GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

new ipod problem.

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-13, 08:51 PM
loki312
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new ipod problem.

when i use my iphone (4s), i can't "jump" to artists (i.e. if i want to listen to TOOL, i have to scroll forever instead of clicking on the "TUV" button. this happened today.

all phone functions seem to work, and this literaly just happened. pandora, spotify, and everything else stream no problem. basically the issue is when i am plugged in.

anyone else having this issue? it's driving me crazy and basically makes all of the in car audio commands for iphone/ipod completely useless.

anyone have any suggestions? heard about anything like this?
Old 01-08-13, 05:36 AM
PLAYTYM
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by loki312
when i use my iphone (4s), i can't "jump" to artists (i.e. if i want to listen to TOOL, i have to scroll forever instead of clicking on the "TUV" button. this happened today.

all phone functions seem to work, and this literaly just happened. pandora, spotify, and everything else stream no problem. basically the issue is when i am plugged in.

anyone else having this issue? it's driving me crazy and basically makes all of the in car audio commands for iphone/ipod completely useless.

anyone have any suggestions? heard about anything like this?
Not sure if my issue is the same, but realized the other day that I wanted to listen to a particular song and without pulling out my iPhone 4S, I had no way of doing it? I connect via BT-Audio and I have no idea what the "TUV" button is???
Old 01-08-13, 09:49 AM
James5
Driver School Candidate

OP, when I run my iPod through the USB port, there's a couple albums that play with a really slow tempo for some reason, but when I run it through Auxilary, it sounds fine. It's really weird.

Tool sounds awesome on the Mark Levinson, btw.
Old 01-08-13, 10:43 AM
wayner
Rookie

Can't you just use the voice recognition to say "Play Artist Tool" or "Play Music" and then "Play Artist Tool"
Old 01-08-13, 10:47 AM
PLAYTYM
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by wayner
Can't you just use the voice recognition to say "Play Artist Tool" or "Play Music" and then "Play Artist Tool"
Does this actually work? Everytime I try it...I get nothing..."Pardon me?"
Old 01-08-13, 10:54 AM
wayner
Rookie

It works for me. You do have to follow the right sequence I think. So push the button and say Play Music. It should then show a list of your next command options which for me are Play Artist ... and Play Album ...

For some reason Play Song is "grayed out"
Old 01-08-13, 10:56 AM
PLAYTYM
Lead Lap

It works for me. You do have to follow the right sequence I think. So push the button and say Play Music. It should then show a list of your next command options which for me are Play Artist ... and Play Album ...

For some reason Play Song is "grayed out"
Have you tried this with BT-Audio or are you plugged in?
Old 01-08-13, 11:01 AM
wayner
Rookie

I have an iPod classic permanently plugged in but I also get BT audio from my Blackberry Bold 9900, but I have never used it. I will try unplugging it tonight on my drive home if I get a chance.
Old 01-08-13, 11:02 AM
PLAYTYM
Lead Lap

I have an iPod classic permanently plugged in but I also get BT audio from my Blackberry Bold 9900, but I have never used it. I will try unplugging it tonight on my drive home if I get a chance.
That would be awesome...let me know what you find out. Thanks!
Old 01-08-13, 11:25 AM
loki312
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by PLAYTYM
Not sure if my issue is the same, but realized the other day that I wanted to listen to a particular song and without pulling out my iPhone 4S, I had no way of doing it? I connect via BT-Audio and I have no idea what the "TUV" button is???
if you are searching for an artist, towards the middle of the screen there are 2 columns (the first one says "abc", 'def", etc) that allow you to jump from artist to artist instead of scrolling constantly.

I use bluetooth as well, but the sound seems to be better through the usb for the ipod (and the bluetooth still presents the same issue).

i took it to the dealership today, they were pretty surprised by the problem - they were able to get it to work partially (for artists i could use the quick jump buttons [pure luck]) but for albums, podcasts, and so forth they could not figure it out. they said that the would contact lexus hq (and get back to me with more information).

i'll keep everyone posted.
Old 01-08-13, 12:47 PM
PLAYTYM
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by loki312
if you are searching for an artist, towards the middle of the screen there are 2 columns (the first one says "abc", 'def", etc) that allow you to jump from artist to artist instead of scrolling constantly.
I am connected via BlueTooth and do not see these columbs you speak of? Can you take a screen shot and show me?
Old 01-09-13, 06:41 AM
wayner
Rookie

I tried checking it out last night but my car doesn't seem to see any music from my Blackberry - maybe this feature doesn't work with Blackberries. I will try tonight with my iPad as it should work the same as an iPhone and/or I can borrow the wife's iPhone 4S and try it out.
Old 01-09-13, 07:07 AM
PLAYTYM
Lead Lap

I tried checking it out last night but my car doesn't seem to see any music from my Blackberry - maybe this feature doesn't work with Blackberries. I will try tonight with my iPad as it should work the same as an iPhone and/or I can borrow the wife's iPhone 4S and try it out.
I really appreciate it! I tried the voice commands again and she just doesn't have those options. Yes, I have the enhanced voice commands turned on. I'm thinking it has to do with BT-Audio. It just sucsk that there's no way to search out a song or artist.
Old 01-09-13, 09:55 AM
loki312
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by PLAYTYM
I am connected via BlueTooth and do not see these columbs you speak of? Can you take a screen shot and show me?
sure, i'll post a photo when i leave the office. (i guess it is kind of difficult to explain verbally)
Old 01-11-13, 03:54 PM
sarmyth
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm pretty sure you have to enable those voice commands in the settings menu... they're part of the expanded voice command list if i'm not mistaken.

Quick Reply: new ipod problem.