fsportjay
Pit Crew

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

lol @islandbeef - good stuff.
Old 04-21-14, 06:54 AM
obturator
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dang, I need to read the fine print on valet ticket...
Old 04-21-14, 07:42 AM
oaklander
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

at the end of the day, its just a car. its not that serious.
Old 04-21-14, 08:22 AM
G-SharK
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I valet almost all the time, especially nice restaurants... I would ask to parked in the front and hand over a 10 or 20. take care of them and they will treat your car with care... 10 or 20 is cheaper than an insurance headache later...
Old 04-21-14, 08:32 AM
obturator
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oaklander, you are right--it's just a car and not the end of the world. But I would still be upset if valet tore the front lip off my brand new car. It doesn't matter if it was a Honda Civic or a GS. And I think you would be too if that happened to you. To say otherwise is pure denial. Maybe, as a former valet who didn't have enough respect for other people's car to drift them, you wouldn't understand. It's like a waiter spitting in someone's food. I would never do that no matter how rude the patron was. Somethings are just plain wrong.

Last edited by obturator; 04-21-14 at 08:46 AM.
Old 04-21-14, 08:41 AM
Rudiculous
Racer

Received 168 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by G-SharK
I valet almost all the time, especially nice restaurants... I would ask to parked in the front and hand over a 10 or 20. take care of them and they will treat your car with care... 10 or 20 is cheaper than an insurance headache later...
QFT

I used to valet and this definitely works. The nicer you are up front, the nicer the valet will be up front.
Old 04-21-14, 09:21 AM
G-SharK
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by obturator
Oaklander, you are right--it's just a car and not the end of the world. But I would still be upset if valet tore the front lip off my brand new car. It doesn't matter if it was a Honda Civic or a GS. And I think you would be too if that happened to you. To say otherwise is pure denial. Maybe, as a former valet who didn't have enough respect for other people's car to drift them, you wouldn't understand. It's like a waiter spitting in someone's food. I would never do that no matter how rude the patron was. Somethings are just plain wrong.
Agreed!
Old 04-21-14, 09:40 AM
oaklander
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by G-SharK
Agreed!
the other two were correct, just be upfront and be nice to the Valet, you get what you pay for.

And you get what you dish out. Like I said before, the bigger of an *** you are, the bigger the tire peels will be. I am safe to say that i'm a stand up guy, I was 19 when I was drifting cars.

Hands down i would be upset that they tore through the front lip. But guess what??? We all know that going into the valet parking so its not a big surprise.
Old 04-21-14, 09:46 AM
Kingkrs
Pole Position

the Lexus dealer "valet" parked my new IS-F after the 1k oil change and backed the rear passenger wheel on the curb giving it a real nice rash. They did fix it for me free of charge, but it just goes to show that no one is as careful with your car as you are.
Old 04-21-14, 11:14 AM
bigblack06

Received 315 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by fsportjay
i avoid valet parking like the plague - and im not modded yet. i do not like other people i don't know driving my car - being yours is lowered on 20's, and if they have no idea how to take a driveway with a car like yours or mis-judge a parking stop, i think it's a recipe for a scraped front bumper. just my .02
Same answer, after I saw that video of valet guys abusing a car I never valet again. Yes I'm lowered and on 20's
Old 04-21-14, 11:16 AM
AL13NV8D3R
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Lol well I have a friend who owns a 2011 Mercedes S550. He took his car to a nice restuarant and used the valet. Left the guy up front $20 tip but the restuarant did not have parking up front so they parked it in the back. When he left the restaurant did a look around and found no scratches.

Upon entering the car his wife commented that the car smelled funny. He thought nothing of it and drove home parked the car. Then he tried to lock the car but the car just beeped at him. Checked the back door and it was not closed properly. His S550 did not have soft close door feature. He opened to inspect rear seat and realized that the seats were greasy and found a freshly used condom laying on the rear passenger seat. Aparently the valet probably opend the rear door to check out the nice car and forgot to close it all the way. Someone got into that car and had a party. My friend spent the rest of the night cleaning and deorderizing his defiled car.

He never ever used the valet again. Even though the valet did not do anything wrong things still went terribly wrong.
Old 04-21-14, 01:11 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by AL13NV8D3R
Lol well I have a friend who owns a 2011 Mercedes S550. He took his car to a nice restuarant and used the valet. Left the guy up front $20 tip but the restuarant did not have parking up front so they parked it in the back. When he left the restaurant did a look around and found no scratches. Upon entering the car his wife commented that the car smelled funny. He thought nothing of it and drove home parked the car. Then he tried to lock the car but the car just beeped at him. Checked the back door and it was not closed properly. His S550 did not have soft close door feature. He opened to inspect rear seat and realized that the seats were greasy and found a freshly used condom laying on the rear passenger seat. Aparently the valet probably opend the rear door to check out the nice car and forgot to close it all the way. Someone got into that car and had a party. My friend spent the rest of the night cleaning and deorderizing his defiled car. He never ever used the valet again. Even though the valet did not do anything wrong things still went terribly wrong.
OH GOD.... :x
Old 04-21-14, 03:50 PM
bigblack06

Received 315 Likes on 219 Posts

At AL13NV8D3R that would probably make me change cars couldn't live we the thought of that. Oh yeah here is the video that keeps me from valet service.
Old 04-21-14, 04:40 PM
islandbeef
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

Last edited by islandbeef; 04-21-14 at 04:45 PM.
Old 04-21-14, 05:50 PM
oaklander
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bigblack06
At AL13NV8D3R that would probably make me change cars couldn't live we the thought of that. Oh yeah here is the video that keeps me from valet service.
Valet abuses cars in parking garage - YouTube
hahahaha, that is epic. Brings back memories. My favorite back then were the V12 BMW's.

yes I would still valet park my car.

Share the fun , why not !!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: lowered on 20s and valet parking