GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Damn you, Lexus, you've made it so difficult

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-14, 08:22 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Damn you, Lexus, you've made it so difficult

... to find another car as great as the GS, that is. I typically trade cars every year, but I will soon be coming up on 2 years with my GS F-Sport, and as much as I look around I can't find another car in its class that I would be happier with. It does pretty much everything well.

Because I would like a smaller car, I've considered the IS F-Sport, but it is missing some features (like ventilated seats, tilt-down mirrors) that the GS has. In the same category, I've considered the CTS, but I just don't care for the overall design and the CUE system is overwrought. The Bose system in the A6/A7 sucks (per the owners in the Audi forum) and the B&O at almost $6,000 isn't that much better. The Mark Levinson system in the GS has spoiled me. I also looked at the new BMW 4 Series, and it just doesn't seem like as much car as the GS.

I'm waiting for the intro of the RC-F Coupe. Maybe that will change my mind. If not, I guess I can enjoy saving $$$ by knowing I have a car that satisfies all of my needs.

Sorry if this isn't an informative post, but I just had to say what a great car the GS F-Sport is.
Old 01-03-14, 08:43 PM
modthispny
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i agree with you 110%.

1 year into ownership, if i were to do it all over again, i'd choose a gs f-sport.

a6 feels too jetta ish inside, e350 is boring, 5 series is bland.

only car i would consider is a cts v-sport, i like the looks, and performance, but would have to drive it first.
Old 01-03-14, 09:27 PM
Infamous3
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Me too. I asked my self if i ever got my car totaled, what car i would get to replace it and i couldn't think of anything. Would probably just get the f sport version this time lol
Old 01-04-14, 06:03 AM
obadea
Intermediate

Received 99 Likes on 36 Posts

How do you guys feel about buying a GM product after GM's president recently said he has no intentions of paying tax payers back the 10+ billion we lost. His answer was: the tax payers took the risk and they lost, as if anyone asked us to make that investment.
Old 01-04-14, 06:42 AM
jkeifer3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by obadea
How do you guys feel about buying a GM product after GM's president recently said he has no intentions of paying tax payers back the 10+ billion we lost. His answer was: the tax payers took the risk and they lost, as if anyone asked us to make that investment.
If he can get away with not paying us, the taxpayers, back I say shame on the guys that loaned them the money.

And I've driven a CTS-V and it's a wonderful automobile.
Old 01-04-14, 07:26 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,500 Likes on 1,803 Posts

Originally Posted by obadea
He's right. It was the Government's decision when to sell off their shares and get out of the investment, not GM's. The Government got out early, and took a loss. Had they stayed the course a little longer I don't think they would have taken that loss.

Don't sweat it...the Government didn't actually loose $10B. When you factor in what they saved by just not having to pay all those unemployment benefits, we're ahead. Anyways, $10B is nothing to our budget...$72 per taxpayer. You lost 72 bucks on a $348 investment...it happens. Time to move on.
Old 01-06-14, 12:22 AM
sgmstr
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by modthispny
i agree with you 110%.

1 year into ownership, if i were to do it all over again, i'd choose a gs f-sport.

only car i would consider is a cts v-sport, i like the looks, and performance, but would have to drive it first.
I test drove CTS V Sport and it's super fast and performs well. I would buy CTS V Sport if you only care for performance. Not so good reviews on their new CUE.
Old 01-06-14, 06:13 AM
BarrettF77
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Personally, GM should do the honorable thing regardless of whether or not they have to. Sometimes the right path isn't the easy one. For that reason, I will never buy a GM product. Simply for the matter of principle. I'd love to bring jobs home, but I often like to speak with my wallet.
Old 01-06-14, 06:33 AM
Infamous3
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by modthispny
i agree with you 110%.

the a6 exterior is just really boring and bland. And no way the 5 series is the one thats bland lol. No way, not with those creases
Old 01-06-14, 06:35 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Infamous3
the a6 exterior is just really boring and bland. And no way the 5 series is the one thats bland lol. No way, not with those creases
A 5 Series with the GS interior would work for me.
Old 01-06-14, 11:59 AM
1111GS

Received 89 Likes on 77 Posts

Same here esp. coupe is not an option for me at this time. I may end up with Tesla Model S. IMO this thing looks hot and it's quick too. My only concern is the charging stations.
Old 01-06-14, 12:30 PM
mso4
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I've had mine for 1.5 years and 25k miles. While I love the GS, I still can't stop thinking about what car I'll get next haha. I'm on lease for another 1.5 years. My original plan was to buy out the lease after three years.

If I don't keep the GS I would consider the IS if they add ventilated seat, tilt down mirrors, and a more powerful engine. I'm also thinking a 4 series or the RC coupe.

I'll also consider less reliable cars like the A6 since I like the look. I'll only consider the 5 series if they shave off 300lbs and make the car handle like they used to 2-3 generations ago. I'm not that into the E350. Finally while a great car I can't get past that Cadillac look, perhaps if their CUE is improved then maybe.
Old 01-06-14, 03:29 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by dseag2
... to find another car as great as the GS, that is. I typically trade cars every year, but I will soon be coming up on 2 years with my GS F-Sport, and as much as I look around I can't find another car in its class that I would be happier with. It does pretty much everything well.

Because I would like a smaller car, I've considered the IS F-Sport, but it is missing some features (like ventilated seats, tilt-down mirrors) that the GS has. In the same category, I've considered the CTS, but I just don't care for the overall design and the CUE system is overwrought. The Bose system in the A6/A7 sucks (per the owners in the Audi forum) and the B&O at almost $6,000 isn't that much better. The Mark Levinson system in the GS has spoiled me. I also looked at the new BMW 4 Series, and it just doesn't seem like as much car as the GS.

I'm waiting for the intro of the RC-F Coupe. Maybe that will change my mind. If not, I guess I can enjoy saving $$$ by knowing I have a car that satisfies all of my needs.

Sorry if this isn't an informative post, but I just had to say what a great car the GS F-Sport is.
Good problem to have. I can vouch for the O.P…he's had quite a list of cars since I've known him on the internet

Hopefully the RC F gets GS features…

Lexus needs to bring a GS F and IS F pronto….
Old 01-06-14, 03:29 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,500 Likes on 1,803 Posts

Originally Posted by BarrettF77
Personally, GM should do the honorable thing regardless of whether or not they have to. Sometimes the right path isn't the easy one. For that reason, I will never buy a GM product. Simply for the matter of principle. I'd love to bring jobs home, but I often like to speak with my wallet.
Its business. The Government made a business decision...they made it when they bailed GM out and they made one when they sold the stock early.

When people start talking about "the principle of the thing" they are no longer thinking with a business mindset.
Old 01-06-14, 03:48 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Hold out for the GS-F. It'll be everything you love with a huge V8 roaring under the hood.

Quick Reply: Damn you, Lexus, you've made it so difficult