GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Seat Memory Illumination

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-14, 04:56 PM
tompass
Intermediate

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Seat Memory Illumination

Am I correct in assuming that the seat memory panel on passenger door is not illuminated?
Old 05-09-14, 05:10 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Yup. The driver and passenger memory buttons don't light up.
Old 05-09-14, 05:55 PM
tompass
Intermediate

Thanks. Sure would be helpful if they did. Would also be nice if settings for drivers could be associated with key fob.
Old 05-09-14, 06:26 PM
Nismo
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by tompass
Thanks. Sure would be helpful if they did. Would also be nice if settings for drivers could be associated with key fob.
I totally agree with the key fob association--my Honda does that and it's nice. To take it one step further, for the keyless fobs, when using the keyless entry feature the seat ought to be adjusted according to the setting of the fob closest to the door handle that just had its sensor activated to unlock the vehicle.

Now about that lighting, and just in case any Toyota/Lexus folks are reading, I really do appreciate it remaining unlit. My reasoning is that generally you only mess with those buttons while the car is parked, in which case the car's interior lights are either on (shortly after entering the vehicle) or where you can easily turn them on. I know there's probably 0.01% of the time where that's not the case; however, for the other 99.99% of the time, you are driving and frankly I prefer fewer distractions when driving, especially at night. It's a small thing, and isn't going to make or break anything, but I am totally ok with one less light inside my cabin while driving at night.
Old 05-09-14, 06:28 PM
DJRafu
Driver School Candidate

I thought you can, I forget the exact method but I think it goes something like you hold the unlock button on your key fob and press the corresponding memory button at the same time.
Old 05-09-14, 06:31 PM
tompass
Intermediate

I have to check that out.
Old 05-09-14, 06:34 PM
obadea
Intermediate

Received 99 Likes on 36 Posts

It can be associated with the key fob. Read the manual. It automatically adjusts when you unlock the door. It remembers all seat positions, mirrors and EVEN YOUR TEMPERATURE Settings. Really nice.
Old 05-09-14, 06:39 PM
tompass
Intermediate

Have had the car only a week but will read that section of the manual. Had remote start installed yesterday also.
Old 05-09-14, 09:02 PM
Nismo
Rookie

Originally Posted by obadea
It can be associated with the key fob. Read the manual. It automatically adjusts when you unlock the door. It remembers all seat positions, mirrors and EVEN YOUR TEMPERATURE Settings. Really nice.
Please don't make me read the manual!! My Honda just works.

Seriously, is there a way, because I just opened the car with my wife's fob (#2) and it still kept my (#1) setting. I then manually changed the setting to my wife's (#2) and tried it with my fob (#1) and it still didn't change the setting. BTW, I tried both ways of unlocking the doors each time, once with the button on the fob, the other with just opening the door. It didn't seem to matter because regardless, the car didn't move the seat.
Old 05-10-14, 06:56 AM
obadea
Intermediate

I'll look it up and post the instructions.
Old 05-10-14, 12:11 PM
obadea
Intermediate

Default Link Memory Seats to Remote

Originally Posted by obadea
I'll look it up and post the instructions.
1. Turn the engine switch to IGNITION ON mode and recall the position which you want to link.

2. While pressing the button to recall the position, press the driver’s door lock switch (either lock or unlock) until the signal beeps. The driving position is recalled when the driver’s door is unlocked
using the entry function or wireless remote control and the driver’s door is opened.
Attached Thumbnails Seat Memory Illumination-seats.png  
Old 05-10-14, 03:46 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,519 Likes on 1,817 Posts

Heres a question for those of you who have this set up. My wife and I both carry our keys all the time. If she gets to the passenger door first and unlocks it (meaning the car senses her key, not mine) will the setting change to her setting?

This is the main reason why I've never set this up. I figure it does, which would be annoying in this situation.
Old 05-10-14, 04:13 PM
obadea
Intermediate

By default the car will only adjust when you unlock the driver door. You can change that setting to adjust on any door.
Old 05-10-14, 04:18 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,519 Likes on 1,817 Posts

Hmm...I'll give it a try
Old 05-10-14, 07:07 PM
DaSyce
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Not true, first person to reach any door handle to unlock doors will get their setting.. I'm contemplating accidentally erasing the wife's setting.. Lol

Quick Reply: Seat Memory Illumination