GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

RWD GS 350 in NJ/NY

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-14, 02:59 PM
SBM1206
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RWD GS 350 in NJ/NY

Is it possible to order (have not seen any in stock) a 2014 GS 350 RWD in NJ or NY?
If yes, how long is the wait and is it possible to get a good deal on a specially ordered car?
Thanks.
Old 04-08-14, 03:25 PM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

You will have to special order the car. Usually it's a 3 - 4 months wait time. You cannot get a good deal on a special order, most likely you will pay something close to MSRP. If you really want the RWD, do what I did in 2008. Take a trip to Georgia or Florida and just buy the car there. It will be faster and cheaper.
Old 04-08-14, 04:22 PM
johnnyk
Driver School Candidate

Not a good idea to get a rwd if you live in ny. unless you have another suv like car to drive during the snow season. Rwd is really bad in snow and icy roads. i have a rwd and it couldn't make it up a slight icy hill, it was almost embarrassing when a civic passed me and i was stuck. But i live in atlanta so i really don't have to worry about that most of the year. I lived in ny for over 20 years and i know how bad it gets.
Old 04-08-14, 04:44 PM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by johnnyk
Not a good idea to get a rwd if you live in ny. unless you have another suv like car to drive during the snow season. Rwd is really bad in snow and icy roads. i have a rwd and it couldn't make it up a slight icy hill, it was almost embarrassing when a civic passed me and i was stuck. But i live in atlanta so i really don't have to worry about that most of the year. I lived in ny for over 20 years and i know how bad it gets.
Not if you put winter tires on.
Old 04-08-14, 04:53 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I agree with SNiiP3R, but why would you want a RWD car in NY. I have AWD and some people here in GA wish they had one...
Old 04-08-14, 06:08 PM
SBM1206
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
I agree with SNiiP3R, but why would you want a RWD car in NY. I have AWD and some people here in GA wish they had one...
In short - RWD is lighter, handles better, has better brakes, 8-speed tranny should make it a little bit faster and more economical. Based on my previous experience with RWD BMWs, a car with a set of snow tires is better in snow than AWD with all seasons plus my wife has an SUV which I can use if I really need to go out on a snowy day.
Old 04-17-14, 06:55 PM
jmramos107
Driver School Candidate

Default rwd

I work for lexus of englewood if you would like a rwd we could locate one through our dealer network for you no problem
Old 04-18-14, 01:17 PM
tsopranoMB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are currently 5 RWD GS350 FSPORTS in NY/NJ...

2 at Lexus of Edison (Black with CABERNET RED interior & White with CABERNET RED interior) - arriving end of April...
2 at Bay Ridge Lexus (White with BLACK interior & Nebula Grey with CABERNET RED Interior)- arriving end of April & May
1 at Lexus of Queens (Nebula Grey with CABERNET RED Interior)

The other 15 are in MD/VA that can be traded to any local dealer that you would like to work with...

Last edited by tsopranoMB; 04-18-14 at 01:20 PM.
Old 04-18-14, 10:20 PM
Herofmine
Pole Position

Originally Posted by tsopranoMB
There are currently 5 RWD GS350 FSPORTS in NY/NJ...

2 at Lexus of Edison (Black with CABERNET RED interior & White with CABERNET RED interior) - arriving end of April...
2 at Bay Ridge Lexus (White with BLACK interior & Nebula Grey with CABERNET RED Interior)- arriving end of April & May
1 at Lexus of Queens (Nebula Grey with CABERNET RED Interior)

The other 15 are in MD/VA that can be traded to any local dealer that you would like to work with...

Few month ago Lexus of Route 10 couldn't locate one for me and they told me if i special order i need to pay full MSRP i better pass on it and drive my rwd is350 till i find something better with RWD, i am really considering BMW they also giving me better trade in value than Lexus.

Last edited by Herofmine; 04-18-14 at 10:24 PM.
Old 04-18-14, 10:23 PM
Herofmine
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
I have RWD IS350 and i live in NYC. We had 5 winter storms this year and i never got stock on my RWD, good tires always do their job!
Old 04-19-14, 04:15 AM
tsopranoMB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Herofmine
Few month ago Lexus of Route 10 couldn't locate one for me and they told me if i special order i need to pay full MSRP i better pass on it and drive my rwd is350 till i find something better with RWD, i am really considering BMW they also giving me better trade in value than Lexus.
Well, in all due to fairness, other dealers do not have to trade/swap cars in their inventory to other dealers...

Yes, a special order car or small build like a RWD GS350 is hard to get under MSRP due to how rare they are...

Stay tuned for the RC350 coming out this fall!
Old 04-19-14, 01:11 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts

Well, in all due to fairness, other dealers do not have to trade/swap cars in their inventory to other dealers...

Yes, a special order car or small build like a RWD GS350 is hard to get under MSRP due to how rare they are...

Yes but this is completely unfair to an enthusiast buyer or any person that wants a specific color combo or option pack not avail on a dealer lot.

BMW encourages buyers to order cars. Not only do they lockin the lease pricing, they also provide same discount as if it was on the lot.

Lexus needs to change their one size fits all mentality especially if they are going after more enthusiast buyers who are more picky than ur average cust that buys ES/RX.
Old 04-21-14, 09:48 AM
jmramos107
Driver School Candidate

Default RWD GS350 F sport

Buddy of mine has RWD Fsport with rear steering....awesome!!!!!!!
Old 04-21-14, 08:53 PM
Herofmine
Pole Position

They are not rare only north east sells AWD the rest of the nation has RWD or both! I know myself so many people who would love to get RWD GS in north east but dealers won't bring them, Lexus dealers still working on old strategy that Lexus used to aim only on old people soft cars like your sofa)) but not anymore with ISF AND LFA those cars are game changer.
Sell even more cars make even more commission. Wake up Lexus dealers!!!

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
Yes but this is completely unfair to an enthusiast buyer or any person that wants a specific color combo or option pack not avail on a dealer lot.

BMW encourages buyers to order cars. Not only do they lockin the lease pricing, they also provide same discount as if it was on the lot.

Lexus needs to change their one size fits all mentality especially if they are going after more enthusiast buyers who are more picky than ur average cust that buys ES/RX.
100% completely Agree with you!
Old 04-22-14, 02:44 AM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Herofmine
They are not rare only north east sells AWD the rest of the nation has RWD or both! I know myself so many people who would love to get RWD GS in north east but dealers won't bring them, Lexus dealers still working on old strategy that Lexus used to aim only on old people soft cars like your sofa)) but not anymore with ISF AND LFA those cars are game changer.
Sell even more cars make even more commission. Wake up Lexus dealers!!!

100% completely Agree with you!
Exactly. According to Lexus logic, north east and Canada buyers should not be driving LFA and IS-F cars.

Quick Reply: RWD GS 350 in NJ/NY