Browse all: Lexus IS Lighting Guides
Print Wikipost

Replacing GS350 4G standard Fog lights with LED

Old 04-09-14, 04:45 PM
RPBC
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacing GS350 4G standard Fog lights with LED

I would like to replace the regular fog lights to the new LED fog lights. What I got is the driver and passenger side fog light assembly (this is not a bulb replacement).

Can anyone help me replace them. How do you do this. They said that all you need to do is take off the four screws. Where are they located, and how do you do it.

Thanks
Old 04-09-14, 09:54 PM
MrBBQ
Lexus Test Driver

It's quite simple, each foglight is held on by 2 screws and is plug and play. There's are different ways you can access the foglights assembly, 1) removing the bottom panels, 2) the wheel well fender liners, 3) or even removing the entire bumper. I removed my bumper because my 4GS is an F-sport and I wanted to run the foglight harness in a clean manner. I took these pics when installing my fogs several weeks ago and it shows how the foglights are held onto the bumper. Halogen or LED, they are held on with the same sews and use the same H11 plug.
Attached Thumbnails Replacing GS350 4G standard Fog lights with LED-20140314_190406.jpg   Replacing GS350 4G standard Fog lights with LED-20140316_134514.jpg   Replacing GS350 4G standard Fog lights with LED-20140316_142132.jpg   Replacing GS350 4G standard Fog lights with LED-20140316_140924.jpg   Replacing GS350 4G standard Fog lights with LED-20140316_171412.jpg  

Old 04-10-14, 10:47 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RPBC
I would like to replace the regular fog lights to the new LED fog lights. What I got is the driver and passenger side fog light assembly (this is not a bulb replacement).

Can anyone help me replace them. How do you do this. They said that all you need to do is take off the four screws. Where are they located, and how do you do it.

Thanks
Your location says Bataan.

So I assume you bought your Lexus GS from Lexus Manila (Fort Bonifacio, Taguig)? If so, then you don't have to worry much if your LED foglamps are an official Lexus/Toyota Group product. It won't affect your official warranty with Lexus Manila
Old 04-10-14, 02:11 PM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Where did you buy the LED lights? I have the halogens on my sport and i dislike it now so I want to replace them with LEDs.
Old 04-10-14, 05:20 PM
puckhead85
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rexus300
Where did you buy the LED lights? I have the halogens on my sport and i dislike it now so I want to replace them with LEDs.
A lot of members get them here: There is also a CL discount...
http://lexus.sewellparts.com/accesso...2013/6548.html
Old 04-14-14, 06:06 PM
RPBC
Driver School Candidate

Hi,

I ordered my LED fog lamps from sewell.com for $171.30 for each side.
Old 04-14-14, 06:08 PM
RPBC
Driver School Candidate

Yes I got my unit 2 years ago from Lexus Manila. I intended to purchase the remote starter but they refused to install it because they told me that it will not work. Is this true?
Old 05-03-14, 04:36 PM
RPBC
Driver School Candidate

Default installed LED fog lights

I just installed my LED fog lights. Simple to install and looks great.
Attached Thumbnails Replacing GS350 4G standard Fog lights with LED-screen-shot-2014-05-03-at-11.12.08-pm.png  
Old 05-04-14, 09:31 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by RPBC
Yes I got my unit 2 years ago from Lexus Manila. I intended to purchase the remote starter but they refused to install it because they told me that it will not work. Is this true?
Wow that's cool.

Question though:
Is yours the regular version or the F-sport model?

Anyways, as to your question, I'm not sure how to answer that. From what I know, if the parts are from existing products that they carry (i.e. LED headlamp module from GS450h, indicator stalk from an ES350, etc.), then you can acquire it from them. Otherwise, you'd have to buy it from an outside source.

However, if the part or component that you bought is a genuine Toyota Group product, then they can install it for you without voiding your warranty. In fact, most GS buyers who've ordered things from outside (i.e. TRD front splitter, Modellista side skirts, etc.) just paid Lexus Manila to install it for them......and their official warranty is still retained.

