GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Stuck between 2 colors

Old 02-20-13, 09:14 AM
Vossen Wheels
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Both colors are really great, that's a tough call! Starfire Pearl is such a classic, timeless, Lexus color. The Nebula Grey is a nice, stealthy, dark color and looks especially sharp in F-Sport trim.... I'm torn, but I thnk I'd lean towards the pearl! Either way, can't wait to see which route you go with!
Old 02-20-13, 11:15 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

So what is the theory behind choosing a white car? Less maintenance? I'll argue that white has no depth, whatsoever. I like my car to shine and be nice to look at. White does not give me that impression...no matter how clean it is. I've owned a grey, red, dark blue and now this crimson red color. The dark blue, by a huge margin was the best to look at, but an absolute nightmare to keep clean. My wife's silver car is very easy to clean, because it hides dirt and polish that wasn't fully wiped off, very well.
Old 02-20-13, 11:48 AM
jscgs350
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My vote is Nebula, same as mine and I love the color and contrast compared to SP.
Old 02-20-13, 12:59 PM
LexusVet
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive always had white cars, I thought I would try something different and got smokey granite on an RX350 which Lexus replaced with NG. Boy was that a mistake you saw every little chip and scratch on it I swore it would be the last dark color so I traded it in for a SP GX460, Last month I special ordered a SP GS350. White lasts forever, I agree doesnt have as much depth as other colors but its timeless and holds up well.

Last edited by LexusVet; 02-20-13 at 04:30 PM.
Old 02-20-13, 02:55 PM
sprtent
Pit Crew

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

I am a Lexus guy and I always like white cars. With what Lexus had stood for for me over the years (reliability, smooth, timeless, classics, elegance, etc), white Lexus cars fitted me like a T. If someone ask my nephews what color is uncle's new car, the immediate response will be "white" when they don't even know what kind of car it is My LX was white, my RX's were white, but my most previous 07 GS450h was SGM.

I loved my former 07 GS450h dearly in that color (plus APSSS), but with it being a hybrid and at 7x,000 miles, I had to let it go before it depreciated in value further. There is something different about a GS versus other Lexus. While a GS retains all the afore-mentioned attributes that make Lexus famous, it's also has some improved handling and sportier driving than the rest of the line up (before LFA and IS-F time). Some people went as far as quoting a GS is the only Lexus they will drive.

That brings me up to why my 13 GS F-Sport is NG. One word: "F-Sport". I too was choosing between white and grey, and at the time both were with Cabernet, but the white one also had HUD. Beside the invisible suspension feature of an F-Sport, the agressive front fasca and especially the wheels are what differentiate it from the regular/lux GS. None of the other colors give the car the "F-Sport look" together with the F-Sport wheels as much as NG, to me. I am actually happier with the decision to go with NG for my F-Sport GS everyday Personally, I would say NG is the only "F-Sport appropriate/proper" color. I do realize i'm in the minority here
Old 02-20-13, 03:45 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,497 Likes on 1,800 Posts

The Nebula doesn't quite do it for me. Something about it just seems flat...I preferred the previous Smokey Granite Mica color. So I'd vote for Starfire.
Old 02-20-13, 05:25 PM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -

Received 117 Likes on 44 Posts

sfp looks good on non fsport 4gs

if your getting fsport id go with Nebgray
Old 02-20-13, 05:54 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I actually went with LP, but my second choice would have been Nebula Gray hands down. SP seems to be the runaway favorite... I see them everywhere... but I think the NG is more distinctive and fits the F Sport model well.
Old 02-20-13, 07:27 PM
052SI
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you mix SP with NG you get LP.

I think it boils down to if you want the car almost the same color as the f sport dark rims, if so its NG. We were in a smilar situation and loved the white but the contrast of the dark rims was a bit too much for my wife (it will be her car) the nebular looks great with the rims. We also love the LP color. We have a depo on one with the cab interior by default as there were no LP with black f sports available and the LP/cab is due at the port on Monday
Old 02-20-13, 10:17 PM
thedwp
Rookie

Originally Posted by Chris8152
SP is a nice colour but i wanted something a little darker

[IMG][/IMG]
WOW! It's hard to argue with this shot...that looks amazing!
Old 02-20-13, 10:23 PM
thedwp
Rookie

Originally Posted by sprtent
I am a Lexus guy and I always like white cars. With what Lexus had stood for for me over the years (reliability, smooth, timeless, classics, elegance, etc), white Lexus cars fitted me like a T. If someone ask my nephews what color is uncle's new car, the immediate response will be "white" when they don't even know what kind of car it is My LX was white, my RX's were white, but my most previous 07 GS450h was SGM.

I loved my former 07 GS450h dearly in that color (plus APSSS), but with it being a hybrid and at 7x,000 miles, I had to let it go before it depreciated in value further. There is something different about a GS versus other Lexus. While a GS retains all the afore-mentioned attributes that make Lexus famous, it's also has some improved handling and sportier driving than the rest of the line up (before LFA and IS-F time). Some people went as far as quoting a GS is the only Lexus they will drive.

That brings me up to why my 13 GS F-Sport is NG. One word: "F-Sport". I too was choosing between white and grey, and at the time both were with Cabernet, but the white one also had HUD. Beside the invisible suspension feature of an F-Sport, the agressive front fasca and especially the wheels are what differentiate it from the regular/lux GS. None of the other colors give the car the "F-Sport look" together with the F-Sport wheels as much as NG, to me. I am actually happier with the decision to go with NG for my F-Sport GS everyday Personally, I would say NG is the only "F-Sport appropriate/proper" color. I do realize i'm in the minority here
ok this really makes sense...I too love white cars, especially the Lexus white...but I think you hit the nail on the head with how the wheels look with the NG as opposed to the white.

thanks!