-03-14, 08:42 AM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

Itas either a hit or miss, some dealers wont give you any break on a new model or on a special order, some wont care. Majority of deals on a special order are not as great as a stock car.
Old 06-03-14, 09:40 AM
puckhead85
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got a decent deal for my special order. I think that they did the deal because my family is a repeat customer (4 prior cars) and we also do a lot of our service with this dealer. My sales person said he was shocked that management did the deal but it worked out. (PS I purchased the car outright)
Why do you want to upgrade? GS F?
Old 06-03-14, 10:50 AM
bigblack06

I was thinking about waiting for the GS-F but I can see it being a crap load of money. I want to get something I enjoy and I really wanted certain options that I couldn't get because the car was so new and so the wait was crazy for a special order.
Old 06-03-14, 12:26 PM
LexFather

It is up to the dealer and the relationship you have. Dealers like to sell what they have in stock first. Also incentives for a 2015 when it first releases might not be as abundant (factory incentive support, residual changes, etc).
Old 06-05-14, 06:03 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,500 Likes on 1,803 Posts

Gonna be a VERY expensive upgrade, especially with your 2013 being modified. For essentially the same car. I'd wait for the refresh at least.
Old 06-05-14, 06:29 AM
moose66
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bigblack06
If you can get the car you want in FL and you can swing a good deal, why not fly and drive? Fly down to FL and complete the deal and drive the car home. I've done fly and drives several time. Yes, it is an extra expense for travel, etc. and miles on the car. But in the end you get what you want and you get to drive it home!

Of course you'd have to do something with your current ride. And this wouldn't really work if you were looking to trade it to the dealer you are buying from. But everyone is buying cars these days. So a quick sale would not be too hard to do. You might end up getting less cash. Just an option to think about.
Old 06-05-14, 10:33 AM
Newman154
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I knew exactly what I wanted in a 2014 GS and couldn't find it anywhere, so I shopped around the internet and found Lexus of Durham (North Carolina). I special ordered my car for $500 over invoice in late October 2014 and it arrived in February and was driven to my door in Atoka, TN, for no charge. Window sticker was right at $64,000 and I paid just over $60,500 and got the exact car I wanted. Peter Pecorney was my salesman. Google them and check them out, I was very happy with my experience.
Old 06-06-14, 03:33 AM
bigblack06

Originally Posted by moose66
If you can get the car you want in FL and you can swing a good deal, why not fly and drive? Fly down to FL and complete the deal and drive the car home. I've done fly and drives several time. Yes, it is an extra expense for travel, etc. and miles on the car. But in the end you get what you want and you get to drive it home!

Of course you'd have to do something with your current ride. And this wouldn't really work if you were looking to trade it to the dealer you are buying from. But everyone is buying cars these days. So a quick sale would not be too hard to do. You might end up getting less cash. Just an option to think about.
Thank you its not a problem just would rather my dealer work with me than do that now.

Originally Posted by Newman154
I knew exactly what I wanted in a 2014 GS and couldn't find it anywhere, so I shopped around the internet and found Lexus of Durham (North Carolina). I special ordered my car for $500 over invoice in late October 2014 and it arrived in February and was driven to my door in Atoka, TN, for no charge. Window sticker was right at $64,000 and I paid just over $60,500 and got the exact car I wanted. Peter Pecorney was my salesman. Google them and check them out, I was very happy with my experience.
Thanks I will look into him.
Old 06-06-14, 05:20 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Newman154

Lexus of Durham seems to have 3 F-Sports with HUD and rear wheel steering listed..

Pages 4-5

http://www.yourlexusdealer.com/yourl...delSubGroup=GS

Quick Reply: Possible to Get a Deal on Special Order!!