Hope that answers your question.
Old 05-06-14, 05:29 PM
RPBC
Driver School Candidate

Default Just the regular version

I have the regular version.
Attached Thumbnails Replacing GS350 4G standard Fog lights with LED-img_3892.jpg  
Old 06-18-14, 08:09 PM
ruger04
Driver School Candidate

I recently bought the H11 30W XenonDepot LED Fog Light Bulbs from KBcarstuff.com. However, when I tried to install it, the bulb wouldn't turn in the housing to lock. I compared the bulbs with the OEM and they looked the same. When I looked on the back of the OEM bulb it was H16 bulbs. Does that make a difference in terms of fitting? OR should I look for H16 LED bulb? If so, where can I get them?
Old 06-19-14, 05:34 AM
AL13NV8D3R
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by ruger04
I recently bought the H11 30W XenonDepot LED Fog Light Bulbs from KBcarstuff.com. However, when I tried to install it, the bulb wouldn't turn in the housing to lock. I compared the bulbs with the OEM and they looked the same. When I looked on the back of the OEM bulb it was H16 bulbs. Does that make a difference in terms of fitting? OR should I look for H16 LED bulb? If so, where can I get them?
I am pretty sure its h11 and not h16 but I may be wrong. Also check to see how thick the rubber gasket is on the new bulb, if they are thicker than the halogens it will take more force to install them because you have to compress the gasket before you can turn to lock.
Old 06-19-14, 08:39 AM
matt2421
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MrBBQ
It's quite simple, each foglight is held on by 2 screws and is plug and play. There's are different ways you can access the foglights assembly, 1) removing the bottom panels, 2) the wheel well fender liners, 3) or even removing the entire bumper. I removed my bumper because my 4GS is an F-sport and I wanted to run the foglight harness in a clean manner. I took these pics when installing my fogs several weeks ago and it shows how the foglights are held onto the bumper. Halogen or LED, they are held on with the same sews and use the same H11 plug.
Mr. BBQ,

Nice setup, id like to copy you if you don't mind? I was wondering if you could help me out with a couple questions? If so, here goes...

1. I have an FSport as well. My Fsport did not come with fog lights so I was wondering if the lighting harness for fog lights is already on my car or is that something I will need to purchase and splice in?

2. How do you turn your fog lights on/off. Do they come on when your headlights come on? Do you have the ability to turn them on/off with a switch?

3. I was also looking on Sewell parts to purchase and saw the "Switch: Headlamp Dimmer Switch w/Fog Lamp" is this a necessary part for this upgrade to an Fsport?
http://lexus.sewellparts.com/accesso...2013/6594.html

Sorry for all the questions just looking to get it right the first time
Old 06-19-14, 09:01 AM
Sosodef79
Pole Position

I have a set in for sale section brand new LED.
Old 06-19-14, 02:07 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by matt2421
Mr. BBQ,

Nice setup, id like to copy you if you don't mind? I was wondering if you could help me out with a couple questions? If so, here goes...

1. I have an FSport as well. My Fsport did not come with fog lights so I was wondering if the lighting harness for fog lights is already on my car or is that something I will need to purchase and splice in?

2. How do you turn your fog lights on/off. Do they come on when your headlights come on? Do you have the ability to turn them on/off with a switch?

3. I was also looking on Sewell parts to purchase and saw the "Switch: Headlamp Dimmer Switch w/Fog Lamp" is this a necessary part for this upgrade to an Fsport?
http://lexus.sewellparts.com/accesso...2013/6594.html

Sorry for all the questions just looking to get it right the first time
Here's where majority of F-Sport owners get the kit from. You can ask Nigel for the LED fogs like I have. They look great. http://www.nigel-jdmparts.com/2013-g...ng?keyword=fog

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Replacing GS350 4G standard Fog lights with LED