GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Got my Starfire/Black F-sport tinted finally!

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-13, 04:56 PM
Malu59RT
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Got my Starfire/Black F-sport tinted finally!

I know tinting a car probably isn't a big deal, but I've been very unimpressed by several tint jobs I've seen on cars tinted from dealerships and other local businesses in the Dallas area. Since I met David at Tritek in Garland, I haven't had anyone else work on my cars, and I even refused my dealership's offer for free tint, so I could make sure I had a quality job done. David did my old Viper with standard 20% tint, and with the expected use of this car, we agreed to go with the Wincos (high IR rejection) tint to help keep the black interior cooler during the Texas summers. I know ceramic tint has been popular, but have heard of difficulty cutting/installing the tint, and issues from it interfering with the cars electronics, so this Wincos tint fit the bill perfect for me. David also had the pattern for this on his plotter, so it was machine cut to provided straight lines, and had micro edges around the window. I couldn't be happier with how much it's transformed the look of my car. Next on the agenda is to black out all the chrome trim, and I think I'll probably just wrap it in vinyl. If you're in the Dallas area, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend David at the Tritek in Garland.

Old 01-21-13, 05:00 PM
HUSKERnKS
Lead Lap

Received 108 Likes on 66 Posts

Looks great!
Old 01-21-13, 05:15 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks very nice! I'll post my Photosync tint in a couple week. The tint will change darkness by 11% based on how sunny it is outside.
Old 01-21-13, 06:26 PM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looking good!!!
Old 01-21-13, 07:25 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

for some reason it looks different, maybe it's the pic and or angle. tint always looks the same to me but your tint looks different... i like it.
Old 01-21-13, 07:45 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Sewell Lexus tinted mine and I have no complaints, but I will try Tritek next time. I live in East Dallas, so Garland is pretty close. Looks great!
Old 01-21-13, 07:53 PM
Vasili
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good, dude.

I would have wanted an extreme dark tint on mine, but had to settle for 35% because of state laws.

My wife said, "Why would you want them any darker? Do you want pele to think you're a drug dealer?"

I said, "I'm retired, at least I'd appear to be a person that makes a lot of money!"
Old 01-21-13, 07:58 PM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

That tint looks like huper optik, which is pretty good, I have never gotten my tint done by the dealership either, only cause they cost more. I go to guy that does the tint for the state troopers in our state. I have never had a problem and its lifetime warranty.
Old 01-21-13, 07:59 PM
concavo
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Not to dark not to light, Perfect!
Old 01-21-13, 08:13 PM
Malu59RT
Driver

Thanks guys, I appreciate the kind words!

Originally Posted by bigblack06
That tint looks like huper optik, which is pretty good, I have never gotten my tint done by the dealership either, only cause they cost more. I go to guy that does the tint for the state troopers in our state. I have never had a problem and its lifetime warranty.
Not Huper Optik, which is the ceramic tint. The Wincos is a high IR rejection film, but without the issues associated with Huper Optik tint. I know people used to complain about issues with radio reception and sensors with Huper Optik tint, and the high cost associated with the film and install. A lot of my friends have the Wincos and have nothing to say but good things, which is why I went with this over the standard 20% film.
Old 01-21-13, 11:48 PM
Maseroche
Driver

Looks like he did a great job on the install.
Old 01-22-13, 07:26 AM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by Malu59RT
Thanks guys, I appreciate the kind words!

Not Huper Optik, which is the ceramic tint. The Wincos is a high IR rejection film, but without the issues associated with Huper Optik tint. I know people used to complain about issues with radio reception and sensors with Huper Optik tint, and the high cost associated with the film and install. A lot of my friends have the Wincos and have nothing to say but good things, which is why I went with this over the standard 20% film.
Yeah haven't heard about that heard the ceramic doesnt mess with the radio, don't really know I have Llumar tint, first time I have heard about wincos and yes huper optik is way expensive for no reason.
Old 01-22-13, 10:03 AM
tsmith167
Rookie

I have read twice and still must have missed it. What percent is this? Looks great.
Old 01-24-13, 01:09 AM
k20eg
Rookie

Looks really good. Is that stock ride height? Is it lowered? If so what springs/coilovers?
Old 01-24-13, 07:23 PM
Malu59RT
Driver

Thanks again guys!

Originally Posted by tsmith167
I have read twice and still must have missed it. What percent is this? Looks great.
Sorry, it was 20% tint.
Originally Posted by k20eg
Looks really good. Is that stock ride height? Is it lowered? If so what springs/coilovers?
Those are PS springs Not as tall as the other cars I've seen, but I can't stand the huge wheel gap in photos.

Quick Reply: Got my Starfire/Black F-sport tinted finally!