GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

2013 GS F Sport - Squeaky Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-13, 06:08 PM
aztecsjar
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 2013 GS F Sport - Squeaky Brakes

When I come to a slow stop my brakes squeak. I took the car to the dealer and had to prove to them that the brakes actually squeak or they could not help me. I drove around and pulled back to the service area and keep driving and stopping and the brakes squeaked every time. They supposedly replaced the brake pads, however, the brakes still squeak. Has anybody else had this problem? I'm at my wits end. This is my fourth GS and the first one that has giving me any trouble. I'm now driving a $60k car that sounds like a school bus. I'm embarrassed to have friends ride in my new car.
Old 12-31-13, 07:38 PM
tea
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

repost. this has been discussed plenty of times on this very forum. At least you spelled brakes right lol
Old 01-01-14, 02:04 AM
Infamous3
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Yeah I've read a lot about people with squeaky brakes. Ive had them on mine too and mines the base model. It went away after 5k miles

mine would squeak a lot before too
Old 01-01-14, 06:05 AM
nealb
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is how I've taken care of that in the past. Don't have the squeak problem on my 2013 F Sport (yet).

When I was driving my autocross and Time Trial car to work every day with aggressive brake pads on it, they would sometimes squeak

I would just go to somewhere safe and not crowded and get up to 60-70 or so and then stand on the brakes and make a panic stop

A couple of those and the squeak went away until a few hundred more miles of normal street driving

The pads get glazed or something that goes away with severe use.
Old 01-01-14, 06:40 AM
Shadow0039
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tea
repost. this has been discussed plenty of times on this very forum. At least you spelled brakes right lol
Had similar problem when I just got my car. Think the agent changed the rotors and brake pads and the problem was solved. No squeaking sound since. Read the earlier posts on this topic for details.
Old 01-01-14, 06:49 AM
jkeifer3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Mine squeak every once in a while. A couple of anti-lock brake (break) tests from 60mph seem to correct the situation for another month or so. No biggie. Happy New Year everyone!
Old 01-02-14, 04:57 PM
aztecsjar
Driver School Candidate

Unhappy

Originally Posted by tea
I'm new to this board and do not know how to search for the previous thread on this topic. Can anyone help out?
Old 01-02-14, 06:17 PM
bigblack06

Received 315 Likes on 219 Posts

Funny you speak of this as driving in snow and brakes are squeaking.
Old 10-09-14, 12:51 PM
Chapmanguy
Driver School Candidate

Default Brakes squeal - 2013 Lexus GS 350 Sport

I drove a 2010 Lexus 350 GS for 3 years - brakes Never squealed. 2 years ago I picked up a 2013 Lexus GS 350 Sport. Brakes never squealed - first 2 years and 30K miles. I OK'd Lexus Dealer to install new front brakes a month ago at recent 30K service (at a cost of $600).
Since then the brakes squeal morning, noon and night. It is intermittent, but still very annoying. 58K vehicle and the brakes squeal. I called Lexus service person - they said this happens with the Sport model - but they would check it if I would like. Didn't sound very encouraging.
Not sure what direction I am going to go - but I am very unhappy.
Old 10-09-14, 01:16 PM
jj14
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by aztecsjar
I'm new to this board and do not know how to search for the previous thread on this topic. Can anyone help out?
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...noise-tsb.html
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...s-are-bad.html
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...to-squeak.html
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ake-dusts.html

Look for the "search this forum" link on the right side above the first thread in the forum - and click that. Enter your search criteria, and hit enter.
Old 10-09-14, 01:49 PM
DoriSaru15
Lead Lap

I used brake cleaner to stop my brakes from squeaking.
Old 10-10-14, 09:33 AM
LGSFS2012
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had the same problem on my 2013 from 3k-9k miles. But no issue with the 14. Everyone says to replace the pads , but shouldn't have too on a brand new car.
Old 02-06-16, 05:13 AM
jduong29
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by aztecsjar

When I come to a slow stop my brakes squeak. I took the car to the dealer and had to prove to them that the brakes actually squeak or they could not help me. I drove around and pulled back to the service area and keep driving and stopping and the brakes squeaked every time. They supposedly replaced the brake pads, however, the brakes still squeak. Has anybody else had this problem? I'm at my wits end. This is my fourth GS and the first one that has giving me any trouble. I'm now driving a $60k car that sounds like a school bus. I'm embarrassed to have friends ride in my new car.
Hey I just got my brakes change out a few weeks ago and its so squeaky!! I was hoping it will go away by now but haven't. I replace it with OEM breaks and got the rotors resurface. I believe this is a common thing with Lexus GS F Sport. This is so annoying and squeak is loud when I come to a stop. I took it back to the shop and they said this was common.
Old 02-07-16, 08:35 PM
richard203
Racer

Received 118 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by jduong29
Hey I just got my brakes change out a few weeks ago and its so squeaky!! I was hoping it will go away by now but haven't. I replace it with OEM breaks and got the rotors resurface. I believe this is a common thing with Lexus GS F Sport. This is so annoying and squeak is loud when I come to a stop. I took it back to the shop and they said this was common.
Ya, mines squeal too after change brake. Might bring it to the dealer.
Old 02-09-16, 03:26 PM
akcao
Driver School Candidate

i had squeaking also with the oem pads. went with posi quiet by Centric. Now its not as loud as before.

Quick Reply: 2013 GS F Sport - Squeaky Brakes