GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models
View Poll Results: should they honor there advertise warranty and replace the wheels?
YES
83.33%
NO
16.67%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Defect Vossen wheels,warranty denied ?? (resolved)

Old 09-04-13, 09:33 PM
mrpartsman
Lexus Test Driver

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Defect Vossen wheels,warranty denied ?? (resolved)

I had to post this so I can get everybody's opinion on it, I had purchased Vossen CV2 from wheel warehouse in July, love the wheels, and kept on posting it on CL, as u guys can see it and cpl of month later I stared hearing this noise coming from the wheel, ticking noise from the stainless lip, so I recorded it on my phone , and the Sema show came on in Nov. and went met Alex at the Vossen booth, and showed him the video, and he was surprised, and said I never seen that before, but, when I get back I will handle it, time passes it started getting worse and I contacted WW, and talked to them , and me being bzy with work and the mods done on the car, could not take the wheels off to send it in, then I stopped by WW and showed more videos to the salesman and he could not blv it either, and while I was there trying to back up he heard the noise from the wheels, and he said wow, just heard it, it sound like the lip its not pressed on it correctly or glued on, I dont know how they do it., so I end up posting it on youtube, so he can send it to Vossen ppl and see what they can do abt it, and they siad sure no problem , we need to get the wheels here, then it took me 2 month until I found some wheels to clear my BBK and $5OO down the drain for it so I can get my wheels to them , after 3 weeks and running out of patience, talked to them on Tuesday and they said they wont handle the warranty, the wheels are fine its my BBK , so they video I took and they watched it is all BS and the WW salesman seeing it himself is a liar, so where does the 5 yr manufacture warranty cover, and on top of it, I did not have the BBK on the rear when the noise was there, I got that installed 7 month later so what is the excuse, and now I have XXR wheels on with the same design lip, how come it does not make that noise now,so what is the excuse for that, and supposedly they put the wheels on the same car and drove it for an hr. and no noise, but how would I know they did that,no video and no proof, but my recording and the salesman seeing in is not enough, I have two video links , one is clear and the second one is shot in the dark in a garage, sorry, but u can hear it,so what do u think Vossen should do, stand behind there product or what ? sorry for the long story, but I had to
the time stamps where u hear it 8-10-14-29-39-41-59-1:08
3-11-16-20-25-29
Old 09-04-13, 09:39 PM
LexFather

Hey,

Sorry for your issue, I was out of the office but I'll check into this first thing tomorrow morning and get back with your ASAP in regards to your warranty.

Mike

Old 09-05-13, 05:47 AM
BarrettF77
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If that is the lip, you lose pressure on the highway and have a failure as a result, I'd hate to be the manufacturer there. Hopefully blueprint gets you taken care of. Definitely frustrating when you put hard earned money into something and this happens.
Old 09-05-13, 07:38 AM
LexFather

Hey I just spoke to the team, the wheels were warrantied 2 weeks ago so I have to see what the hold up is and where the breakdown was in regards to communication.Again sorry for the drawn out issue.

Mike

Old 09-05-13, 09:13 AM
DoriSaru15
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it only coming from one wheel? Have you tried swapping it with the other side? I actually have the same noise as you do, but i have stock rims. My car has been with lexus since Tuesday for that problem. I hope everything goes well for you. But I think imo its not the rims. I looked up the rims in the web site and its a monblock wheel. Im not a rim expert, but i do know that monoblock is a 1 piece design. Since its a 1 piece design its a soiled wheel which shouldn't make any noise since there are no other parts attached to it like a 2 piece or 3 piece.
Old 09-05-13, 09:35 AM
BarrettF77
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wonder if it's from over torquing or debris between between the rim and the axle?
Old 09-05-13, 09:46 AM
mrpartsman
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DoriSaru15
Is it only coming from one wheel? Have you tried swapping it with the other side? I actually have the same noise as you do, but i have stock rims. My car has been with lexus since Tuesday for that problem. I hope everything goes well for you. But I think imo its not the rims. I looked up the rims in the web site and its a monblock wheel. Im not a rim expert, but i do know that monoblock is a 1 piece design. Since its a 1 piece design its a soiled wheel which shouldn't make any noise since there are no other parts attached to it like a 2 piece or 3 piece.
its not, I already tried swapping it and the lip on the wheel is pop on lip and either gets pressed on or glued on .when u even tap on the lip u can hear some parts are hallow.
Old 09-05-13, 10:54 AM
bean006
Driver

Holy CRAP!! now I'm begnining to get really anxoious on CV2. I HAVE THE SAME WHEELS!!

Sorry to hear that Bro... I hope this can get resolved fast.
Old 09-05-13, 10:54 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

strange... how is that happening when the car is not moving? or did you just pull in? yeah, Blue will probably get to the bottom of it and get you a new wheel or have that one repaired, if that's even possible. it's def not a 1 piece wheel.
Old 09-05-13, 11:02 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 88 Likes on 70 Posts

Never seen that problem before. From the looks of it, it looks like a 2 piece welded wheel. If it were me, I would have taken off the tire to see where that noise is coming from. If tire was off, and the wheel alone makes noise, I'd say RMA
Old 09-05-13, 11:14 AM
mrpartsman
Lexus Test Driver

thanks to Blueprint for handling the warranty issue for me.I just got the phone call from Vossen, and its getting handled, thank you again.
Old 09-05-13, 11:20 AM
mrpartsman
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jadu
Never seen that problem before. From the looks of it, it looks like a 2 piece welded wheel. If it were me, I would have taken off the tire to see where that noise is coming from. If tire was off, and the wheel alone makes noise, I'd say RMA
I have taken the wheels off and tried to listen to it while its hot and when u tap on it u can hear where some parts are actually hallow as I mentioned.as I said not everything is made perfect and I guess it was my luck.
Old 09-05-13, 11:27 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 88 Likes on 70 Posts

^^ oh ok. well, glad to hear this is goin to get fixed
Old 09-05-13, 12:04 PM
bean006
Driver

Yeah!!!

Glad to know that Vossen Team is on top of things. This gives great comfort to Vossen fans like myself!
Old 09-17-13, 04:56 AM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So many horror stories of vossen customers getting denied warranty lately...I understand there are lemons in products but damn that's some horrible service.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Defect Vossen wheels,warranty denied ?? (resolved)