GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

22ple vx1 pro glass coating

Old 05-20-13, 12:22 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by larryinWA
It's leading to 22ple. i bought enough for my car & my wife's car and plan to apply it soon, before the trip to CA. i need to expand my knowledge base before i to the 22ple. I did sidetrack for a while, though. Since we've sidetracked, ,though, what cigars does everyone enjoy after a long day of claying and polishing, in preparation for applying the 22ple? how about an Arturo Fuente Gran Reserva?
lol... Unfortunately I don't do cigars. Are you going to apply the 22PLE urself? If so, it should be done inside which I'm sure you know and after you're done it should be inside for 12 hrs. It can't be exposed to any elements... Hope you have lots of cigars because you're going to be inside for a while.
Old 05-20-13, 01:58 PM
larryinWA
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll do it myself. My garage is full of woodworking stuff, but i could use my son's or daughter's garages. What are the consequences of it being exposed? Probably less traffic at my son's place, but i'd have more cleaning to do there. For how long do i need to be concerned about dust particles adhering to the sealant? How sterile does it need to be? I Quit smoking cigarettes after 40 years, but I think it's ok to have an occasional cigar.
Old 05-20-13, 02:34 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

I'll do it myself. My garage is full of woodworking stuff, but i could use my son's or daughter's garages. What are the consequences of it being exposed? Probably less traffic at my son's place, but i'd have more cleaning to do there. For how long do i need to be concerned about dust particles adhering to the sealant? How sterile does it need to be? I Quit smoking cigarettes after 40 years, but I think it's ok to have an occasional cigar.
as long as the garage door is closed you should be fine and as long as it's not too hot in there. don't think there's much you can do about dust particles unless you put the car in a huge ziploc that's airtight.
Old 05-20-13, 04:06 PM
larryinWA
Pole Position

That works for me. Thanks Syd!
Old 06-12-13, 12:06 AM
larryinWA
Pole Position

For those that have applied 22ple, did you apply and buff by hand, or did you use your DA? I'm getting close to the day where i have to apply it. The box refers to their website for detailed instructions, but I can't find anything on their website.
Old 06-12-13, 04:55 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

For those that have applied 22ple, did you apply and buff by hand, or did you use your DA? I'm getting close to the day where i have to apply it. The box refers to their website for detailed instructions, but I can't find anything on their website.
you should apply it the old fashioned way... by hand.
Old 06-13-13, 11:47 PM
larryinWA
Pole Position

I'm getting close to 22ple day (saturday). I'll be done polishing friday. Will probably have to do some touch up before applying the coating. Then a wash. I bet I'll have 60 hours of prep on this. I can't wait to be done! Outside lighting is lacking. It would be nice to work in a garage where I could control the lighting, bu my woodworking tools need the garage. I need to build a wood shop in the backyard.
Old 06-14-13, 12:28 AM
onexcite
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Sound like a plan for your weekend. Post some pics here after you're done. Picture speaks thousand words.