GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

beading after the rain...

Old 02-26-13, 12:00 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by bnlexus
This guy will find any reason to drive the GS. Do they still make you pay for sale tax? Dropping the car off today.... will get her back before the weekends.
it's funny because i've been in the car alot lately. it seems to be driving better, and i've got 8K on the ODO. my MPG is improving. i get a nice discount here and there. you'll probably suffer from separation anxiety without her but it will pass. but when you see her after the detail it will all be worth it. take your DSLR and snap some pics as soon as you pull it out of the shop. i can't wait to see her in all her shining glory .
Old 02-26-13, 01:10 PM
stick22
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

everytime i clean my car, i feel bad about driving it out and getting it all dirty.

i take the extra long way to go home since the shorter way has a dusty construction zone. my wife thinks it is borderline excessive/obsessive
Old 02-26-13, 01:37 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by stick22
everytime i clean my car, i feel bad about driving it out and getting it all dirty.

i take the extra long way to go home since the shorter way has a dusty construction zone. my wife thinks it is borderline excessive/obsessive
it's called OCD, but it's all good 90% of us on this forum suffer from the same condition.
Old 02-26-13, 02:08 PM
stick22
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
it's called OCD, but it's all good 90% of us on this forum suffer from the same condition.
it's CDO, that's OCD in alphabetical order. like it should be
Old 02-28-13, 08:32 AM
1111GS

Received 89 Likes on 77 Posts

it's funny because i've been in the car alot lately. it seems to be driving better, and i've got 8K on the ODO. my MPG is improving. i get a nice discount here and there. you'll probably suffer from separation anxiety without her but it will pass. but when you see her after the detail it will all be worth it. take your DSLR and snap some pics as soon as you pull it out of the shop. i can't wait to see her in all her shining glory .
That"s great that you get discount for your drive... I meant since you're from NY, they shouldn't charge you for their sale tax.
I've been ready. The battery is fully charged with new batteries in the external flash. Will take some pictures in and outside his garage.
Old 02-28-13, 09:03 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bnlexus
That"s great that you get discount for your drive... I meant since you're from NY, they shouldn't charge you for their sale tax.
I've been ready. The battery is fully charged with new batteries in the external flash. Will take some pictures in and outside his garage.
you know we love car ****.
Old 02-28-13, 11:08 AM
bigblack06

Received 315 Likes on 219 Posts

you know we love car ****.
Hey what's your view on the Wolf's wheel wax, is it worth it or not. PS: I already purchased it.
Old 02-28-13, 01:12 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bigblack06
Hey what's your view on the Wolf's wheel wax, is it worth it or not. PS: I already purchased it.
i have not used this product. i read some reviews and the people that have used it are saying it's a good product. i have used Wolfs Rim Shield, and i can say that it is a great coating for your wheels. after my last detail Phil removed my wheels and coated them with OC 2.0... don't think i'll ever use anything else as far as wheel protection, and you know the OC 2.0 is permanent so you'll never have to worry about it wearing off. my wheels always look like i just washed them, and i no longer need wheel brushes, just soap, water and a wash mitt.
Old 02-28-13, 05:40 PM
bigblack06

i have not used this product. i read some reviews and the people that have used it are saying it's a good product. i have used Wolfs Rim Shield, and i can say that it is a great coating for your wheels. after my last detail Phil removed my wheels and coated them with OC 2.0... don't think i'll ever use anything else as far as wheel protection, and you know the OC 2.0 is permanent so you'll never have to worry about it wearing off. my wheels always look like i just washed them, and i no longer need wheel brushes, just soap, water and a wash mitt.
Lol, it is that the wolf's rim shield from detailer's domain. I used it today and my wheels look so clean and shiny, I'm hoping to test it tomorrow since its raining. I will look into the OC 2.0 does Phil sell it there.
Old 02-28-13, 07:40 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Lol, it is that the wolf's rim shield from detailer's domain. I used it today and my wheels look so clean and shiny, I'm hoping to test it tomorrow since its raining. I will look into the OC 2.0 does Phil sell it there.
oh... ok , so you got the Rim Shield. it's very good, be sure to apply atleast 4 coats. it's so easy it's a crime. you can probably put 4 coats on all your wheels in half an hour. yes Phil has OC 2.0, that dude has damn near everything. we will have a stretch of 6 days without rain and in the 40s'. so i'm going to give my boo a proper bath tomorrow.
Old 03-01-13, 06:56 AM
bigblack06

oh... ok , so you got the Rim Shield. it's very good, be sure to apply atleast 4 coats. it's so easy it's a crime. you can probably put 4 coats on all your wheels in half an hour. yes Phil has OC 2.0, that dude has damn near everything. we will have a stretch of 6 days without rain and in the 40s'. so i'm going to give my boo a proper bath tomorrow.
Lol, didn't know 4 coats, only did one. Yeah she is getting treated to the spa tomorrow, my professional detail is tomorrow so I can't wait to treat her. The sonax netshield is it just one spray and then wipe or do I need to treat it like wax.
Old 03-01-13, 07:36 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Lol, didn't know 4 coats, only did one. Yeah she is getting treated to the spa tomorrow, my professional detail is tomorrow so I can't wait to treat her. The sonax netshield is it just one spray and then wipe or do I need to treat it like wax.
4 coats will insure even coverage on all the wheels, 2 coats are good, although i applied 4 just because. if she's going to the spa you should hold off on the Rim Shield until you get her back. or you can ask them to apply it for you. the Net shield should be sprayed on a foam applicator and applied to half the door, half the hood, etc. and wiped off, "DO NOT LET IT DRY". if you want you can also ask the detailer to apply it for you. you can spray it directly on the car but to avoid overspray i spray it on the foam app pad and apply in straight line motions. oh, don't use one spray. you can use 4 or 5 because you want to prime the pad and make sure that the pad doesn't suck up the net shield, so you want some product on it so that you don't rub a dry app pad against your paint. i use the 4 section method on the hood , and the 2 section method on the trunk, roof and doors.
Old 03-01-13, 07:41 AM
bigblack06

4 coats will insure even coverage on all the wheels, 2 coats are good, although i applied 4 just because. if she's going to the spa you should hold off on the Rim Shield until you get her back. or you can ask them to apply it for you. the Net shield should be sprayed on a foam applicator and applied to half the door, half the hood, etc. and wiped off, "DO NOT LET IT DRY". if you want you can also ask the detailer to apply it for you. you can spray it directly on the car but to avoid overspray i spray it on the foam app pad and apply in straight line motions. oh, don't use one spray. you can use 4 or 5 because you want to prime the pad and make sure that the pad doesn't suck up the net shield, so you want some product on it so that you don't rub a dry app pad against your paint. i use the 4 section method on the hood , and the 2 section method on the trunk, roof and doors.
Yeah I didn't use a foam pad was using a microfiber, I have asked him to put the rim shield on, he said no problem, I will also ask him to put the net-shield as well. I do use the section method but wasn't sure since it feels like this bottle will only last a couple of applications. Thanks, I've always taken care of my cars but this is a new league with these products, just want to be sure.
Old 03-01-13, 01:02 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Yeah I didn't use a foam pad was using a microfiber, I have asked him to put the rim shield on, he said no problem, I will also ask him to put the net-shield as well. I do use the section method but wasn't sure since it feels like this bottle will only last a couple of applications. Thanks, I've always taken care of my cars but this is a new league with these products, just want to be sure.
i have 2 coats of Net Shield on the car and there's still plenty left for about 4 more applications.