Front License Plate help

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-14, 12:18 PM
Coldfuzion
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front License Plate help

Hi guys,

I just picked up my GS on Friday and i'm absolutely in love with the car. However, my dealership automatically installs the front license plates on every one of their vehicles, and I absolutely hate it. I was wondering is there anything out there that I can use to take off the front license plate and like fix the holes that the front license plate uses to stay mounted?

Thanks
Old 01-12-14, 12:36 PM
faifai83
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Coldfuzion
Hi guys,

I just picked up my GS on Friday and i'm absolutely in love with the car. However, my dealership automatically installs the front license plates on every one of their vehicles, and I absolutely hate it. I was wondering is there anything out there that I can use to take off the front license plate and like fix the holes that the front license plate uses to stay mounted?

Thanks
Did you let the dealership know before they put the plates on?
Old 01-12-14, 12:59 PM
Coldfuzion
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by faifai83
Did you let the dealership know before they put the plates on?
Apparently they put them on as soon as they are received from the port. Every vehicle they sell has them on already. So I didn't even have a chance to. Regardless, it's too late to do anything about that at this point in time.
Old 01-12-14, 01:41 PM
13FSPORT
Lead Lap

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts

You can buy small tab that will clip in the wholes. Check with your local body shop they should have them in stock and have them paint them to match your car.
Old 01-12-14, 10:51 PM
faifai83
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Apparently they put them on as soon as they are received from the port. Every vehicle they sell has them on already. So I didn't even have a chance to. Regardless, it's too late to do anything about that at this point in time.
Sorry, I would have to disagree. I'm also in CA and my car came without front plates, per my request to my sales guy.

Which dealership did you work with?
Old 01-12-14, 11:01 PM
LEXSTASY
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im also in the same dilemma, except i didnt want to go the license plate hole plug route. I also didnt want to pay $250+ to get it fixed. So instead, i ordered a custom Euro plate from this site

http://www.customeuropeanplates.com/

Maybe ill post a pic when it comes in. I think it will look a lot nicer with one of those on instead of the front plate. Plus, you can customize however you want, even carbon fiber plate with whatever writing you want on it. Can not wait to see how my turns out.
Old 01-13-14, 05:28 AM
neegroy
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by LEXSTASY
im also in the same dilemma, except i didnt want to go the license plate hole plug route. I also didnt want to pay $250+ to get it fixed. So instead, i ordered a custom Euro plate from this site

http://www.customeuropeanplates.com/

Maybe ill post a pic when it comes in. I think it will look a lot nicer with one of those on instead of the front plate. Plus, you can customize however you want, even carbon fiber plate with whatever writing you want on it. Can not wait to see how my turns out.
nice
i alwasy wanted to sidemount plates but i measured it and it came close to the front sensor or it was covering it lol
Old 01-13-14, 04:27 PM
Coldfuzion
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by faifai83
Sorry, I would have to disagree. I'm also in CA and my car came without front plates, per my request to my sales guy.

Which dealership did you work with?
When I said that they put it on as soon as they receive it from the port, I meant that the dealership I purchased it from. It was Longo Lexus.

And as for the European plates, they look nice, but i'd be more inclined to pick one of those up if I was driving a german vehicle. I feel weird putting it on a Japanese vehicle. However, please post pics i'd love to see what it looks like!

I was thinking of maybe jus settling and putting in one of these in the front license plate holder ->
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lexus-3D-Logo-and-Name-Chrome-Stainless-Steel-License-Plate-Official-FreeGift-/390745033696?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5afa380be0&vxp=mtr
Old 01-13-14, 10:06 PM
LEXSTASY
Pole Position

When I said that they put it on as soon as they receive it from the port, I meant that the dealership I purchased it from. It was Longo Lexus.

And as for the European plates, they look nice, but i'd be more inclined to pick one of those up if I was driving a german vehicle. I feel weird putting it on a Japanese vehicle. However, please post pics i'd love to see what it looks like!

I was thinking of maybe jus settling and putting in one of these in the front license plate holder ->
Lexus 3D Logo and Name Chrome Stainless Steel License Plate Official Freegift | eBay
Will do. Should have it in the next few days
Old 01-13-14, 11:15 PM
Crispy
Pole Position

Video Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lexus-3D-Logo-and-Name-Chrome-Stainless-Steel-License-Plate-Official-FreeGift-/390745033696?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5afa380be0&vxp=mtr
That's my only gripe with Longo.

I've purchased two vehicles with them, both had front plates already installed. I tried requesting no plates, but was told they were installed as soon as they receive the vehicle, and I was too late on both.

Small issue considering they have otherwise been great to deal with.
Old 01-17-14, 01:21 PM
LEXSTASY
Pole Position

Got the custom euro plates .... i think it looks a lot better this way
Attached Thumbnails Front License Plate help-img_00001108.jpg   Front License Plate help-img_00001109.jpg   Front License Plate help-img_00001111.jpg   Front License Plate help-img_00001112.jpg  
Old 01-17-14, 01:32 PM
Infamous3
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I think the front of the GS needs to be left without a plate. It makes a significant difference imo
Old 01-17-14, 01:40 PM
Coldfuzion
Driver School Candidate

Wow Lexstacy! Looks way better then I had expected.

Originally Posted by Crispy
That's my only gripe with Longo.

I've purchased two vehicles with them, both had front plates already installed. I tried requesting no plates, but was told they were installed as soon as they receive the vehicle, and I was too late on both.

Small issue considering they have otherwise been great to deal with.
Yeah, but I absolutely loved dealing with their internet sales manager Anthony. My experience there was phenomenal. Small price to pay with the plates.

I actually just started designing my own license plate that I plan on custom fabricating.
Old 01-17-14, 01:51 PM
puckhead85
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LEXSTASY
Got the custom euro plates .... i think it looks a lot better this way
Looks good
What year is that LS next to her?
Old 01-17-14, 02:30 PM
LEXSTASY
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Infamous3
I think the front of the GS needs to be left without a plate. It makes a significant difference imo
I absolutely agree. I would take that over my custom plate anyday. But unfortunately, the bumper holes could not be fixed without paint work and a hefty price so I opted to go with the custom plate instead for $50 bucks shipped.

Wow Lexstacy! Looks way better then I had expected.
Thanks man. I was surprised by how good it looked too. I went with the matte black background and chrome writing.

Originally Posted by puckhead85
Looks good
What year is that LS next to her?
Its a 95 with about 158k miles and still running strong. Love that car. It's my moms but I have been thinking about selling it of late.

Quick Reply: Front License Plate help