GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

2014 Release?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-13, 07:29 AM
BarrettF77
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2014 Release?

I'm looking into this car and have been hearing a lot of things between my dealer and online. I know this car came out about a year and a half ago as a 2013 model. Since it's already at 18 months, when are the 2014 models slated to drop? Also, any news of a blown or v-8 equipped GSF model?
Old 01-28-13, 08:13 AM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Who told you it went on sale 18 months ago? It has only been on sale since Feb 2012 so its only 1 year now. Still some time before the update will come..
Old 01-28-13, 08:16 AM
LexusVet
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I had to guess, following lexus for a number of years, 2014 would release in the fall with little to no changes on 2014 model
Old 01-28-13, 10:57 AM
modthispny
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

curious if 2014 will have the 2014 is gauges and 8 speed auto.

it would be too soon though for those changes.
Old 01-28-13, 11:20 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

the 2014 GS will probably get 1 or 2 minor changes. i doubt we'll see the LFA style gauges ever in a GS. 2015/16 may see some changes. CTM is definitely one of the upgrades.

Last edited by sydtoosic; 01-28-13 at 01:31 PM.
Old 01-28-13, 11:22 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,521 Likes on 1,819 Posts

Yep, it'll be out Aug/September
Old 01-28-13, 07:26 PM
VMM
Driver School Candidate

Agree on the LFA gauges. I doubt it ever shows up in the LS or GS. You'll have to pardon my ignorance as I'm a Lexus newbie. I searched the forum and google multiple times... I could not find out what CTM stands for. Sorry. I too am on the fence. I could pull the trigger and order now or wait and see if the 8 speed shows up or not. I'm a little bit worried about getting a 6 speed and taking a big depreciation hit if an 8 speed is added this next year. My dealer was a bit cryptic about when one could order a 2014 stating that they would be here in the fall. I would think one could order a 2014 in May or June.

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
the 2014 GS will probably get 1 or 2 minor changes. i doubt we'll see the LFA style gauges ever in a GS. 2015/16 may see some changes. CTM is definitely one of the upgrades.
Old 01-28-13, 07:51 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by VMM
Agree on the LFA gauges. I doubt it ever shows up in the LS or GS. You'll have to pardon my ignorance as I'm a Lexus newbie. I searched the forum and google multiple times... I could not find out what CTM stands for. Sorry. I too am on the fence. I could pull the trigger and order now or wait and see if the 8 speed shows up or not. I'm a little bit worried about getting a 6 speed and taking a big depreciation hit if an 8 speed is added this next year. My dealer was a bit cryptic about when one could order a 2014 stating that they would be here in the fall. I would think one could order a 2014 in May or June.
sorry... my bad. i'm so used to acronyms i can't help using them. CTM is the Cross Traffic Monitor system. we won't be seeing an 8 speed GS for the next model... don't think we'll be seeing it for the model after that either. that's JMO.
Old 01-29-13, 06:44 AM
VMM
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
sorry... my bad. i'm so used to acronyms i can't help using them. CTM is the Cross Traffic Monitor system. we won't be seeing an 8 speed GS for the next model... don't think we'll be seeing it for the model after that either. that's JMO.
Thanks. I'll have to look that one up. My local dealer tells me that very few people are getting the upgrades like the heads up display, Lane departure warning, etc. Seems like blind spot monitor is pretty common. My hesitation is the 6 speed versus the 8 speed.
Old 01-29-13, 06:53 AM
BarrettF77
Lead Lap

I'm kind of put off on buying now because of the fact that I missed the december event deals. I was going to buy a Mercedes and the dealer said they ordered a car a month ago and took my deposit and then never did. Instead they wanted more money and wanted to make the deposit non refundable. Needless to say I took my money and my business away.

I wonder when the next good deals will be and how they will compare.
Old 01-29-13, 06:55 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by VMM
Thanks. I'll have to look that one up. My local dealer tells me that very few people are getting the upgrades like the heads up display, Lane departure warning, etc. Seems like blind spot monitor is pretty common. My hesitation is the 6 speed versus the 8 speed.
I would think very few people are getting HUD,Radar Cruise,Lane Departure because very few come in with those options and none in most areas.You have to special order.
6 Speed vs 8 speed isn't a big deal to me.
They'll be some nice improvements in the midcycle refresh model in '15 or '16.
Toyota always holds back things for the refresh to get more sales.
Old 01-29-13, 07:17 AM
VMM
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by BarrettF77
I'm kind of put off on buying now because of the fact that I missed the december event deals. I was going to buy a Mercedes and the dealer said they ordered a car a month ago and took my deposit and then never did. Instead they wanted more money and wanted to make the deposit non refundable. Needless to say I took my money and my business away.

I wonder when the next good deals will be and how they will compare.
Wow. I didn't know they could make a deposit non refundable. My dealer did ask that I put 3k down if I was going to be ordering an unusual color combo. They considered Riviera red and Flaxen to be an unusual color combo. Especially if the car was loaded up with a lot of weird electronic options. They would take a 1k deposit for the black interior. Otherwise dealer was very nice and definitely took the time to explain all the options. Your Mercedes experience is unfortunate. Yup I missed out on all the good December deals also, but with my wife not liking the usual Black, Silver and White that most dealers stack up in their lots, I was hosed to begin with!
Old 01-29-13, 07:38 AM
VMM
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Joeb427
I would think very few people are getting HUD,Radar Cruise,Lane Departure because very few come in with those options and none in most areas.You have to special order.
6 Speed vs 8 speed isn't a big deal to me.
They'll be some nice improvements in the midcycle refresh model in '15 or '16.
Toyota always holds back things for the refresh to get more sales.
True. I like the blind spot option which most seem to have. I'm still surprised that most F-Sports dont come with the Mark Levinson though I know that's controversial and that some people don't like it's sound.
Old 01-29-13, 08:41 AM
modthispny
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ML on F-sport depends on the dealer.

when i got my car, keyes lexus, all f-sports had ML, blind spot, and parking assist.
Old 01-29-13, 10:30 AM
hypnotika
Driver

Originally Posted by modthispny
ML on F-sport depends on the dealer.

when i got my car, keyes lexus, all f-sports had ML, blind spot, and parking assist.
Ditto on that. Almost all the F-sports I looked at in sourthern CA dealerships had ML and BSM.

Quick Reply: 2014 Release?