GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

2014 GS350 F-Sport Lease Deal - Good?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-14, 12:32 PM
sick21
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

@LexusLive, I'm not saying you're wrong but I also don't feel you're right. To a certain degree, loans help stimulate the economy. To another certain degree, debts aid in crashing the economy. And that's the end of the spectrum you're on, "only pay cash, don't spend, save save save". That's fine for you. But your long rant came off as arrogant and troll-like. I really don't want to see everyone on the forum getting into a disagreement over how they should pay for the car. This is a thread for leasing info on the GS, you're only going to make enemies by trying to tell us all not to lease and that none of us can afford the car. You're not entirely wrong, but you're going about it wrong. It's also taken this thread very far off track, this was intended to help newcomers who are looking to "lease" this fantastic vehicle.
Old 11-30-14, 12:41 PM
LexusLive
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sick21
@LexusLive, I'm not saying you're wrong but I also don't feel you're right. To a certain degree, loans help stimulate the economy. To another certain degree, debts aid in crashing the economy. And that's the end of the spectrum you're on, "only pay cash, don't spend, save save save". That's fine for you. But your long rant came off as arrogant and troll-like. I really don't want to see everyone on the forum getting into a disagreement over how they should pay for the car. This is a thread for leasing info on the GS, you're only going to make enemies by trying to tell us all not to lease and that none of us can afford the car. You're not entirely wrong, but you're going about it wrong. It's also taken this thread very far off track, this was intended to help newcomers who are looking to "lease" this fantastic vehicle.
I'm not the enemy here. The dealerships and the banks are not the customer's friend. Their only goal is to separate as much money as possible from you and me. That's what businesses do. That's all they do. They are like the Terminator.
Old 11-30-14, 01:07 PM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusLive
I'm not the enemy here. The dealerships and the banks are not the customer's friend. Their only goal is to separate as much money as possible from you and me. That's what businesses do. That's all they do. They are like the Terminator.
And you think becasue we give them our money, there for we do not know or understand that???

Of course we know that banks are evil, nevertheless we go to them becasue we simply need them, end of story It easy to say for people who have hundreds thousands dollars of cash in the bank, "go pay cash", but there are lots of people who do not have that luxury, but they can pay a small monthly payments instead. And guess what, its a MAJORITY of us.

So, if you think that all people who lease cars, rent homes, are morons, becasue according to your logic "you should pay cash ONLY" than you can take your logic somewhere else. People have been renting, financing, leasing for many years and it is so popular now that almost anyone can afford to drive a nice car, own a nice condo, YES all thanks to EVIL banks, we can buy a house, buy a boat, have a transportation to work etc.
Old 11-30-14, 01:49 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,521 Likes on 1,819 Posts

So don't read my posts. I pay cash for my cars. You and I will always disagree about the wisdom of financing a depreciating asset.
I’m not saying its “wise”. The financially wise thing to do is to buy a used car and drive it for 10+ years. But, life is not only about doing whats wise. Its also never financially wise to eat out, or in fact spend money on anything but the minimum that is required for sustaining your own life. But, life would be pretty boring if all we did was try and get through life as cheaply as possible.

Leasing my cars does not take away from my savings or investing one bit. It comes out of my discretionary income and is a very small percentage of my overall income, and I understand that it’s a huge cost. But, to me the cost is worthwhile. Some people have boats, vacation homes, belong to country clubs, I drive nice cars.

Seeing your other posts, you’re facing a $6,500 repair trying to get Lexus to cover it on a 9 year old car (good luck). I just don’t have the time or the energy to worry about such things, I don’t want to drive old, outdated unreliable cars. That repair equals an entire year of lease payments on my trouble free new GS. How's that working out for ya? Maybe you have saved some money...but my cars not out of service...and to me my time and energy is way more valuable than the few thousand dollars a year driving a used car might save me.

I offer friends and relatives "solicited" advice on car purchases all the time. They usually get annoyed (just like you) when I say "if you don't have the cash, you can't afford the car" and go do some foolish financing/leasing deal anyway. Whatever, it is their financial future to compromise.
We’re not your friends or family, and we did not ask for your criticism of our life choices. You post to make yourself feel superior, not to help anybody, that’s the bottom line. My financial future is not even in the slightest way compromised by spending $700 a month leasing a car LOL. Quite frankly, $700 every month to me is pretty meaningless.

Well, congratulations on being a multi millionaire. Those are the only people who should be getting a new $60,000 Lexus every 3 years. And you should be paying cash.
And you have the right to tell me what I should and should not do why? I’m not telling you what you should do. Do what you want and live your life the way you want. I really don't care if I ever become a "multi-millionaire", or what that even means, I work hard, I make a very good living, I and my financial advisors have devised a good plan that will put me where I want to be when it comes time to retire. What else is there? Why should I deny myself things I want now that I can afford without taking away from my future, just so I can have "more" later? More of what?!? One day we'll all be dead and none of us will care what we have, had, or could have had.

It's an open forum. The correct answer "should I lease" is "never". If you can find evidence to the contrary, I'd be happy to read it
He didn’t ask “should I lease” he asked if this lease deal was a good lease deal on the GS. Your responses are off topic and out of line.

I and others have posted multiple detailed scenarios over the years showing why we choose to lease. They’re out there if you want to read them. For me, it’s a no brainer. Seeing that you have no idea what my financial situation is, your viewpoint on what I should do is beyond meaningless. I pay actual professionals who do have that knowledge to help me decide what I can and cannot do, what I should and should not do.

Go spend dozens of hours trying to get Lexus to cover a $6,500 repair on your 9 year old car. I’ll spend my time working, closing business deals, making money, and enjoying leisure time all while my leased 2 year old Lexus provides trouble free service, and provides me a lot of enjoyment that I wouldn't get out of a used, outdated one. But yeah, you’re really ahead of the game

Bottom line is, worry about yourself.

