GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

BSM just save my GS today!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-14, 03:14 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

This video shows the feature for 2013 Lexus models, but the '13 GS definitely does not have this feature. I'm not trying to discredit anyone's experience but I really don't think the '13 has any features that will beep at you in a particular even like this.
Old 03-26-14, 05:20 PM
Needsdecaf
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine does not beep. 2014. Wonder if it is a setting?
Old 03-26-14, 08:14 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by yardie876
This video shows the feature for 2013 Lexus models, but the '13 GS definitely does not have this feature. I'm not trying to discredit anyone's experience but I really don't think the '13 has any features that will beep at you in a particular even like this.
I believe they didn't finish with the software and froze it. Kinda suck they don't follow through with the update. Audi is going to go with modules where you can unplug/upgrade to faster processors and/or better software.
Old 03-26-14, 08:29 PM
elusive
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by yardie876
but the '13 GS definitely does not have this feature. I'm not trying to discredit anyone's experience but I really don't think the '13 has any features that will beep at you in a particular even like this.
Lol where's your proof that makes you so confident and use term "definitely"?
I can tell you it does beep from 2 separate instances. You have to be very close to other car.
Old 03-27-14, 06:05 AM
Needsdecaf
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by elusive
Lol where's your proof that makes you so confident and use term "definitely"?
I can tell you it does beep from 2 separate instances. You have to be very close to other car.
I RTFM last night. It does not indicate beeping at all. It does indicate beeping for the rear cross path collision warning, and specifically states that the beep comes from the rear, so I don't think they would have missed mentioning that BSM beeps.

I was very close to another car yesterday as I didn't have my mirrors set up and didn't notice the flashing light. The one in my porsche is brighter and closer to your field of vision, and the one in my BMW vibrated the steering wheel. Much better system, that.

Driven the new Caddy CTS and it vibrates the seat on the side that the warning is coming from. Sounds gimmicky, but I absolutely loved it.
Old 03-27-14, 04:58 PM
jmtamu
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I tested my 2014 FSport today and it flashes, but does not beep.
Old 11-17-14, 07:26 PM
Johnhw2
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
I RTFM last night. It does not indicate beeping at all. It does indicate beeping for the rear cross path collision warning, and specifically states that the beep comes from the rear, so I don't think they would have missed mentioning that BSM beeps.

I was very close to another car yesterday as I didn't have my mirrors set up and didn't notice the flashing light. The one in my porsche is brighter and closer to your field of vision, and the one in my BMW vibrated the steering wheel. Much better system, that.

Driven the new Caddy CTS and it vibrates the seat on the side that the warning is coming from. Sounds gimmicky, but I absolutely loved it.
Infiniti has a system that when activated will use BSM to resist a turn of the steering wheel into a lane where BSM shows is occupied. You can turn into that lane if you use a little more force say to avoid a head on collison by risking a side swiping less deadly one. Great system and works very well. Infiniti had BSM in 2011 models available summer 2010.

I like the BSM on my new 2014 LS460 L and in fact only considered cars offering BSM
Old 11-17-14, 07:29 PM
sick21
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

My '14 F Sport BSM does not beep, only flashes. I didn't know they beeped because our Tahoe was the same, no beep only flashes. But apparently cars like the Grand Cherokee and Optima beep. I don't really care but kinda wander why it doesn't beep now. Oh well? I'm just glad to have it. It's a great peace of mind.
Old 11-17-14, 07:36 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

The RCTA is very useful when ur parked next to big trucks.
Old 11-17-14, 07:55 PM
sick21
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
The RCTA is very useful when ur parked next to big trucks.
So true. I live in a truck/suv town so it's like I'm parked next to skyscrapers all of the time, so I just start creeping slowly in reverse relying on the RCTA and it works like a charm every time.
Old 11-18-14, 05:09 AM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

BSM is a good tool, but IMO nothing beats plain old blind spot mirrors. I rely on them 110%, never turn my head left or right ever
Amazon.com: Pair Black Frame Plastic Rectangle Rearview Blind Spot Mirror for Car: Automotive Amazon.com: Pair Black Frame Plastic Rectangle Rearview Blind Spot Mirror for Car: Automotive
Old 11-18-14, 05:10 AM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sick21
My '14 F Sport BSM does not beep, only flashes. I didn't know they beeped because our Tahoe was the same, no beep only flashes. But apparently cars like the Grand Cherokee and Optima beep. I don't really care but kinda wander why it doesn't beep now. Oh well? I'm just glad to have it. It's a great peace of mind.
you can change that. it probably just turned off.
Old 11-18-14, 06:29 AM
sick21
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by FastTags
you can change that. it probably just turned off.
How do I change it?
Old 11-18-14, 06:53 AM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sick21
How do I change it?
I don't know, I will look it up later.
Old 11-18-14, 07:48 AM
popping
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Those with Fsports, have you been able to change your blinker from 3 to 7? I took mine to the dealer, and they couldn't do it for some reason.

Quick Reply: BSM just save my GS today!