Browse all: Lexus IS Brake Guides
Print Wikipost

Low Dust Brake Pads for F-Sport

Old 03-26-13, 09:11 PM
ChuH
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2
Since we don't have any options, try Wolf's Rim Shield. It keeps the dust off to a certain extent, and when there is dust it is much easier to clean. Detailer's Domain carries it.
I had already two coats of Rim Shield even before the tires were mounted. After a day or two the front is noticeably darker (brake dust) than the shiny rear. About a week later the front is almost light black. Yes with Rim Shield it is easier to clean.
Old 06-16-13, 03:52 PM
JOELC
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Update on ceramic pads

Bendix (the company who makes make of the OEM brakes on the market) has the back ceramic Low Dust brake pads for the REAR WHEEL FSPORT. The part # is 1391. They are working on the fronts but no release date yet. Akebono is also working on a front set but no release date yet.
Old 06-16-13, 08:21 PM
mrpartsman
Lexus Test Driver

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by JOELC
Bendix (the company who makes make of the OEM brakes on the market) has the back ceramic Low Dust brake pads for the REAR WHEEL FSPORT. The part # is 1391. They are working on the fronts but no release date yet. Akebono is also working on a front set but no release date yet.
Do not put Bendix on that car u are asking for headaches, trust me I sell auto parts and I know, I will take Akebono anytime over any pad, the are amazing, I use it on all my cars, and u get wht u pay for.
Old 03-31-14, 03:40 PM
JOELC
Rookie

Default Update on low dust pads f sport rwd

I have been in contact with every brake manufacturer from Bendix to EBC over the winter waiting for a ceramic low dust pad. It seems Centric, one of the largest oem brake manufacturers has one out. I have ordered it and received it. I will be putting them on the 2nd week of april and i will let you know if they fit and how it goes.

Just wanted to send a quick update for all those dying to get something on before this season. The dust completely scored my OEM wheels over the winter. No way I want another summer of bad dust with my summer wheels on.

Will keep you posted.

Last edited by JOELC; 03-31-14 at 03:42 PM. Reason: BB
Old 04-01-14, 06:13 AM
ChuH
Lexus Test Driver

Are you sure it is for the GS350 F-Sport RWD and not for the GS350 or GS350 F-Sport AWD? The F-Sport RWD is different from the other two models. I checked Centric website and they didn't have any models specific for the F-Sport RWD. Do you have the part number for the part you had received? Going to get a RC-F so going to stop spending on my GS. But still curious though if they do have a brake pad available.
Old 04-19-14, 12:38 PM
JOELC
Rookie

Default Finally low dust pad for rwd gs350f!!!!!

SO AFTER TWO YEARS OF WAITING AND JUST IN TIME FOR SPRING THE FRONT AND REAR PADS FROM CENTRIC FIT PERFECTLY!! FINALLY A CERAMIC LOW DUST PAD FOR THE RWD GS350F SPORT!!

ONLY ISSUE IS YOU MUST REPLACE THE ROTORS WITH LEXUS OEM. I TRIED AFTERMARKET AND THEY DIDNT WORK. THE ROTORS ARE A TWO PIECE CONSTRUCTION. BETTER USE THEM TO BE SAFE.

PART # FOR THE PADS ARE AS FOLLOWS:

FRONT: CENTRIC 105.11180 POSI-QUIET CERAMIC

REAR: CENTRIC 105.13911 POSI-QUIET CERAMIC

GOT MINE ON EBAY FOR APPROX $30.00 A SET. AGAIN, THEY FIT REGARDLESS OF WHAT OTHER BRAKE RETAIL COMPUTERS SAY. CENTRIC IS THE ONLY COMPANY THAT DID THE RESEARCH AND PUT THEM ON THE MARKET. OTHER COMPANIES HAVEN'T EVEN GOT OUT OF BED ON THIS ISSUE YET!! CENTRIC IS THE BOMB!!!

HAPPY DRIVING!!
Old 04-19-14, 04:14 PM
ChuH
Lexus Test Driver

Just curious have you install it yet? Base on Centric website and part number you provided they listed the part for the standard RWD but exclude F-Sport.

http://centriccatalog.com/Inquiry/Ap...3&m=75&mm=5861

Chu...
Old 04-21-14, 06:50 AM
JOELC
Rookie

Hey ChuH long time no speak! Hope all is well. Yes, I have them installed. I even called Centric before hand and they confirmed it. The issue is Lexus changed part numbers without changing anything on the part!

They work.

Also, for those who dont know Centric is one of the largest OEM makers of brake parts in North America so its a good product.
Old 05-05-14, 12:45 PM
JOELC
Rookie

Default Update: Low dust pads for 2011 fit 2013 f sport rwd!!!

After almost 2 years of research and disgustingly dirty wheels, all the while waiting for a ceramic pad to fit lexus's "so called" new brake pad part number, turns out any pad that fits the 2011 is 350 or the gs 460 or even the gs350 will fit the 2013 rwd f-sport!!

for example:
Ebc red stuff part number dp 31589c d1118 will fit the fronts.
Bendix cq ceramics part number 1586 will fit the fronts.
Akebono proact ceramic part number act1118 will fit the fronts.

Etc etc. Etc

f**'n lexus man! It really bugs me why they would change a part number when the pad is the same part as in previous years!! This stupid logic cost us all a lot of headache and needless wait for a low dust pad.

Anyway, happy shopping.
Old 12-01-14, 03:48 PM
az-dave
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Gunna be doing my fronts here soon. Lexus tried to get my wife for $500....$500 for front brakes.

Nice guys hahahaha
Old 12-01-14, 04:06 PM
az-dave
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

But...Before I go pulling trigger on new brake pads, anyone ehere have some info/opinions on best brand right now?

Centric seems to be popular now, but Im not familiar with them, and one time, long ago, based on all the hype, I ran Acebonos and really didnt like them.
Old 12-02-14, 12:46 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

Do u have to resurface the rotors when u change brake pads?
Old 12-08-14, 07:33 AM
JOELC
Rookie

Default Try Akebono again. Use OEM Pad Plates

Originally Posted by az-dave
But...Before I go pulling trigger on new brake pads, anyone ehere have some info/opinions on best brand right now?

Centric seems to be popular now, but Im not familiar with them, and one time, long ago, based on all the hype, I ran Acebonos and really didnt like them.
Try Akebono again. Great company! I ordered a set and love them. Also, you will need to change your rotors for sure. I didnt do that first time and the brakes squeaked. I called Akebono and they sent me another set absolutely free to try again! I have had them on for approx 8 months now. Very low dust. No squeaking.

Also, $500 is a joke. Lexus will also not allow you to use your own aftermarket parts. Find someone cheaper. I watched the mechanic do mine first time. Fronts are so easy. 2nd time I did them myself.

IMPORTANT:: Just make sure you use the OEM pad plates that came with the car. Works best that way.
Old 12-08-14, 07:35 AM
JOELC
Rookie

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
Do u have to resurface the rotors when u change brake pads?
100% you have to change your rotors if you have had them on more than a few months. If not the brakes will squeak. I would use OEM rotors. Lexus cars are so finicky.
Old 12-08-14, 08:52 AM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by JOELC
100% you have to change your rotors if you have had them on more than a few months. If not the brakes will squeak. I would use OEM rotors. Lexus cars are so finicky.
A few months on rotors?! That's wrong. You don't need to change them until much later down the road. Dealer also quoted me $600 to change front pads and resurface rotors. Bought the pads on Sewell and took it to a local shop to change them for $100. They said resurfacing is not necessary. Brakes worked flawlessly with no squeaks.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Low Dust Brake Pads for F-Sport