Compilation of my Issues - please help if anyone

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-13, 05:32 PM
thomaskymn
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Compilation of my Issues - please help if anyone

Hi,

I'm just checking in to see if anyone has had any similar issue and if so, any advancements in fixing it:

1. The car makes a very annoying clicking noise when I turn the wheel while driving slowly (happens when I turn it right. - I've had the Lexus dealer take a look at it multiple times and they could not fix the issue. They said they have not been issued a "TSB" yet and that it just needs occasional cleaning of the wheels. Anyone know if I could pursue lemon law with this since the dealer is not able to troubleshoot the issue? Initially they replaced a part (forgot which - had to do with some bearing), then they cleaned the bearing - none of which worked.

2. Car seat making noise on driver's side when leaning back - they also had to replace a part for this. It made this "THUMP" sound when I leaned back while I was leaning. Once they fixed it resolved the problem, but it's starting to come back slowly.

3. Car battery Dies - I swear I had to jump start this car twice so far and did not leave any lights or anything connected at all - the battery just died out of nowhere.

hopefully some of you guys are enjoying the car more than I have so far.
Old 12-15-13, 06:15 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Sorry to here you're having these troubles. They're not unheard of though. The issue with the seat is a new one, all the others have been discussed here already.
I had the same ticking noise coming from my front driver wheel. I had the dealership check it out and nothing was found. Ironically after I had some aftermarket wheels put on the sound has disappeared completely. Others have said it might be the suspension but idk since it's non existent now.
The battery draining has been discussed in detail on here too. There is still no definite conclusion as to what may be causing this. There is some fuel evap motor that comes on occasionally during the night apparently. I haven't heard it engage myself but that could potentially cause the battery to drain? There's no tsb so we'll just have to sit and wait.
I honestly don't think it's worth trying to take the lemon law route as none of these problems satisfy the requirements for the lemon law.

Hope it works out.
Old 12-16-13, 09:17 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

The car won't qualify for "lemon" status.

Do you have another dealer that you could take it to?

Escalating the issue with Lexus Corporate may get better attention.
Old 12-16-13, 09:40 AM
BarrettF77
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The battery issues is well known on many different models. I've seen going to a battery like Optima has fixed it for many I know. I'm currently seeking lexus to remedy this for me as the research has shown me the Cold Cranking Amps for the stock batteries is around 560-570. Many replacement batteries are around 720 and up.
Old 12-16-13, 10:22 AM
Trek
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

******, why can't Lexus be as quality-oriented as Acura? I own both (my first Lexus) but I've been suspicious for years of Toyota/Lexus quality. My Acura runs like a friggin' Swiss watch. It's almost boring because nothing ever goes wrong with it, even after 100K miles. I might've bought the new RLX if not for the lack of AWD. I love my new GS, but Acura is extremely reliable. Nothing but oil changes and a new set of tires after six years and 100K+ miles. Oh yeah, I replaced the wipers earlier this year. Big deal.

I hope my Lexus is this good.
Old 12-16-13, 12:25 PM
ialexxx
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The battery being drained is actually quite weird. Earlier this fall I left my car unattended for about a week and it started fine. Last week, I didn't drive my car for a day and the battery died on me... I always carry a battery pack with me just incase.
Old 12-16-13, 02:14 PM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

Still have the original Panasonic battery that came with the car. My car has 8,000 miles in 2 years, so it sits, a lot. It has sat on 3 separate occasions this year for over a week....no issues whatsoever.