GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Calvin's Buildthread

Old 02-14-14, 03:33 PM
GM11
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Please forgive me and I know I am going to be in the minority here – and I’m probably old enough to be your Dad and have an OEM (other than tinted windows) tech+ GS4, so take these comments with a grain of salt but, I don’t like it.

It’s your car and each to their own of course and I’d normally be quiet but I’m only mentioning this because I thought your car was the nicest GS I had ever seen (in post 43 of this thread).

The wheels looked fantastic, the gap between the wheel arches and the rims looked completely natural and the reason I loved it so much was how effortless the look was. Now, it looks like you have tried too hard to make the car look “cool” Lowered cars are everywhere.

Your car now certainly appeals to car enthusiasts I’m sure, but the great thing about before was that it actually looked OEM (but better than what Lexus could do) and the 99.9% of the population who don’t know an ES from a GS but know Lexus is a lux brand like a BM or Merc would have looked at your car and thought wow, look at that awesome looking car – a Lexus! What is that – it says GS?

It’s a bit like plastic surgery on your face. You might want a stranger to see your nose is not crooked or whatever – but if you do too much the average person does not really think about whether you look good or bad – they just notice you’ve had plastic surgery.

Anyway, I apologize and really mean no offence. I’ll fetch my coat….
Old 02-14-14, 04:46 PM
HyperMKIV
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by GM11
Please forgive me and I know I am going to be in the minority here – and I’m probably old enough to be your Dad and have an OEM (other than tinted windows) tech+ GS4, so take these comments with a grain of salt but, I don’t like it.

It’s your car and each to their own of course and I’d normally be quiet but I’m only mentioning this because I thought your car was the nicest GS I had ever seen (in post 43 of this thread).

The wheels looked fantastic, the gap between the wheel arches and the rims looked completely natural and the reason I loved it so much was how effortless the look was. Now, it looks like you have tried too hard to make the car look “cool” Lowered cars are everywhere.

Your car now certainly appeals to car enthusiasts I’m sure, but the great thing about before was that it actually looked OEM (but better than what Lexus could do) and the 99.9% of the population who don’t know an ES from a GS but know Lexus is a lux brand like a BM or Merc would have looked at your car and thought wow, look at that awesome looking car – a Lexus! What is that – it says GS?

It’s a bit like plastic surgery on your face. You might want a stranger to see your nose is not crooked or whatever – but if you do too much the average person does not really think about whether you look good or bad – they just notice you’ve had plastic surgery.

Anyway, I apologize and really mean no offence. I’ll fetch my coat….
This is why I like our forum. People can voice their opinions without being too abrasive.

I think it's great that you don't like the car. Everyone has likes and dislikes and I actually really like this post.

I know Calvin personally and I really do not think he will take this offensively. Just thought I'd throw in a couple cents here
Old 03-09-14, 01:41 PM
richng
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Calvin - any more pics how about the video??
Old 03-09-14, 02:15 PM
Schmexus
Lead Lap

I agree with the old guy. Not that I "dislike" the way it sits now, but I like the way it WAS better. Its still a beautiful car, but I fear anymore surgery will push it into the Micheal Jackson category.
Old 03-09-14, 08:44 PM
spotxc
Pit Crew

Received 125 Likes on 37 Posts

Whats the finish of those work wheels called? Looks stunning!
Old 03-10-14, 05:16 PM
razo168
Driver School Candidate

Beautiful CAR! I remember you from the G35 Days!
Old 03-21-14, 09:37 AM
spotxc
Pit Crew

Received 125 Likes on 37 Posts

Really would like to know the name of this wheel finish/color if anybody can help pls
Old 05-15-14, 10:17 AM
calvinchan
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Parting out...
Letting air+management go for good price. Please local if not within the country.

Air runner w/ airrex management. Driven about 1.5k miles if not less on the kit.. Cars always in the garage I don't even drive to work lol..

Email me at calvinchan90@gmail.com

Thanks.