GS Custom Order Timeframe

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-13, 08:05 PM
bohemiangy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GS Custom Order Timeframe

Hey Guys,

New member here .. ordered a 2013 GS 350-AWD - Obsidian Black /Flaxen with Luxury Pkg, NAV, ML Audio, Pre-Collision System and LKA.. Unfortunately, i ordered it on Dec 22 (missing the Dec 20 cut off for new orders).. dealer is estimating a delivery date of May 2013 .. seems rather long and the wait is killing me -. He told me today that the order should be in the system by tomorrow .. not sure if Lexus sends out any kind of confirmation number or something?

Wanted to know if there are others here who may have placed a custom order in the last 3-4 months and what was their overall experience in terms of the whole process and the waiting time etc.. and if they have received their cars yet?
Old 01-21-13, 08:11 PM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

Seems a little longer than what I was told but if the order has not gone through than that could be true, I was told it would be 100 days waiting time for a special order GS.
Old 01-21-13, 08:44 PM
Chuck W.
Rookie

Ordered on November 13, 2012. On ship now and due in the Port of Long Beach Wednesday, January 23, 2013. Then, another week or two. I am guessing the east coast is a tad longer.
Old 01-21-13, 09:02 PM
LexusVet
Pole Position

just ordered mine last week also, deadline also the 20th of each month I was told 3 1/2 months usually but since it was a bigger dealership it was a possibility they can reserve one on the assembly line and it could be as early as 1 1/2- 2 months I guess we can update each other
Old 01-22-13, 01:37 PM
rlj4246
Pole Position

Ordered mine in April and received it about mid-July. Took 3 months and 2 weeks. It is well worth the wait to get the exact options and color combo you want.
Old 01-22-13, 02:04 PM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Here on the east coast it is 6-10 weeks. Depending on if the order is approved by Lexus
Old 01-22-13, 02:48 PM
Chuck W.
Rookie

Originally Posted by rlj4246
It is well worth the wait to get the exact options and color combo you want.
So true. You spend so much money, you should get what you want. No regrets.
Old 01-23-13, 04:11 PM
bohemiangy
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the reply everyone . I just checked with my dealer and the order was accepted by Lexus... got a valid request No 000068 .. not sure if the request number really says anything except that it is in the system and a wait and watch game now...feeling good that at least there is some progress.
Old 01-25-13, 06:34 PM
hziemba
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bohemiangy
Hey Guys,
Wanted to know if there are others here who may have placed a custom order in the last 3-4 months and what was their overall experience in terms of the whole process and the waiting time etc.. and if they have received their cars yet?
My cutoff was 20 August, and I got mine delivered on 14 December, so that's 4 months. The ship from Japan goes through the Panama Canal, stops at Jacksonville FL and Newark, NJ, before going back.

I wanted the PCS, so ordering was the only option.
Old 01-25-13, 07:24 PM
jman-is350
Lead Lap

It took me a little bit over 7 weeks from the date I ordered my RX350Fsport & GS 350Fsport till the day I took delivery.
Old 01-25-13, 07:33 PM
SoCal1984
Rookie

Originally Posted by jman-is350
It took me a little bit over 7 weeks from the date I ordered my RX350Fsport & GS 350Fsport till the day I took delivery.
I hope I am so lucky.
Old 02-22-13, 09:50 AM
LexusVet
Pole Position

Thanks for the reply everyone . I just checked with my dealer and the order was accepted by Lexus... got a valid request No 000068 .. not sure if the request number really says anything except that it is in the system and a wait and watch game now...feeling good that at least there is some progress.
Any updates I called my dealer and they said it wants in their allocation yet and he would let me know when that was. The wait is absolutely killing me
Old 02-25-13, 08:58 AM
bohemiangy
Driver School Candidate

Called the dealer last week and he was still talking about end of may delivery . I contacted Lexus corporate to express my frustration at a 5+ month wait for a custom order and the fact that they have no way to trace a car or get regular updates.. long story short , they were able to investigate my order and gave me a delivery date in April.. not great but better than end of May the dealer was giving.. you can probably do the same to get a better estimate..one thing I didn't expect is that Lexus called the dealership about my case and gave them a hard time so if you don't want you dealership/sales person to get into trouble, make sure you mention that when contacting Lexus.. kinda sucks that they can't do a better job at communication and keeping customers updated for a 60k+ order but hope this helps.
Old 02-25-13, 09:29 AM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

Called the dealer last week and he was still talking about end of may delivery . I contacted Lexus corporate to express my frustration at a 5+ month wait for a custom order and the fact that they have no way to trace a car or get regular updates.. long story short , they were able to investigate my order and gave me a delivery date in April.. not great but better than end of May the dealer was giving.. you can probably do the same to get a better estimate..one thing I didn't expect is that Lexus called the dealership about my case and gave them a hard time so if you don't want you dealership/sales person to get into trouble, make sure you mention that when contacting Lexus.. kinda sucks that they can't do a better job at communication and keeping customers updated for a 60k+ order but hope this helps.
Yeah they should be like BMW where they give you a order # and you can track the progress of your car being built, as well as a nice little video of it being built. I would have loved that.
Old 02-25-13, 10:40 AM
Outrage
Lead Lap

Chrysler allows buyers to track the vehicle through each step of the manufacturing process via a website. Lexus owners need to call the dealership and ask someone who has no clue. That's not very "premium".

Quick Reply: GS Custom Order Timeframe