GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Manufacture date?

Old 03-05-14, 02:20 AM
kb86
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Manufacture date?

Hi guys,

I intend to import a GS250 from Germany to my country. For import tax, i must find out the exact date of manufacturing (not the year model)

Lexus cars for US market, it is written down on a stamp on a driver door side. However Lexus for Germany market do not have that information on the stamp. Below is the best i can find:

[IMG][/IMG]

My question is: How do i find the exact date of manufacturing for the car, not the year model, not the first registration.

Thank you very much.

Cuong.
Old 03-05-14, 05:17 AM
moose66
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You actually don't get the exact date in the US either. You get the month and year. If it is a new build, you may be able to get an actual build date from your dealer. I got one from my dealer when I was going through the process late last year. How accurate is that date? I can't say. But it was a complete date and not just the month/year. Maybe you can contact your regional Lexus office and they can tell you based on the VIN number the true build date.
Old 03-06-14, 05:52 PM
kb86
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by moose66
You actually don't get the exact date in the US either. You get the month and year. If it is a new build, you may be able to get an actual build date from your dealer. I got one from my dealer when I was going through the process late last year. How accurate is that date? I can't say. But it was a complete date and not just the month/year. Maybe you can contact your regional Lexus office and they can tell you based on the VIN number the true build date.
Hi, is there any way i could find the year it was made? I don't really need the exact day. Sorry if my english confuses you. Cheers!!!
Old 03-07-14, 02:01 PM
liquidz
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kb86
Hi, is there any way i could find the year it was made? I don't really need the exact day. Sorry if my english confuses you. Cheers!!!
If you only need to determine the year that the car was build, then you need to get the VIN like how your posted in your original post. With the VIN, you can enter it here for it to determine the year the car was manufactured:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/vindecoder.php
Old 03-10-14, 02:26 AM
kb86
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by liquidz
If you only need to determine the year that the car was build, then you need to get the VIN like how your posted in your original post. With the VIN, you can enter it here for it to determine the year the car was manufactured:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/vindecoder.php
Thank you for your input, i've tried many different VIN decoder with no luck. Its weird