GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

New setup - slammed

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-14, 01:34 PM
NXXT
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Smile New setup - slammed

I have posted on here a few times before with my old set of very aggressive VIP Modulars. Just wanted to show the fam my new setup Oh and I'm not bagged.

-

Old 01-31-14, 01:42 PM
abounly
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice,

Id be too afraid to mess up a new car's undercarriage
Old 01-31-14, 01:46 PM
lazerlazer
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice, it looks slick.
Old 01-31-14, 01:57 PM
G-SharK
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice setup! Love the 2 step lip!
Old 01-31-14, 04:30 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Nice stance and fitment
Old 01-31-14, 07:47 PM
bigblack06

Received 315 Likes on 219 Posts

That looks really good, love the stance. What happened to the shark fin.
Old 01-31-14, 09:21 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

nice... yeah, where's the shark fin?
Old 01-31-14, 09:32 PM
jdmSW20
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

i like this! Gotta love the slammed static cars. props man
Old 02-01-14, 12:46 AM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Where do you guys live where setups like this are comfortable? The streets in North Texas range from perfect to Range Rover, and a single route across 3 highways will show you everything. I couldn't imagine a flush/stanced car on these roads, or even cutting through some neighborhoods around here with the "you kids slow down" giant speed bumps across the entire street.
Old 02-01-14, 02:35 AM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Afrosheen
Where do you guys live where setups like this are comfortable? The streets in North Texas range from perfect to Range Rover, and a single route across 3 highways will show you everything. I couldn't imagine a flush/stanced car on these roads, or even cutting through some neighborhoods around here with the "you kids slow down" giant speed bumps across the entire street.
I don't think it's a static setup, he is probably on air suspension. Which means that he can go from perfect to Range Rover streets with a click of a button
Old 02-01-14, 08:18 AM
NXXT
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bigblack06
That looks really good, love the stance. What happened to the shark fin.
Haha glad people are finally catching on to that. I had it removed. I did it on my Genesis and I wanted to do it on this car. Plugged up the hole and all the electronics were relocated to the inside of the car between the headliner and the roof. The navigation antenna portion of it had to be re-soldered at a different angle because of the room in there. Then my roof was painted Porsche Panamera amethyst and it has a **** ton of flake in it. It looks beautiful under the right lighting. My last car was purple so I wanted to add a touch of my history into this car

Originally Posted by SNiiP3R
I don't think it's a static setup, he is probably on air suspension. Which means that he can go from perfect to Range Rover streets with a click of a button
No sir I'm not on air I'm on coilovers.

The only part that is getting in the way right now is the metal bracket that holds the front bumper to the fenders. I had to get it hammered flat because it was catching the tire. I got one side perfect but haven't had time to do the other side yet. Other wise no problems

The tiny mudflaps on the front bumper pretty much are on the ground. I see them get pulled around when my girl drives off in my car haha

Originally Posted by Afrosheen
I live in the Arlington/Mansfield area man. But I daily my car and my girlfriend drives it all day really. Been doing this for years so I've gotten used to how to steer it and when to brake and what roads to take all around DFW lol. And speed bumps... well there is definitely a limit. I went to a local Vietnamese church last night and the speed bumps are pretty small and I could feel the transmission getting tugged at a bit. Needless to say I ended up parking near the exit. I wanted to test out the limits so now I know what it can handle. The church also has big sliding metal gates at the entrance on rails and I clipped those rails. I know a lot of people don't understand why or how we could do that to a new car but we get used to it. If anything happens it's our fault for sure. I've never had anything major happen to my cars though

----

Thanks everyone else!
Old 02-01-14, 08:47 AM
LexFather

I saw this on Instagram and it dropped my jaw!! Looks amazing!
Old 02-01-14, 09:00 AM
vietzboi87
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Damn that looks sick. Love the color.
Old 02-03-14, 10:59 AM
neegroy
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

sickkk with it oh man. i love it
Old 02-03-14, 12:37 PM
G-SharK
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by NXXT;8358546I live in the Arlington/Mansfield area man. But I daily my car and my girlfriend drives it all day really. Been doing this for years so I've gotten used to how to steer it and when to brake and what roads to take all around DFW lol. And speed bumps... well there is definitely a limit. I went to a local Vietnamese church last night and the speed bumps are pretty small and I could feel the transmission getting tugged at a bit. Needless to say I ended up parking near the exit. I wanted to test out the limits so now I know what it can handle. The church also has big sliding metal gates at the entrance on rails and I clipped those rails. I know a lot of people don't understand why or how we could do that to a new car but we get used to it. If anything happens it's our fault for sure. I've never had anything major happen to my cars though :)

----

[B
Thanks everyone else![/B]
Nice Ride! I'm from north Dallas, we should meet up next Cars and Coffee meet in Plano. GS meet up. it is on the first Saturday of every month. Its open to everyone, free. http://dallas.carsandcoffee.info/

Quick Reply: New setup - slammed