They have their goals and I have mine. Just because their goal is to get as much money out of me as possible doesn't mean that I have to let them do that. I'm a car salesman's worst nightmare.

Knowledge is power and what we are trying to do here is share knowledge, not have our informative threads shut down with your self important ramblings.

Last edited by SW17LS; 11-30-14 at 01:58 PM.
Old 11-30-14, 02:02 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,995 Likes on 1,418 Posts

I steal the luxury cars to drive, find vacant mansions for squatting, go dumpster-diving for food, shoplift clothes to wear, and beg for cash to buy premium gasoline. Works like a charm!
Old 11-30-14, 02:07 PM
sick21
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by bclexus
I steal the luxury cars to drive, find vacant mansions for squatting, go dumpster-diving for food, shoplift clothes to wear, and beg for cash to buy premium gasoline. Works like a charm!
And I joined this forum to sell my insurance haha I like expensive **** and while I may not have the cash to pay for it, I at least do my best to shop smart. All that matters to me.
Old 11-30-14, 02:18 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

And the bottom line is debt is not evil. People misuse debt and get themselves in a lot of trouble, but that doesn't mean that the debt itself is evil. Will banks take advantage of you? Absolutely, its your responsibility as a consumer to learn, do research, and not let yourself be railroaded into a bad deal.

Just making a blanket assessment that "I will not borrow money for ANYTHING" is as short sighted and ignorant as saying you're going to borrow money for EVERYTHING. These things are tools, and how you use them is important.

If I can borrow money for a house at 4%, and have that 4% be tax deductible, why would I want to use $500,000 of my own funds even if I had that money? That money would be invested and earning a return itself, meaning that using that money to buy a house would actually cost me money. The same is true for a car. If I can get a car loan for 1.5%...why would I want to take cash away from something earning even 2% or 3% to buy that car? If I can lease a car and have a fixed cost over 3 years with a guaranteed residual and get to keep access to the upside if its worth more, why would I take on the risk of buying the car if I'm only going to keep it 3 years?

What makes me really mad about these "gurus" is their blanket advice and hard line recommendations. People are all different and we all have different goals. There is no one way to achieve goals. Will living like Ramsey says work? Yeah. Are people "not financially responsible" if they handle their finances differently? No. I and my financial planners have developed a plan that works for me, my investments are funded so that they should reach my goals when I need them to, and money is left over for me to live the lifestyle I want to live. For this guy to come in and say that I'm just wrong because of what some guy on TV says is a blanket statement as the ONLY way to live just shows how ignorant he really is.

People are only financially irresponsible if they are living beyond their means. You don't have to put doing everything as cheaply as possible as your only goal in order to be financially responsible.For him to say I'm "living beyond my means" because I'm not a "multi-millionaire" is ridiculous...he has no idea what my means are, or your means, or anybody's means.

Last edited by SW17LS; 11-30-14 at 02:22 PM.
Old 12-05-14, 11:40 AM
LexusLive
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sick21
Anything to do with a modern day car isn't a good idea.
I'll bet the 1st and 2nd Gen GSs didn't experience some of the technical issues we're starting to run into with the 3rd and 4th Gen models. As we add complexity, we increase the likelyhood that systems will fail.
Old 12-05-14, 12:39 PM
Ap1_Alan
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

So don't read my posts. I pay cash for my cars. You and I will always disagree about the wisdom of financing a depreciating asset.

The only time leasing makes finanical sense is if you are a company leasing a fleet of service vehicles.

It's an open forum. The correct answer "should I lease" is "never". If you can find evidence to the contrary, I'd be happy to read it.
Please explain the benefit of paying cash vs. financing a depreciating asset. With low financing rates it makes perfect sense to do so, unless you're keeping your savings under your mattress at home and not earning interest or have any investments.

Leasing has many financial benefits. Now if your argument was that it doesn't make financial sense to change cars every 2-3 years then I'd agree. But people treat themselves to toys. If everything you did was for financial reasons you should be living in a small shack and driving the oldest cheapest car that runs
Old 12-05-14, 06:12 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Let's not start this up again
Old 12-21-14, 02:14 PM
Laostuh
Driver School Candidate

Default Need advice

So I live in Southern California. Seriously looking into leasing or purchasing a 14 Lexus GS350 F Sport. My question is what are current Lexus incentives and MFs ? Do you think I'd be able to get away with 0 down $510-530 including tax on a lease or maybe even better? Any info is greatly appreciated thanks. Also thinking about dealing with Longo/Keyes/or Thousand Oaks.
Old 12-22-14, 02:26 AM
BlueAc215
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Laostuh
So I live in Southern California. Seriously looking into leasing or purchasing a 14 Lexus GS350 F Sport. My question is what are current Lexus incentives and MFs ? Do you think I'd be able to get away with 0 down $510-530 including tax on a lease or maybe even better? Any info is greatly appreciated thanks. Also thinking about dealing with Longo/Keyes/or Thousand Oaks.
A guy in the 2015 lease thread just got one for $490 w/ tax inc. and no money down. You California guys are winning, take advantage.
Old 12-22-14, 06:46 AM
Bim328
Driver School Candidate

If you gonna lease, go to Thousand Oaks and ask for Paul. I leased 2014 GS350 F-Sport 12K miles 24 months less $528 4 months ago...I just referred my cousin there, he leased 2015 same car $527 2 weeks ago...
Old 12-22-14, 06:48 AM
Bim328
Driver School Candidate

I live close to Longo and my cousin and I leased from Thousand Oaks...which explained it. :-)