GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Gunmetal or Silver? Would love to know what you guys think!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-13, 03:55 PM
1111GS

Received 89 Likes on 77 Posts

These look almost like the Niche Targa. Another vote for GM. I agree GM gives more mean-ness which matches the wheels and the F Sport more. IMO the structure is a little thin for Silver.
Old 07-23-13, 05:32 PM
KDLiquidGS
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bnlexus
These look almost like the Niche Targa. Another vote for GM. I agree GM gives more mean-ness which matches the wheels and the F Sport more. IMO the structure is a little thin for Silver.
Like I said earlier, if I had the F-Sport there wouldn't be a question. I'd definitely go with Gunmetal, but I have the luxury.
Old 07-23-13, 05:48 PM
Stew4HD
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The silver does go very well with your car color
Old 07-23-13, 07:07 PM
MikeJaye
Driver School Candidate

I'm definitely with Blueprint on this one -- the silver with gunmetal "rocks" for me! I'm biased as I drive the silver F-Sport as well -- gunmetal Vossens lowered on Tanabe's are part of my short-term plan too! But you're in a win win situation regardless of the choice you make!
Old 07-23-13, 08:27 PM
Paul@howeyindustries.com
Pole Position

Go with the Silver , it looks perfect ...

Here's a few more in silver

Or maybe Gloss Black?
Old 07-23-13, 09:10 PM
1BlinkGone
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Silver. Done.
Old 07-24-13, 07:39 AM
1111GS

Received 89 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by KDLiquidGS
Like I said earlier, if I had the F-Sport there wouldn't be a question. I'd definitely go with Gunmetal, but I have the luxury.
My bad... I didn't read all your posts. In that case, IMO you should leave your wheels alone for a few more months and re-evaluate. Something in these wheels that will grow on you and makes it difficult to change. You also have Silver which IMO takes away the aggressiveness (if there is any) from the luxury model which in turn makes it more difficult to match an aftermarket set. They may clash with the car. I have a black luxury and I think it's more forgiving but still haven't found one that I would give up the luxury wheels for them. Many aftermarket wheels look nice themselves but when they are on the luxury, they don't look as I expect. Good luck with your decision/search. I still vote GM if these are the only choices.

Last edited by 1111GS; 07-24-13 at 08:00 AM.
Old 07-24-13, 08:12 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by MikeJaye
I'm definitely with Blueprint on this one -- the silver with gunmetal "rocks" for me! I'm biased as I drive the silver F-Sport as well -- gunmetal Vossens lowered on Tanabe's are part of my short-term plan too! But you're in a win win situation regardless of the choice you make!
Thanks. I think its a perfect combo with gunmetal on silver..sporty, yet not over the top.

Old 07-24-13, 10:40 AM
mshmsh
Driver

Silver is better for me. want a great example? look at the first GS that came out .. it was Liquid Platinum with silver wheels..

Old 07-24-13, 10:46 AM
mshmsh
Driver

if I were you I would buy F sport wheels and paint them silver like the pic I posted
Old 07-25-13, 08:26 AM
KDLiquidGS
Rookie

Originally Posted by mshmsh
Silver is better for me. want a great example? look at the first GS that came out .. it was Liquid Platinum with silver wheels..

if I were you I would buy F sport wheels and paint them silver like the pic I posted
Haha nah man I really like these Velgen wheels. I already decided on that, now I'm just waiting for the Tanabe springs to arrive!

Originally Posted by bnlexus
My bad... I didn't read all your posts. In that case, IMO you should leave your wheels alone for a few more months and re-evaluate. Something in these wheels that will grow on you and makes it difficult to change. You also have Silver which IMO takes away the aggressiveness (if there is any) from the luxury model which in turn makes it more difficult to match an aftermarket set. They may clash with the car. I have a black luxury and I think it's more forgiving but still haven't found one that I would give up the luxury wheels for them. Many aftermarket wheels look nice themselves but when they are on the luxury, they don't look as I expect. Good luck with your decision/search. I still vote GM if these are the only choices.
I would have to completely disagree with you about the liquid platinum taking away the "aggressiveness" from the luxury model. Some people argue that the luxury model front is more aggressive than the F-Sport, which I do not agree with, but no way in hell does liquid platinum take away from it, lol. My friend saw my car yesterday for the first time and the first thing he said was "Damn bro, the front looks so mean."
Old 07-25-13, 08:37 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

i had my F Sport wheels refinished in hyper silver and the car was OB, and i loved them. the thread is here somewhere.
Old 07-25-13, 08:39 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

a silver wheel looks good on any car... any color.
Old 07-25-13, 08:49 AM
KDLiquidGS
Rookie

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
i had my F Sport wheels refinished in hyper silver and the car was OB, and i loved them. the thread is here somewhere.
Too bad they look really good in silver, but too small for my taste. I want 20s! lol

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
a silver wheel looks good on any car... any color.
& I agree 100%. Gunmetal gives me too much of a tuner look imo.
Old 07-25-13, 09:55 AM
kdsr123
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

gunmetal looks meaner

Quick Reply: Gunmetal or Silver? Would love to know what you guys think!