JoeZ Intake & Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-14, 07:21 AM
smomin23
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mikec78
I have done 1, 3, 6-8 and love all of them...plus I did a few other things
The calipers = I have black and like the look (IMHO)
Get it all from JoeZ...it looks good, sounds good and performs awesome!
I'd love to get a few pics of your GS!
Old 02-13-14, 07:23 AM
smomin23
Rookie

Originally Posted by Rudiculous
I am new and I don't know if this means anything to anyone but my GS is with K&N this week because they are developing an intake kit which they said should reach production in 3-6 months

Good luck with research!
That's actually pretty helpful! I got the same offer from Injen but unfortunately we couldn't get my vehicle's shipment worked out :/
Old 02-13-14, 07:30 AM
smomin23
Rookie

Originally Posted by biggame
Here is a JoeZ clip. In the video there is stock exhaust, axle back and full exhaust. The JoeZ intake was install in all versions..Hope this helps

2013-2014 @Lexus GS350 PTS-JoeZ Series Exhaust Demo Video - YouTube
This was a HUGE help. Thank you!
Old 02-13-14, 08:48 PM
GSTONY
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by smomin23
Full system cat isn't an option unfortunately since I have an AWD but the axle back should be enough hopefully. Performance wise I don't NEED gain. It would be appreciated but where I live, it's more than enough to make short work of whoever is brake checking me haha that being said, I wouldn't say no to gains even minimal lol
Actually you can use full system on awd, my awd f's port has a custom 2.5inch straight through no res no secondary cats. And I have ppe race headers on my awd gs. But this setup is supppper loudd but does sound mean.
Old 02-14-14, 07:16 AM
smomin23
Rookie

Originally Posted by GSTONY
Actually you can use full system on awd, my awd f's port has a custom 2.5inch straight through no res no secondary cats. And I have ppe race headers on my awd gs. But this setup is supppper loudd but does sound mean.
I want the sound from the Joe Z catback maybe just a little more throaty on low end/idle. I'm thinking maybe just a straight resonator delete? or getting a new resonator that allows more rumble. How much did that run you?
Old 02-14-14, 02:17 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Exclamation

Great thread & Great questions...

Let me help clear up some questions & misinformation.

Pretty much the "Sound Creator" just does that. Creates sound using a vibrating sound wave chamber..

There is NO DUAL STAGE anything in these intake systems..
(Only the IS F & LFA have that technology)

So yes, installing our intake pipe on a stock 2013 / 2014 GS350 or even a new 2014 IS350 will make that intake sound quieter...
But it will also be giving the air intake pipe a smoother direct air flow, which has been proven to add 5 rwhp on independently tested IS350 motors from 2006 +

I have no intention on modifying our long standing working design (since 2006) to accept the "Sound Creater", as all it will do is bottle up some air to produce sound waves..

All of this is pretty much irrelevant as you can't even hear the intake system when paired with a properly designed aftermarket exhaust system..

Also, yes our FULL PTS exhaust system is for RWD only. I know its difficult to hear that we haven't created X-pipes & Mid-pipes that work in conjunction with the AWD components..

But the forward drive axle and larger side trans mount ALL play a role in our decision…
**Lexus had to make a HUMP in the floor pan to accept these components…

Our task would be harder, but not impossible… However, AWD cars are in the smaller percentile unfortunately.

This is why we offer the Axle-Back system for AWD & RWD GS350’s.. And only FULL systems for RWD GS350’s..

Best Regards,

~ Joe Z

(This post is a techincal & informational post - keep that in mind before reporting it)

EDIT: Our Intake Pipe design only works in conjunction with the OEM AirBox & Panel Filter.. It will NOT work with any aftermarket conical filter design....

Last edited by Joe Z; 02-14-14 at 02:36 PM.
Old 02-14-14, 03:37 PM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

JoeZ there plenty of AWD's. All the northern states offer AWD only, including Canada an entire country!
Old 02-14-14, 04:07 PM
smomin23
Rookie

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Great thread & Great questions...

Let me help clear up some questions & misinformation.

Pretty much the "Sound Creator" just does that. Creates sound using a vibrating sound wave chamber..

There is NO DUAL STAGE anything in these intake systems..
(Only the IS F & LFA have that technology)

So yes, installing our intake pipe on a stock 2013 / 2014 GS350 or even a new 2014 IS350 will make that intake sound quieter...
But it will also be giving the air intake pipe a smoother direct air flow, which has been proven to add 5 rwhp on independently tested IS350 motors from 2006 +

I have no intention on modifying our long standing working design (since 2006) to accept the "Sound Creater", as all it will do is bottle up some air to produce sound waves..

All of this is pretty much irrelevant as you can't even hear the intake system when paired with a properly designed aftermarket exhaust system..

Also, yes our FULL PTS exhaust system is for RWD only. I know its difficult to hear that we haven't created X-pipes & Mid-pipes that work in conjunction with the AWD components..

But the forward drive axle and larger side trans mount ALL play a role in our decision…
**Lexus had to make a HUMP in the floor pan to accept these components…

Our task would be harder, but not impossible… However, AWD cars are in the smaller percentile unfortunately.

This is why we offer the Axle-Back system for AWD & RWD GS350’s.. And only FULL systems for RWD GS350’s..

Best Regards,

~ Joe Z

(This post is a techincal & informational post - keep that in mind before reporting it)

EDIT: Our Intake Pipe design only works in conjunction with the OEM AirBox & Panel Filter.. It will NOT work with any aftermarket conical filter design....

Thanks for the info Joe! And even if that cat back won't work for me I appreciate your hard work and dedication to lexus owner all around the world. Thank you sir!
Old 02-16-14, 07:49 AM
golfpunks
Driver

Does the joe z intake change the exhaust tone at all?? Louder?? It's a little too deep for my taste right now debating if I should get the intake ...also does anyone get a drone???
Old 02-18-14, 03:06 PM
vyliu
Driver School Candidate

Default Looking for Full PTS Exhaust

JoeZ~ Who can I contact if I am in the market and looking to purchase the Full PTS exhaust in SoCal?

Thanks,
Vince.
Old 02-18-14, 04:06 PM
Rudiculous
Racer

Received 168 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by vyliu
JoeZ~ Who can I contact if I am in the market and looking to purchase the Full PTS exhaust in SoCal? Thanks, Vince.
Carson Toyota
Old 02-19-14, 02:04 AM
GRL10
Driver School Candidate

Hi all, is this catback system worth the price or best to get my local exhaust shop to build one for me?

I am located in Sydney Australia and got a quote from Carson but to be honest 2k plus for a stainless system is abit exxy especially for a catback. however in saying that if it is really worth it I may just consider it.
Old 02-23-14, 02:53 PM
smomin23
Rookie

So the other day I was installing DRLs to my car and while I was in the fuse box I noticed a fuse labeled "Noise Filter" I wonder if pulling this would disable any noise filter holding the engine's sound back. Any input?
Old 02-23-14, 04:01 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by smomin23
So the other day I was installing DRLs to my car and while I was in the fuse box I noticed a fuse labeled "Noise Filter" I wonder if pulling this would disable any noise filter holding the engine's sound back. Any input?
Hmm if you were to ask me is assume that was referring to electronic noise like electronic interference or something like that.
Old 02-24-14, 09:09 AM
smomin23
Rookie

Originally Posted by yardie876
Hmm if you were to ask me is assume that was referring to electronic noise like electronic interference or something like that.
the sad part is, some small part of me knew that. I was just so desparate to hear my GS sing to me that I was ready to turn that fuse into something its not :'( </3

Quick Reply: JoeZ Intake & Exhaust