GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models
View Poll Results: Do you intend to subscribe to Lexus Enform and/or Safety Connect?
Yes, both Enform and Safety Connect @ $265 per year
23.08%
Yes, but Safety Connect only @ $140 per year
17.31%
No, I don't see the value in continuing these services
59.62%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Lexus Enform with Safety Connect

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-13, 08:23 AM
LexusGSFGO
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lexus Enform with Safety Connect

My one year trial is almost up and was wondering what people thought about this service. I've used destination assist maybe three times, but I love eDestination. On the other hand the Safety Connect feature gives you some peace of mind in case of an accident or theft. I wonder if I let it expire, will Lexus offer discounted rates? $265 a year seems pretty steep. Is this something that most people continue?

Last edited by LexusGSFGO; 02-06-13 at 08:31 AM.
Old 02-06-13, 08:44 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

you should have added "IDK"... i'm 80% sure i'm gong to renew the service Enform/Connect.
Old 02-06-13, 09:23 AM
betashave
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm voting yes to both as of right now. We've only had our GS for less than 2 weeks and right now Enform is working fine for my wife with the Pandora app and she loves it. If we run into problems like others have had over the course of the first year, I may change my mind on this. In that case, I would just stick with the Safety Connect service.

My hope is that Lexus continues to improve the service and its reliability over the course of the year so that renewing is a "no-brainer" once I reach the time to decide.
Old 02-06-13, 11:42 AM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

I would renew the saftey connect and thats about it, I have found the Enform system to be worthless it never works with my iPhone 5. I think I have given up unless it is fixed soon I wouldn't pay for that.
Old 02-06-13, 01:34 PM
LexusGSFGO
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusGSFGO
My one year trial is almost up and was wondering what people thought about this service. I've used destination assist maybe three times, but I love eDestination. On the other hand the Safety Connect feature gives you some peace of mind in case of an accident or theft. I wonder if I let it expire, will Lexus offer discounted rates? $265 a year seems pretty steep. Is this something that most people continue?
Just to be clear, the Enform portion includes Destination Assist (i.e. talk to a live person for directions) and eDestination, where you can set your destination(s) on the web, and have them downloaded to your vehicle in neat organized folders.

The Enform Suite, on the other hand, is Pandora, Bing, I heart Radio, etc. That service is $7.00 per month, but so far, Lexus has extended the free trial for another year.
Old 02-10-13, 07:50 AM
hziemba
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Angry

The only service I would even consider getting is Safety Connect, and that only for the automatic call when you're in a major accident. If I break down, I carry a cell phone, and know how to use it. If my car is stolen, that will be a good time to buy the service to find the car.

Enform doesn't do anything that I can't do from my iPhone, except to have somebody look up directions for me or make reservations. I have a pretty good Nav system in the car, so I don't need somebody to enter the destination. As to the music, I have Pandora and Sirius Radio on my iPhone and can stream audio over BT.

How many of you have read the services agreement for Enform? It has loopholes big enough to drive a truck through. IANAL, but when they list the information that they collect as "including, but not limited to", that means -anything- they want. This a huge data grab on their part, so they can make money off of it. Think about it - they want to learn how to manipulate you, using what they learn about you. Yes, a lot of other companies are doing this too, but these people want over $250/yr, and that after you paid a LOT of $$$ for the car!
Old 02-10-13, 09:10 AM
dezymond
Instructor

Received 430 Likes on 270 Posts

I'll probably opt for safety connect since I don't even use the enform stuff.
Old 02-10-13, 10:31 AM
williakz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Does anyone think the "SOS" button does NOT work even if subscription has expired?
Old 02-10-13, 10:50 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by williakz
Does anyone think the "SOS" button does NOT work even if subscription has expired?
there's only one way to find out...
Old 02-10-13, 11:01 AM
Leo23
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hziemba
The only service I would even consider getting is Safety Connect, and that only for the automatic call when you're in a major accident. If I break down, I carry a cell phone, and know how to use it. If my car is stolen, that will be a good time to buy the service to find the car.

Enform doesn't do anything that I can't do from my iPhone, except to have somebody look up directions for me or make reservations. I have a pretty good Nav system in the car, so I don't need somebody to enter the destination. As to the music, I have Pandora and Sirius Radio on my iPhone and can stream audio over BT.

How many of you have read the services agreement for Enform? It has loopholes big enough to drive a truck through. IANAL, but when they list the information that they collect as "including, but not limited to", that means -anything- they want. This a huge data grab on their part, so they can make money off of it. Think about it - they want to learn how to manipulate you, using what they learn about you. Yes, a lot of other companies are doing this too, but these people want over $250/yr, and that after you paid a LOT of $$$ for the car!
...and if you are in car-trouble in the middle of no where and have no phone connection, it's raining very hard, it's cold and have no umbrella, and its dark night... what would you do?
Old 02-10-13, 12:07 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Leo23
...and if you are in car-trouble in the middle of no where and have no phone connection, it's raining very hard, it's cold and have no umbrella, and its dark night... what would you do?
This is my 3rd Lexus vehicle with Enform and I've never used it once.
The scenario above would never happen in my area.
Old 02-10-13, 12:22 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,521 Likes on 1,819 Posts

If you have no phone connection, how do you know the Enform would have a connection.

And how many years do you pay $250 in case that scenario ever happens to you?

Its cool, I use the Destination Assist from time to time, but to actually PAY for it?
Old 02-10-13, 01:22 PM
Leo23
Driver

Of course, I was just teasing and exaggerating a bit... We all value different things in life.
And you are going to laugh if I tell you that safety connect service gives me a peace of mind and it is one of the main reasons why I bought another kexus.
...Ok most brands in the price range that I looked into do have similar service-surpricingly not Audi and Porsche- correct me please of I'm wrong.

Safety connect works even with my cell phone off!
Old 02-10-13, 01:47 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,521 Likes on 1,819 Posts

Well...it works with your cell phone off...but that doesn't mean it will always work. Its simply cellular technology, depending on where you are it may not have service either.
Old 02-10-13, 02:00 PM
Leo23
Driver

Originally Posted by SW10ES
Well...it works with your cell phone off...but that doesn't mean it will always work. Its simply cellular technology, depending on where you are it may not have service either.
Never thought its infallible. But it's better than nothing... for me.

Quick Reply: Lexus Enform with Safety Connect