GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

22ple vx1 pro glass coating

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-13, 09:24 AM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts
Default 22ple vx1 pro glass coating

Does anyone know where I can get this from, Detailers Domain doesn't carry it anymore.
Old 05-16-13, 11:42 AM
rad-man
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Opti-coat is the new coolaid.

http://www.detailersdomain.com/Optim...t-2_p_326.html
Old 05-16-13, 12:24 PM
bigblack06

Originally Posted by rad-man
Lol yeah found that out, Phil emailed me and I'm gonna go with that.
Old 05-16-13, 12:59 PM
jsch222
Advanced

Received 258 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by rad-man
Just got mine......It's going to be a holiday weekend project next week.
Old 05-16-13, 12:59 PM
jsch222
Advanced

Received 258 Likes on 160 Posts

Auto Geek has it for the same price but you can get free shipping with code ship50

You also get a free micro fiber rag (although that's worth about $.50)
Old 05-16-13, 02:50 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by bigblack06
Does anyone know where I can get this from, Detailers Domain doesn't carry it anymore.
22PLE is a great coating. the gloss level is ridiculous, but it's not permanent 2yrs max. OC 2.0 is permanent and more durable.
Old 05-16-13, 03:00 PM
bigblack06

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
22PLE is a great coating. the gloss level is ridiculous, but it's not permanent 2yrs max. OC 2.0 is permanent and more durable.
Was wondering when you would chip in. I of your PM just pm'd you.
Old 05-16-13, 03:33 PM
1111GS

Received 90 Likes on 78 Posts

I did a search and detailedimage.com has it. I have not bought stuff from them but it looks like they have a good selection of everything. I agree with Syd. OC 2 is probably a better choice although 22PLE gives you the amazing glossy look. At some point I will get OC 2 to replace my 22PLE.
A side note, I don't know what it is. Maybe Syd can chime in. It rained yesterday. I walked towards my car expecting it to be covered with dust and water spots. I was pleasantly surprised to see that it looked almost as clean as when I left the house in the morning I'm not sure if the air was clean yesterday or it's what I have on my car. I've had 22PLE for a few months now, been washing with ONR and also applied SNS over it. Could this be the long term effect of 22PLE?
Old 05-16-13, 04:25 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Was wondering when you would chip in. I of your PM just pm'd you.
sorry for the delay . had to pick up my stock wheels, left them at Precision Installation when the put they Vossens on. then i had to go to party city for my daughters birthday party... it never ends.

Originally Posted by bnlexus
I did a search and detailedimage.com has it. I have not bought stuff from them but it looks like they have a good selection of everything. I agree with Syd. OC 2 is probably a better choice although 22PLE gives you the amazing glossy look. At some point I will get OC 2 to replace my 22PLE.
A side note, I don't know what it is. Maybe Syd can chime in. It rained yesterday. I walked towards my car expecting it to be covered with dust and water spots. I was pleasantly surprised to see that it looked almost as clean as when I left the house in the morning I'm not sure if the air was clean yesterday or it's what I have on my car. I've had 22PLE for a few months now, been washing with ONR and also applied SNS over it. Could this be the long term effect of 22PLE?
it's the SNS... amazing stuff . the ONR probably had a hand in it also, but the SNS is amazing. glad to hear you're coming over to the dark side (OC 2.0). then you'll really see the ONR/ONRWW shine. i just ordered opti-clean and a gallon of ONRWW. i'm hooked.
Old 05-16-13, 05:55 PM
bigblack06

sorry for the delay . had to pick up my stock wheels, left them at Precision Installation when the put they Vossens on. then i had to go to party city for my daughters birthday party... it never ends.
Actually was wondering if when this stuff arrives do you think my car will stop looking like crap when it rains. I swear every time it rains my car looks like straight crap, like I drove it through mud, for some reason I don't think that is normal when I see other cars that look clean still after it rains
Old 05-16-13, 07:58 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Actually was wondering if when this stuff arrives do you think my car will stop looking like crap when it rains. I swear every time it rains my car looks like straight crap, like I drove it through mud, for some reason I don't think that is normal when I see other cars that look clean still after it rains
after you apply the OC 2.0, wait about 7 days before you wash her and then apply a coat of Sonax Polymer Net Shield. You'll def see the difference. I had a LP loaner and applied SNS on the passenger side front fender. After a day of rain the treated side had a few beads of water and was still clean as opposed to the untreated drivers fender which had hella water on it and did not look clean. Took pics but deleted them... Something told me I would need them.
Old 05-16-13, 08:09 PM
bigblack06

after you apply the OC 2.0, wait about 7 days before you wash her and then apply a coat of Sonax Polymer Net Shield. You'll def see the difference. I had a LP loaner and applied SNS on the passenger side front fender. After a day of rain the treated side had a few beads of water and was still clean as opposed to the untreated drivers fender which had hella water on it and did not look clean. Took pics but deleted them... Something told me I would need them.
Lol yes this was def that moment, but I will def try that thanks man
Old 05-16-13, 09:43 PM
larryinWA
Pole Position

After reading many threads from you guys, i ordered about $600 of stuff for my starter kit, including the 22ple. I missed the SNS. What's SNS? I think I need some.
Old 05-16-13, 11:55 PM
rad-man
Rookie

Sonax Polymer Net Shield
Old 05-17-13, 11:46 AM
larryinWA
Pole Position

If i have to polish & seal once a year, that works. I'm not sure i want a permanent sealant. It probably won't turn out to be permanent any way.

Quick Reply: 22ple vx1 pro glass coating